Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

35 minutes ago, mikes781 said:

Its been interesting to see how outdoor activities have fared over the summer. Both my girls play travel softball and I coach. It certainly hasn’t been business as usual and there have been precautions put in place, but they participated in practice and multiple tournaments since July and I’m not aware of a single case of transmission related to them. We’re talking dozens of teams at some of these tournaments and mixed levels of distancing. There were one or two scares that I heard of where a player had been in contact with someone who tested positive off the field, but they self isolated until they could test negative. My kids are in school 2x days a week for short days and knock on wood there have been no transmissions there either. Our HS has had a few.

The rising numbers don’t surprise me though. Some of the things we could get away with when we were outdoors aren’t going to fly over the winter. People are just tending to get complacent after get a false sense of security over the summer.

My sisters friend has a 16 year old daughter who played sports who just got Covid..not too bad..lack of taste and fever.  My sister hangs with the girls mom so she got tested yesterday..cases are just so high I don’t see team sports being a good thing now. It just expands a persons bubble so much.  

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

This won’t make a difference at all. 

6BBACD86-2893-4FB8-9844-238AFA908178.png

Yeah..... I’m not getting tested or quarantining because I drove 10 mins from home into Delaware, wore a mask, sanitizer etc etc to buy beer for significantly less than PA. 

It makes sense to those who spend extended periods of time out of the state. 

• Like 1

My sisters friend has a 16 year old daughter who played sports who just got Covid..not too bad..lack of taste and fever.  My sister hangs with the girls mom so she got tested yesterday..cases are just so high I don’t see team sports being a good thing now. It just expands a persons bubble so much.  

Indoor sports or high contact sports can’t happen now. We normally do indoor training but that will be put on hold.

I haven’t seen the PA order yet, but myself and one of my daughters have season passes to Blue. [emoji17]. I had held off on getting my older daughter one.

2 minutes ago, mikes781 said:

Indoor sports or high contact sports can’t happen now. We normally do indoor training but that will be put on hold.

I haven’t seen the PA order yet, but myself and one of my daughters have season passes to Blue. emoji17.png. I had held off on getting my older daughter one.

The order for PA is if you leave the stare for reasons other than business or medical you have to either get tested or quarentine for 14 days.  Also masks are recommended when outside even when you can social distance.  If we get cold should be a nice season at blue for season passholders.  Less crowds

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The order for PA is if you leave the stare for reasons other than business or medical you have to either get tested or quarentine for 14 days.  Also masks are recommended when outside even when you can social distance.  If we get cold should be a nice season at blue for season passholders.  Less crowds

So if you go to Jackson Hole then you're not allowed to ski at Blue for 2 weeks. Unless it changes by then.

Edit: unless you get tested

Edited by saltyant

So if you go to Jackson Hole then you're not allowed to ski at Blue for 2 weeks. Unless it changes by then.

If you ski at Jackson hole you'll probably not want to ski at Blue for at least two weeks. Of course last time I skied at Jackson hole I couldn't ski for a month after...darn thunder woods!
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

If you ski at Jackson hole you'll probably not want to ski at Blue for at least two weeks. Of course last time I skied at Jackson hole I couldn't ski for a month after...darn thunder woods!

I may never go back there since my last ski day there in 2019 was a cross off on the bucket list.

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Haha I’ll do what I want.  It’s a personal choice like how toast quarentined after Europe and Atomic Jeff didn’t.  I’m not even sure about Jackson hole.  It’s a shitty place for social distancing. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Also you don’t have to quarentine if you get tested. When are they gonna have the fifteen minute tests like they have in the White House. Waiting 3-4 days is nonsense. 

Do you need to get a stick shoved up your nose into your eyeballs, or do they have a pee test now?

Uggh I’m in NJ. So I guess that means that I need to move back in with my parents in PA for the winter or do the long drive to Hunter every weekend if that is allowed.