Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

2 minutes ago, Schif said:

Depends what they are talking about, but yes sometimes I do. 

If your superior said “we have vehicles to take to jersey, and nj has informed us they are monitoring tags, so we have to plan this.”

would you say, “superior you are wrong!  A guy on the internet told me you were wrong!”

27 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

If your superior said “we have vehicles to take to jersey, and nj has informed us they are monitoring tags, so we have to plan this.”

would you say, “superior you are wrong!  A guy on the internet told me you were wrong!”

Oh shut the front door 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Yippee.  Co worker tested positive.  

FWIW, and not trying to play doctor or conspiracy theory or any of that here, my sister had it,and everyone else in contact with her during that time in her house, including myself and her boyfriend that she lives with, all tested negative twice. So there is a chance you don’t contract it. 

hopefully everything works out well regardless of how you, or others in your office test. 

3 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Yippee.  Co worker tested positive.  

I had the same happen to me Dan...Guy I worked with for about a week tested hot...I was pretty strict on the mask wearing/washing hands/sanitizer/distance thing though ...I never got it/never had symptoms...But the first week after he tested hot sucked...This was all back in late May...

Hope all goes well...

Edited by Mixilplix

Im not to concerned. Just sucks that its happened. I have maybe 2 brief conversations with him a day, he is good about wearing a mask, and pretty much keeps to himself, he isnt a big social butterfly, just kinda does his job, and really works alone. 
there are 3 more guys getting tested tomorrow. Fun days ahead. 
i am getting tested friday to be on the safeside. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Im not to concerned. Just sucks that its happened. I have maybe 2 brief conversations with him a day, he is good about wearing a mask, and pretty much keeps to himself, he isnt a big social butterfly, just kinda does his job, and really works alone. 
there are 3 more guys getting tested tomorrow. Fun days ahead. 
i am getting tested friday to be on the safeside. 

Keep us posted! 

My wife was telling me last night that she got volunteered to be on the vaccination task force at her hospital, but the interesting thing is that they have an actual timeline in which she as well as many others at her hospital will get the vaccine sometime in December.  Not exactly breaking news since this is all over the media, but that its happening in real life is exciting to me.  I'm jealous that she'll be able to do whatever the fuck she wants and I'll still have to pretend like I'm being careful!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/18/2020 at 9:09 AM, eaf said:

Yeah, I didn't see many wearing masks during the last round of peaceful protests in Philadelphia either. All the yelling and spitting into each others faces. Definitely deserves a big wall around the entire city.

NJ was rather relaxed during summer time, no doubts about it, but then again PA wasn't too far behind. I remember July or August at Dutch Springs. There were some stupid rules instituted like spraying tanks with soapy water, but people lived their lives, half didn't wear masks, though all were clearly distancing from each other as much as possible.

I was personally at these peaceful protests in Philadelphia and I can promise you MAJORITY of people (I saw as I wondered through center city) had masks on. Again, I was not every single spot in Philly so yes media or social media coverage could have shown different. 

Plus anyone wo spits into each others faces is gross. pandemic or not, that's gross.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Zonked said:

I was personally at these peaceful protests in Philadelphia and I can promise you MAJORITY of people (I saw as I wondered through center city) had masks on. Again, I was not every single spot in Philly so yes media or social media coverage could have shown different. 

Plus anyone wo spits into each others faces is gross. pandemic or not, that's gross.

My pet peeve is my customers who lick their fingers whenever they have to pick up a piece of paper.  A lot of olds just do that instinctively.  I’ve seen cashiers do it as well when grabbing plastic bags and I called one out and said I’ll skip the bag. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

also I should add that I am not saying no one got covid by attending. I'm also not saying getting together in huge groups is a great idea during this all but Trump had rallies all year. What's the difference? Not saying either is right or wrong. People will do what they want in the US because we can. Most people will never change their mind on what went right or wrong this year so how about we just all say we agree to disagree and just try to make it out of 2020 alive and move on? 

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My pet peeve is my customers who lick their fingers whenever they have to pick up a piece of paper.  A lot of olds just do that instinctively.  I’ve seen cashiers do it as well when grabbing plastic bags and I called one out and said I’ll skip the bag. 

I've successfully broken that habit at work due to Covid.  I used to do it sometimes.  A couple weeks ago when I took my family out to eat I realized that my son and I were both eating chicken wings and going to town licking our fingers.  I was appalled at myself when I thought about how gross that is.  Didn't get sick though so all good.  Next time will use a wet nap.  

Edited by NMSKI