Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

this is a wonderful idea. 

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/nyc-restaurant-city-winery-is-requiring-a-50-onsite-covid-19-test-before-you-dine-130249020.html

Its a Covid test before you dine in their restaurant.  Its $50.  Not that i would normally pay 50 bucks before being able to eat somewhere, but the test i took last week cost $100. 

This echos what I have been hearing around the hospital. The positivity rate significantly increasing, families getting together for thanksgiving, and ICU beds becoming scarce. 

Please be safe this Thanksgiving!

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/coronavirus/2020/11/pa-says-63-counties-have-substantial-spread-of-coronavirus-warns-icu-beds-could-be-filled-in-a-week.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_content=lvl_twitter_lehighvalley&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=lehighvalley_sf

51 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

This echos what I have been hearing around the hospital. The positivity rate significantly increasing, families getting together for thanksgiving, and ICU beds becoming scarce. 

Please be safe this Thanksgiving!

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/coronavirus/2020/11/pa-says-63-counties-have-substantial-spread-of-coronavirus-warns-icu-beds-could-be-filled-in-a-week.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_content=lvl_twitter_lehighvalley&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=lehighvalley_sf

U.S. airports just had the most travelers this past weekend since March. I don't see things improving in the next few weeks.

Because people just "have" to get together with Grandmom for Thanksgiving she may not be here for Christmas. People just can't think outside the box and have "Thanksgiving in July" after vaccines have been distributed to most.

I'm looking forward to doing nothing on Thanksgiving.  I never take off Black Friday (maybe do a half day this Friday) so traveling and having to go to work the next day sucks. 

On another note, I traveled to NJ Saturday night to fish (drove there, fished, came home - no stops except for gas on the PA turnpike).  The authorities/quarantine police have not shown up at my house yet.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PSUFly said:

I'm looking forward to doing nothing on Thanksgiving.  I never take off Black Friday (maybe do a half day this Friday) so traveling and having to go to work the next day sucks. 

On another note, I traveled to NJ Saturday night to fish (drove there, fished, came home - no stops except for gas on the PA turnpike).  The authorities/quarantine police have not shown up at my house yet.

Watch out for the helicopters. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

Were any of the fish wearing masks? 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

I think they were actually - which would explain why they weren't really biting.  I spent most of my time playing the the trolling motor on the kayak instead of fishing...did catch a few (the dumb ones that weren't wearing masks)

Maybe instead of swimming in schools they were social distancing?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I had to swim in school.  It sucked..

My friend pretended not to know how to swim so he didnt have to do anything.  He's still successful in life as long as he's not on a sinking ship or anything. 

Edited by saltyant