Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

Key takeaway from this map: 
The border between Venango and Crawford county is a really cool step shape. This is the kind of thing I'm going to have to find out more information about. 
image.png.9568331642bc287a712ab4d64e492c8a.png

Interesting indeed. I wonder if it's a creek or a river perhaps that sorta snakes back and forth. Please report back with your findings.

Crawford County, the county to the Northwest of Venango seems to be the culprit for the strange lines. 

In March 1829 the county was defined as: 

Beginning at the N. E. corner of a tract in the name of James Gibson on the line of Erie county, being the N. E. corner of [Cussewago Twp.]; thence south to the S. E. corner of a tract in the name of E. Spencer; thence east to the N. E. corner of Thomas Campbell's tract, on French Creek; thence across said Creek to the N. W. corner of A. Humes' tract; thence east along the north line of said tract and F. Rasburg's to the N. E. corner of the last; thence south to the N. W. corner of P. Eck's; thence E. to the N. E. corner of a tract in the name of G. Eck; thence north to the south line of a tract in the name of Israel Israel; thence east, north and west by the lines of sundry tracts to the S. E. corner of a tract in the name of N. Pryer or Ralph Snow; thence north to French Creek; thence across the same to the S. W. corner of a tract in the name of William McArthur's heirs; thence north by the same and donation land to the Erie County line; thence west by the said line to the place of beginning.

Looks like they were taking into account tracts of land along the border. 
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Damn Hawaii is awesome. That was on my list of places to check out but we only had 1.5 days in Honolulu so we only got to hike Diamond Head, check out Pearl Harbor, and surf in Waikiki. Next time....

We’re you there on a layover?  I was there in 2006 to meet my bro in laws family..stayed in waikiki and also hiked Diamond Head and saw the north shore.  Bro in laws dad is members of a posh canoe club and I drank mai raid on his tab. 

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

We’re you there on a layover?  I was there in 2006 to meet my bro in laws family..stayed in waikiki and also hiked Diamond Head and saw the north shore.  Bro in laws dad is members of a posh canoe club and I drank mai raid on his tab. 

Nah we included it in part of our trip. we did 4 days on Maui, 3 on Kauai, and then 1.5ish on Oahu. We stayed with my cousin who was out there for residency while in the army. If I'd go back I'd spend most of my time in Kauai hiking. That place is just magical. 

Kauai is the one main island I haven’t made it to yet. There are some hikes there I hope to get back and do. More time on Maui is also needed, and even the Big Island. I wouldn’t need another visit to Oahu except that I have a cousin there now, my kids haven’t been, and I wouldn’t feel right without a respects trip to the Arizona memorial.

I badly wanted to hike both Haiku Stairs and Sacred Falls but both are closed and off limits and I wasn’t feeling rebellious enough. My favorite hike on Oahu was Likeke Falls.

I miss Hawaii.

45C96448-B7C6-4F86-8776-6D46C85FF6D2.jpeg

C40E092B-FD95-4BC6-9503-49CBD6BD69F0.jpeg

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Kauai is the one main island I haven’t made it to yet. There are some hikes there I hope to get back and do. More time on Maui is also needed, and even the Big Island. I wouldn’t need another visit to Oahu except that I have a cousin there now, my kids haven’t been, and I wouldn’t feel right without a respects trip to the Arizona memorial.

I badly wanted to hike both Haiku Stairs and Sacred Falls but both are closed and off limits and I wasn’t feeling rebellious enough. My favorite hike on Oahu was Likeke Falls.

I miss Hawaii.

45C96448-B7C6-4F86-8776-6D46C85FF6D2.jpeg

C40E092B-FD95-4BC6-9503-49CBD6BD69F0.jpeg

Man, you gotta get to Kauai: 

IMG_2581.jpg

IMG_2402.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

IMG_2318.jpg

IMG_2380.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Crawford County, the county to the Northwest of Venango seems to be the culprit for the strange lines. 
In March 1829 the county was defined as: 

Beginning at the N. E. corner of a tract in the name of James Gibson on the line of Erie county, being the N. E. corner of [Cussewago Twp.]; thence south to the S. E. corner of a tract in the name of E. Spencer; thence east to the N. E. corner of Thomas Campbell's tract, on French Creek; thence across said Creek to the N. W. corner of A. Humes' tract; thence east along the north line of said tract and F. Rasburg's to the N. E. corner of the last; thence south to the N. W. corner of P. Eck's; thence E. to the N. E. corner of a tract in the name of G. Eck; thence north to the south line of a tract in the name of Israel Israel; thence east, north and west by the lines of sundry tracts to the S. E. corner of a tract in the name of N. Pryer or Ralph Snow; thence north to French Creek; thence across the same to the S. W. corner of a tract in the name of William McArthur's heirs; thence north by the same and donation land to the Erie County line; thence west by the said line to the place of beginning.

Looks like they were taking into account tracts of land along the border. 

Thank you for saving me the time. Nice find!

9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Just throwing it out there for all the ding dongs who say we’re not gonna have a ski season everytime cases rise. 

toast was right that biden has been saying this for a while. i'm worried about what tom wolf will do.

15 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

He and Ms. Levine have both said no yellow/orange /red restriction will be re-instated, time will tell...

This is correct. They said targeted  closures as necessary but nothing broadly implemented state-wide (if I remember correctly). 

Definitely more hopeful with the vaccine news, but it will still be a long ride...

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Benm said:

toast was right that biden has been saying this for a while. i'm worried about what tom wolf will do.

He and Levine have said no more lockdowns.  It’s not feasible without a major government stimulus which isn’t happening.  Hey 7,000 cases a day and indoor dining and bars are still open along with schools and kids sports.  If you wanna be locked down you can impose a self lockdown. 

• Like 1