Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

16 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

What's up with Gasoline ? 

I went to Disney for a bit with my daughter and mad stations were straight up 70s style out of gas. 

I'm not aware of any refinery shut downs or supply interruptions but it was pretty weird to see so many with even 87. 

Did you drive down there or were these stations around Orlando? 

3 hours ago, Zonked said:

In the long run - who knows. I feel like healthcare costs are always in the fast lane. I handle the benefits for our company and BCBS notified us that they will be issuing a one-time medical premium relief credit for the month of December. We will not withhold medical insurance payroll deductions for any of our US employees in December. Which is nice for alot of our lower paid employees with families. That could be a few hundred back in their pockets.  Even looking at our stats/claims over the past few months, its so odd compared to a normal year. We are just hoping it doesn't backfire when we go to renew and they want some crazy % increase.

Back when my dad and I were partners, our company health insurance kept rising like 10-17% every year and it was a fight between me wanting to continue paying it and him wanting employees to contribute a little bit.  Passing on extra health insurance costs to employees in my opinion is demotivating to the employees especially if business is good.  We don’t have a 401k for employees though.  

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

Things are getting really, really bad again. 

Yup I looked at the curves for every state individually and they’re all bad except Hawaii and some of the Deep South states are staying steady by high cases.  Earlier in the pandemic there were various hot spots, now almost everywhere is a hot spot.  

Welp... jersey is at April peak #’s and you guys are in uncharted territory. “Good” news here is deaths still way down (lagging indicator but fingers crossed).

I have still yet to purchase my blue season pass. Back in spring not in mood. Ok with paying walk-up price for pass this year and will do so once the season starts. Enjoy the extra 3-hundo Barb.

Non ski related but only saving grace is this fall has been a slamming surf season in the NE. Hope it keeps up this winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Welp... jersey is at April peak #’s and you guys are in uncharted territory. “Good” news here is deaths still way down (lagging indicator but fingers crossed).

I have still yet to purchase my blue season pass. Back in spring not in mood. Ok with paying walk-up price for pass this year and will do so once the season starts. Enjoy the extra 3-hundo Barb.

Non ski related but only saving grace is this fall has been a slamming surf season in the NE. Hope it keeps up this winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get your Blue pass!!!

33 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Biden’s task force is toying with the idea of a 4-6 week long national lockdown. I imagine that would come around late January or February.  That’s exactly why I’m not booking travel far in advance. 

I'm not counting on skiing this season. We'll be lucky if we get a few weeks in. I might buy a mountain bike and ride all winter, and will also check into cross-country skiing. You should come with!

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm not counting on skiing this season. We'll be lucky if we get a few weeks in. I might buy a mountain bike and ride all winter, and will also check into cross-country skiing. You should come with!

I can always count on you for the negative Nancy comments.  I honestly don’t think we’ll have a national lockdown. Cross country skiing is boring 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I can always count on you for the negative Nancy comments.  I honestly don’t think we’ll have a national lockdown. Cross country skiing is boring 

Who knows. Once Biden is in Jan. 20, I imagine things will be more restrictive. Hopefully the Federal government gives ski resorts some money if there's a lockdown during this dark, dark winter.

17 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Who knows. Once Biden is in Jan. 20, I imagine things will be more restrictive. Hopefully the Federal government gives ski resorts some money if there's a lockdown during this dark, dark winter.

I don’t think the government will call a national lockdown it’s possible though but we have skiing till then at least.  Just enjoy everyday.  I’m basically locked down now personally.  I’m done going to the bars probably until springtime.  I played with Fire a few times and didn’t get burnt so will cash in my chips before I go bust...I’m not meeting with customers anymore this year either..even outside. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

New theory I’m seeing being tossed around is that the flu shot is causing the increase I positive tests because the numbers sky rocketed not long after the push to get a flu shot. 

ok.

I got a flu shot and tested negative so that’s out the window pretty quick, in my eyes at least.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

New theory I’m seeing being tossed around is that the flu shot is causing the increase I positive tests because the numbers sky rocketed not long after the push to get a flu shot. 

ok.

I got a flu shot and tested negative so that’s out the window pretty quick, in my eyes at least.  

People are so fucking stupid that they’ll think up any damn excuse other than actually believing science. Fuck. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, toast21602 said:

People are so fucking stupid that they’ll think up any damn excuse other than actually believing science. Fuck. 

Remember when stores were sold out of Garlic because people on FB or whatever said if you eat alot of Garlic you wont get Covid?  some funny shit on the internet for sure.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Remember when stores were sold out of Garlic because people on FB or whatever said if you eat alot of Garlic you wont get Covid?  some funny shit on the internet for sure.  

Maybe true if COVID is a vampire 

• Like 1

I don't think there is any legal way for a national lockdown to be implemented. I think skiing will be annoying but not closed this year. My theory is still that unless tickets are restricted we will see a large influx of people getting on the mountains as they see it as a relatively safe outdoor activity. I think it will be similar to how one week I was out in Wissahickon and enjoying the scenery alone and the next week you were dodging tons of people and a family who thought a stroller was a good idea on a hiking trail. Come mid January people will be clawing at the walls with nothing else to do so they will turn to skiing. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Schif said:

I don't think there is any legal way for a national lockdown to be implemented. I think skiing will be annoying but not closed this year. My theory is still that unless tickets are restricted we will see a large influx of people getting on the mountains as they see it as a relatively safe outdoor activity. I think it will be similar to how one week I was out in Wissahickon and enjoying the scenery alone and the next week you were dodging tons of people and a family who thought a stroller was a good idea on a hiking trail. Come mid January people will be clawing at the walls with nothing else to do so they will turn to skiing. 

Tickets will be limited at most places. 

54 minutes ago, Schif said:

I don't think there is any legal way for a national lockdown to be implemented.

Citizens of Greece are required to text the government when they leave their house, and state the reasons thereof. Perhaps this will be implemented here to enforce the national lockdown. Doubt skiing would be on the list of acceptable activities.

Edited by saltyant
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Citizens of Greece are required to text the government when they leave their house, and state the reasons thereof. Perhaps this will be implemented here to enforce the national lockdown. Doubt skiing would be on the list of acceptable activities.

Yeah absolutley no way that would happen or even work here. People won’t even put a mask on for 3 minutes to go to Wawa, they’re not going to text the government every time they leave their house 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Yeah absolutley no way that would happen or even work here. People won’t even put a mask on for 3 minutes to go to Wawa, they’re not going to text the government every time they leave their house 

Who knows. It'll certainly be interesting with the upcoming change in administrations on Jan. 20.