Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

40 minutes ago, Schif said:

Any guesses on when PA will stop putting out these daily maps? There's probably some low to mid level guy in Harrisburg who's job it is to update the template every morning and email it out to someone to publish it up.

It's not bad work but it's not his dream. The guy is working from home which is a definite step up from the plaster walls of the windowless room where his Dell Desktop had been set up on a brown table. Sure there were birthday parties occasionally but the drudgery of that life wore on him. Should I try to get a new job? Maybe, but these benefits are nice and I don't even know where I would start to look during  pandemic. Next year. Yeah definitely next year I'll be ready to branch out and find a job I love.  Next year never comes, each step in comfortable brown shoes is one closer to retirement, that's when things will be better....

Indefinitely on the maps.  People get so pissed off when the morning call and WFMZ post a daily article on Facebook with new numbers.  Mainly things like,”why can’t you post good news”..this kills only 99.54% of people..it’s a hoax..or urban legends like people who weren’t even tested who have a friend who was notified they have it.  

35 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

And then there is this weird stuff that i saw on my local patch, that says Carbon Co is "concerning"

There are now 21 Pennsylvania counties with concerning percent-positivity rates — 5 percent or higher.

Carbon (5.1 percent)

Oh Lordy I guess RideDE won’t be going leaf peeping in Jim Thorpe 

A member of my staff tested positive.  He had contact with 75% of our field crew.  Had to shut down for two weeks.

Though of course, no one officially notified us.  We were just being cautious and careful for the sake of our team, families and community.

Office is in Bucks.  CVS told another that they are seeing tons of positives under 25 lately.

Unfortunately by exposing low risk people, we expose high risk people. There isn't a practical way to take one society and strip out all the vulnerable people from it.

If we knew that there were no long term effects from COVID like strokes or heart and lung damage or liver damage or mental changes, and we did have a way to identify and isolate every vulnerable person, then that makes sense. It's just not within our abilities.

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Schif said:

image.png.ce53da26b66e0105b985ca63be46be39.png

Saw this poll online today. How would you guys vote and what do you think of the results? Also I loathe their use of thru but whatever. 

I'd be a no, because infecting low risk people leads to infecting high risk people.....

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Highest daily case count occurred yesterday.

today will be a new high score by a lot if they're using the same metrics that i used in the past. seems like they keep mixing things up / missing / combining days so i'm not certain.

im too lazy to do it anymore, but i was using the county result PDFs. They're usually uploaded to the server around 9am (website updates the link around noon). just change the date in the url in to today's for the most recent file. copy/paste into excel, take difference between yesterday and today and thats the new number.

Edited by Benm