Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

Are are they going to be able to enforce it or regulate it???  

Probably not unless they want to go around blues parking lot looking for out of state plates. Realistically my wife and I both work from home, my kids will probably be all virtual soon, and we are all pretty diligent about social distancing and wearing masks. Fortunately our county has free testing 5 minutes from my house. My family has used it 2x for what amounted to colds and allergies but better safe that sorry. This winter will be a shit show so we’ll see how it plays out.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

MA has a $500/day fine for quarantine non-compliance. Pennsy got anything similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope..earlier in the pandemic they were telling people who visited Florida and some other hot states but most weren’t. You’ve been to Massachusetts a lot..have you been questioned at all by authorities for being out of state?  I’ve heard that eventually airlines might require some sort of a card to show that you’ve been vaccinated.  

Nope..earlier in the pandemic they were telling people who visited Florida and some other hot states but most weren’t. You’ve been to Massachusetts a lot..have you been questioned at all by authorities for being out of state?  I’ve heard that eventually airlines might require some sort of a card to show that you’ve been vaccinated.  

Nope but last trip was Halloween weekend which was before jersey got on the shit list.

I mean none of this is even remotely enforceable right? It's kind of the honor system and it's going to make people think twice. I think there is a big difference between crossing a state line to go to a big party and crossing it to go infect a few dozen innocent fish. 

• Like 2

MA has a $500/day fine for quarantine non-compliance. Pennsy got anything similar?

https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Travelers.aspx

How is this Order enforced?
The Order is enforceable as a disease control measure under the Disease Prevention and Control Law. The Administration continues to encourage compliance, and expects that, since all people are affected by this virus, everyone will do their utmost to comply. Persons who fail to comply with the Order may be fined between $25.00 and $300.00 dollars.

10 minutes ago, Schif said:

I mean none of this is even remotely enforceable right? It's kind of the honor system and it's going to make people think twice. I think there is a big difference between crossing a state line to go to a big party and crossing it to go infect a few dozen innocent fish. 

I guess it isn't now, but they can set up checkpoints on the Interstate, say Delaware Water Gap, and start questioning motorists where they're going. If they say "skiing" that might be a problem, since that's not on the approved list of activities for crossing state lines.

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

I may never go back there since my last ski day there in 2019 was a cross off on the bucket list.

Your trip with -Dan was more pow than just about any trip I’ve had out there and back then a lot less people. I’m sure you guys were happy with the airlines on that trip. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Boulder is level orange, level red is lockdown. Now they decided to make level red stricter restrictions and add purple as the new lockdown level. We start level red restrictions Friday, but they are not even updated on state’s website. Article in the paper just says indoor dining is done but really does not give any other guidance. 

Meanwhile I joined a newly formed FB skiing group and the ladies are all talking about carpooling? Seriously? 

• Confused 1

158,000 new cases and 1600 new deaths for the US today.  England and France are about two weeks into lockdown and their numbers are about half of their peak.  Italy has a higher rate of new deaths and cases than the US.  Although the death rate is only about 1%, deaths are a lagging indicator so I expect it to rise a bunch in the coming weeks to the 2-3,000 per day rate. 

13 minutes ago, Barb said:

Boulder is level orange, level red is lockdown. Now they decided to make level red stricter restrictions and add purple as the new lockdown level. We start level red restrictions Friday, but they are not even updated on state’s website. Article in the paper just says indoor dining is done but really does not give any other guidance. 

Meanwhile I joined a newly formed FB skiing group and the ladies are all talking about carpooling? Seriously? 

carpooling with people you have been around and continue to be around is one thing, but random people? no thanks. 

Stooges bar in Allentown is temporarily closed because an employee caught Covid so if you are looking to get the Covey try a different bar.  Earlier in the summer liberty street tavern and Madeline’s in Fogelsville both closed for a week or two due to an employee testing positive.  I give them props for being forthright about it but makes me question how many places kept it on the hush when employees were stricken with the virus.  I really feel for frontline and hospitality workers. I’ve thought about it many times how I can be alone in my office and do most business through phone email mail and fax machine while others have to see 100 people a day.   

43D73DA5-EAE8-4112-9E27-3183BC035AC2.png

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Stooges bar in Allentown is temporarily closed because an employee caught Covid so if you are looking to get the Covey try a different bar.  Earlier in the summer liberty street tavern and Madeline’s in Fogelsville both closed for a week or two due to an employee testing positive.  I give them props for being forthright about it but makes me question how many places kept it on the hush when employees were stricken with the virus.  I really feel for frontline and hospitality workers. I’ve thought about it many times how I can be alone in my office and do most business through phone email mail and fax machine while others have to see 100 people a day.   

43D73DA5-EAE8-4112-9E27-3183BC035AC2.png

Just be careful going out to these places if you are still going. Bars are definitely some pretty notorious hotspots.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Just be careful going out to these places if you are still going. Bars are definitely some pretty notorious hotspots.

I hear you and drunks suck at social distancing. On Halloween I was inside a little to see a band with Dr. Fauci and Steph and I was playing with Fire and now stephs coworker has the Covey. Shit is hitting closer and closer to home. 

D1E3ADBB-B175-4D83-B220-3355A6C94623.jpeg