Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

Do you have a place in the Poconos already? If I was at liberty to move anywhere for the winter for proximity to skiing 7 days a week I can't say the poconos would be in the running.

Maybe it works for him and he's not you. We can't all gave girlfriends with homes 3 hours away from the great and magnificent Hunter.
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Our school district just announced they will be 100% remote learning until at least January. They said they can no longer handle schools on an individual basis. They were really trying to keep k-2 in person as studies have shown that age bracket does the worst with remote learning. 

My son’s lung collapsed again and he had the surgery to fuse it to his chest wall yesterday and is now in ICU. Now I am just really concerned about COVID for him. I have been careful myself, but now I feel I should up my game even more since he is in my bubble. 

I hope everything goes well with you son! Stay positive and test negative. We’ll get through this.
  • Like 1

Gonna be another record day for new Covid cases. Already about 139,000 new cases and almost 1400 new deaths with a tiny bit of reporting left.  Even if new cases won’t rise daily deaths will rise above 2,000 in a few weeks..back on October 18th daily cases in the US were under 60,000. That’s how fast this is exploding. Almost every state is following a steep curve of new cases except a few states in the Deep South.  Vermont is about to get hot as well.  My suppliers there were really concerned about over 40 new cases in the state.  Now the state has the same population as Delco but 50 times the size and no wawa..

23 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

I wonder how badly all this is gonna drive up healthcare care costs..

That's a really interesting question. It seems that the majority of cases don't require medical attention, though some people require the most expensive care in an ICU. 

12 hours ago, Mixilplix said:

I wonder how badly all this is gonna drive up healthcare care costs..

In the long run - who knows. I feel like healthcare costs are always in the fast lane. I handle the benefits for our company and BCBS notified us that they will be issuing a one-time medical premium relief credit for the month of December. We will not withhold medical insurance payroll deductions for any of our US employees in December. Which is nice for alot of our lower paid employees with families. That could be a few hundred back in their pockets.  Even looking at our stats/claims over the past few months, its so odd compared to a normal year. We are just hoping it doesn't backfire when we go to renew and they want some crazy % increase.

42 minutes ago, Zonked said:

In the long run - who knows. I feel like healthcare costs are always in the fast lane. I handle the benefits for our company and BCBS notified us that they will be issuing a one-time medical premium relief credit for the month of December. We will not withhold medical insurance payroll deductions for any of our US employees in December. Which is nice for alot of our lower paid employees with families. That could be a few hundred back in their pockets.  Even looking at our stats/claims over the past few months, its so odd compared to a normal year. We are just hoping it doesn't backfire when we go to renew and they want some crazy % increase.

sounds like a great case for universal publicly funded healthcare

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Benm said:

since we are talking about carbon co. hickory run has gasoline again - no diesel.

What's up with Gasoline ? 

I went to Disney for a bit with my daughter and mad stations were straight up 70s style out of gas. 

I'm not aware of any refinery shut downs or supply interruptions but it was pretty weird to see so many with even 87. 

• Confused 1