Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Lots of people in the streets on philly the last two days/nights. Should see a significant spike coming 

at least most are wearing masks... unless they are screaming about counting the votes, or stopping the count.... I can't keep track of their conspiracies anymore. 

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

at least most are wearing masks... unless they are screaming about counting the votes, or stopping the count.... I can't keep track of their conspiracies anymore. 

I wasn’t bringing politics into it, hence why I generalized it as “a lot of people”. 

16 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Good luck. How's your sister are how are you feeling?

My sisters fine, mild fever and headache. I haven’t felt any symptoms other than a headache so I decided to get a test as a precaution. 

I saw somebody last night at the bar who splits his time between here and Florida because he has a girlfriend and a place down there.  He said he’s been on about 20 flights since Covid began and he’s seeing older relatives soon so got tested the other day and was negative on the test and antibodies.  It shows that planes and airports are pretty safe when masked up.  With the rising case count likely be the last time I go out for awhile.  

On 11/7/2020 at 1:25 PM, Shadows said:

Oh damn. Guess I'll go to Buckman next week.

Let me know what the outcome is on it, I’m highly considering picking one up for that price if it takes away the headache of having to reserve tickets ahead of time. 

my buddies aren’t patrolling at BC this year so the free tickets there are no more. Might make sense to make the jump to blue for $429 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Barb said:

Finally got an exercise specific mask from Outdoor Research. Highly recommend, it stays in place and I am not sucking in the mask when breathing hard. 

https://www.outdoorresearch.com/us/face-mask-kit-283298?cat=380,224

In Boulder are masks common outdoors?  I have not seen anybody wear a mask on any of my walks but I remember you were saying some neighbors yelled at you for not wearing one. Reminds me that I need to order more masks.  My Tommy Bahama masks aren’t in season anymore. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

4 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Where do you see the deal? Is there a time limit? Not sure when ill go

I saw it on fb as a video buckmans posted. Appears you get the voucher from buckmans, then purchase the pass through blue. I’ll attach the link below. 

https://fb.watch/1EjTLuYJ3D/

Edited by Kyle
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

In Boulder are masks common outdoors?  I have not seen anybody wear a mask on any of my walks but I remember you were saying some neighbors yelled at you for not wearing one. Reminds me that I need to order more masks.  My Tommy Bahama masks aren’t in season anymore. 

For outdoor dog walks and hikes I wear a buff and pull it up if needed. I got the OR mask for yoga classes and the gym.  And also for ski season, wanted a real mask to wear on the lift other then just a buff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Let me know what the outcome is on it, I’m highly considering picking one up for that price if it takes away the headache of having to reserve tickets ahead of time. 

my buddies aren’t patrolling at BC this year so the free tickets there are no more. Might make sense to make the jump to blue for $429 

The drive sucks but it's worth the $429...the  lot scene is priceless though...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mixilplix said:

The drive sucks but it's worth the $429...the  lot scene is priceless though...

I’m familiar with the lot scene, just couldn’t pass up free tickets at BC and an hour less travel time last year. This year is a different story. It’ll depend on what happens with this season. The increasing Covid numbers are a concern (and I’m possibly one of those numbers) so it’s going to depend on what things look like once it’s more concrete. 

Edited by Kyle

4 hours ago, Kyle said:

I’m familiar with the lot scene, just couldn’t pass up free tickets at BC and an hour less travel time last year. This year is a different story. It’ll depend on what happens with this season. The increasing Covid numbers are a concern (and I’m possibly one of those numbers) so it’s going to depend on what things look like once it’s more concrete. 

I’m more concerned that it gets cold.  Blue will be fine, just like the golf courses.  I am waiting till closer to last minute to book travel for this skison. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m more concerned that it gets cold.  Blue will be fine, just like the golf courses.  I am waiting till closer to last minute to book travel for this skison. 

With my luck I would buy a pass and everything would get shut down again the very next day 😂

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

With my luck I would buy a pass and everything would get shut down again the very next day 😂

Well, thats a legit concern, but they do actually have a Covid refund policy.  

https://www.skibluemt.com/winter-sports/skiing-snowboarding/tickets-season-pass/season-pass/

$429 is such a good deal.  Even if they dont have night skiing.  

• Like 2