Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

It's accurate. I like Whiteface and when the snow is good it's great. But it's not great too often. Based on my impressions from your's and other's comments, I think you would like Gore more than Whiteface.

I have probably 25+ days at WF. Not a ton but enough to see the good bad and the ugly. Thing about WF is even at ugly, you can find a pod that skis pretty damn good because basically the hill has aspects in all directions and the freakin temps there enable them to blow snow pretty much non stop. So if your working the mid mountain lift off of little WF, that’s ~ .8k of vert that you can lap constantly that may be glorious (they constantly blow snow there as that’s where most of their comps are). If your lapping WF proper.... boy that’s a workout as that’s 3k/run and maybe only 1k is glorious and the other 2k is fuk-shit snow.

And like most bigger hills, when conditions permit WF has plenty of trees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 7

43 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

I have probably 25+ days at WF. Not a ton but enough to see the good bad and the ugly. Thing about WF is even at ugly, you can find a pod that skis pretty damn good because basically the hill has aspects in all directions and the freakin temps there enable them to blow snow pretty much non stop. So if your working the mid mountain lift off of little WF, that’s ~ .8k of vert that you can lap constantly that may be glorious (they constantly blow snow there as that’s where most of their comps are). If your lapping WF proper.... boy that’s a workout as that’s 3k/run and maybe only 1k is glorious and the other 2k is fuk-shit snow.

And like most bigger hills, when conditions permit WF has plenty of trees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ski talk is making the stoke market rise...I approve!!!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, IceEidolon said:

On the positive side, once the all clear sounds, there won't be any waiting around for the snow, regardless of season.

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

Aren’t things dictated by Mother Nature??  Tuesday and Wednesday nights should hopefully give all y’all a nice headstart for when the first real cold snap hits. See you opening day IceE

Aren’t things dictated by Mother Nature??  Tuesday and Wednesday nights should hopefully give all y’all a nice headstart for when the first real cold snap hits. See you opening day IceE
The 'when we get the all clear' was about the PASR trip to Big Snow. I have no idea when the outdoor places will get rolling.

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

At least some people are taking the pandemic seriously again. Two different friends wanted to go out for drinks tonight...nope it was enough having foot pain from walking too much..I wouldn’t deal well with the Covey..shits getting extra hot..my spidey senses are tingling..

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

11 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

We'll see I guess. I'd just feel weird posting up a "hey guys...I know we're in the middle of a freaking pandemic but who wants to go in a ski trip?". Lol

Thats why I’m so lukewarm about Jackson hole right now.  It’s like the worst town and mountain for social distancing. 

Something I’ve noticed the past few times I’ve been to giant (3 times in the last week) is that people got real comfortable taking carts from others or the receptors in the parking lot. Kinda defeats the whole purpose of them sanitizing carts. 

is it leading to increased cases? Probably not but it’s showing how comfortable people are getting. 

• Like 1