Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Anecdotal evidence doesn’t fly with this crowd...it will work with the some of the ex cons you work with at the car lot. 

But the assumption that more people are getting it in bars and restaurants and family gatherings is just as anecdotal and accepted at face. Unless there are studies showing otherwise that I haven’t seen or seen discussed . . .

The only thing I recall seeing was the report of Sturis causing mass cases which turned out to be propaganda and there were really 414. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Cool new content being uploaded to YouTube daily or go visit the dark web.  Maybe get Netflix. I’ve never tried it but people love it. 

Have you watched Letterkenny? That shit’s hilarious. It’s on Hulu. Or pirated. I watched it one of those two ways.

• Like 2

I have a research scientist friend who is developing a therapeutic treatment to eliminate the spread of the virus in a person's body, once infected. Essentially attacking the disease on the molecular level. His process effectively constructs a wall around the diseased cells not allowing them to infect any other cells within the body.

His process focus was originally designed to attack cancer cells, but since March his team has turned their attention to fighting Covid 19. Last week they began limited clinical trials in Singapore, his main research center.

This man is a genius and I fully expect him to win a Nobel prize someday.

His company name is Hummingbird Bioscience and was featured on CNBC last weekend.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

I think I would.

4 minutes ago, rummy said:

Last week my Dr asked if I would take the vaccine. I answered yes, and he said he would too.

Me too.  When you think about all the other shit we put in our bodies, this one is for the greater good.  

I think my wife may have to take it for work, whereas I'll make sure I'm not getting it over someone who is in a vulnerable group.  

I think two things will cause more people to take the vaccine than they were admitting just a few weeks ago.

1. People were afraid of a vaccine that they didn't think would have sufficient testing when tRump was pushing to rush one to market and saying Clorox and could be a remedy.

2. With the explosion of cases with no end in site people will become more afraid of it and more likely to take it.

3. As more people die and especially if someone they know dies, they will be more likely to take it.

Of course there are always going to be the idiots that scream at doctors on their death beds that it is a hoax and refuse to take it. But then that just reinforces the theory or natural selection.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

I think two things will cause more people to take the vaccine than they were admitting just a few weeks ago.

1. People were afraid of a vaccine that they didn't think would have sufficient testing when tRump was pushing to rush one to market and saying Clorox and could be a remedy.

2. With the explosion of cases with no end in site people will become more afraid of it and more likely to take it.

3. As more people die and especially if someone they know dies, they will be more likely to take it.

Of course there are always going to be the idiots that scream at doctors on their death beds that it is a hoax and refuse to take it. But then that just reinforces the theory or natural selection.

That is 3 things.  

But i concur!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

I am blown away by how many people i know say no way to a vaccine.  Its like they dont get its not just for their good, but i know alot of stupid people.  

I would agree that some of the stupid people i know that were on the fence with a vaccine, have probably gone to the "i will get one" side.  

48 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

But the assumption that more people are getting it in bars and restaurants and family gatherings is just as anecdotal and accepted at face. Unless there are studies showing otherwise that I haven’t seen or seen discussed . . .

The only thing I recall seeing was the report of Sturis causing mass cases which turned out to be propaganda and there were really 414. 

414 cases leads to tens of thousands of cases. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

The problem I am having is there is nothing cool or exciting left to see on the internet, I have literally seen it all.  There are literally not a single road rage video or ski fight video left to see

Try angrysnowboarder on You Tube Some good info any he's mildly entertaining....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Our transporters have informed us that New Jersey and Delaware are keeping a database of out of state plates coming in.  If the government decides you’ve entered nj or de too many times, they will be in contact

I wonder if PA will implement this as well??? Do they put license plate readers along the interstates? 

30 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Our transporters have informed us that New Jersey and Delaware are keeping a database of out of state plates coming in.  If the government decides you’ve entered nj or de too many times, they will be in contact

This is nothing but hearsay. Consider the source.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I wonder if PA will implement this as well??? Do they put license plate readers along the interstates? 

There are EZ pass readers all over populated parts of America nowhere near tolls that are used solely for data collecting.  I believe The NY Times did an article a few years back

• Thanks 1