Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

54 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It’s plausible, in North and South Dakota where about 10% of the population has already tested positive cases are starting to decline. How accurate are the antibody tests?  I’d be curious if I already got it. I really doubt it..I’ve barely been around people the last 8 months. 

starting to decline there because 1/800 have died from it... 

Edited by toast21602
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NMSKI said:

I'm just glad that I don't have to interact much at work because I'd feel more bad about giving it than getting it I think.    

These are my thoughts as well.  I'm less concerned about getting it, than i am giving it to someone.  Especially my parents.  Being at work puts me (at least i think) at a touch higher risk, just because i am around some people during the course of the day, i work mostly in an office space with 4 other residents, and a bunch of visitors in the morning.  One of the managers here here hasnt been on board with just using common sense since day one, and openly admits he is "over it, and its BS anyways".  And i think most of his information on the topic comes from his daughter, who is a nurse.  I am under the impression she got some type of nursing certificate out of a box of cereal, based on the dumb stuff that comes out of his mouth, which usually starts with "my daughter said........"

Anyways.....i think we can all see the light at the end of the tunnel at this point.  Might be a rough month or so, but i think in the next few months, we should start seeing improvements.  

The odd thing is, nobody in my family has mentioned Christmas at all, which is usually a topic at Thanksgiving.  Just not sure how that one is gonna play out.  

My sister came up from FL to go to her best friends baby shower the weekend before Thanksgiving. My mother tried talking her out of it for months to no avail. My mom refused to go and called the girls mom to tell her why and said if it was her daughter she wouldn't have a shower right now.

The place they were going to have it at cancelled months ago because of covid. My aunt and uncle are converting a barn into a wedding venue in where else but New Tripoli. My anti-mask aunt wasn't about to let the baby shower be ruined and decided to hold it at the barn.

Found out last night my sisters pregnant friend had cold chills and lost her taste and smell earlier this week. She got tested and found out this morning she was positive for covid. Time will tell if other people from the baby shower get sick.

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

On way out of mini market I told guy in line wear a fucking mask. 

My aunt apparently got thrown out of wegmans and costco for not wearing a mask and made a scene each time. Glad we have different last names. She was never like this and we don't know what happened. 

3 minutes ago, skifreak said:

My aunt apparently got thrown out of wegmans and costco for not wearing a mask and made a scene each time. Glad we have different last names. She was never like this and we don't know what happened. 

I think a lot of people are getting weird because due to the pandemic we're doing fewer activities and consuming way too much content online and on TV.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, skifreak said:

Wow just wow. Your aunt is a real asshole. At least at wegmans and Costco employees have the balls to say something. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tarponhead said:

While I applaud your actions you should probably stop doing that because it will eventually lead you to becoming the subject of a favorite interwebs video that tp4 enjoys watching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good ole internet fuckery haha. Even I think the anti maskers are douche bags lol.  I wear a mask in drive thru’s not for myself, but out of respect for the workers. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

While I applaud your actions you should probably stop doing that because it will eventually lead you to becoming the subject of a favorite interwebs video that tp4 enjoys watching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guy said fuck you and stared me down as I walked back to my car.  Yeah I can’t do it all the time but it felt amazing. 

Just now, theprogram4 said:

Good ole internet fuckery haha. Even I think the anti maskers are douche bags lol.  I wear a mask in drive thru’s not for myself, but out of respect for the workers. 

Same!!!  Curbside as well. That’s why I find restaurant dining(indoor or outdoor) during this weird cause the servers wear masks and patrons do not except for a few west end bars that will remain un named.  

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Same!!!  Curbside as well. That’s why I find restaurant dining(indoor or outdoor) during this weird cause the servers wear masks and patrons do not except for a few west end bars that will remain un named.  

I've done restaurant dining a bunch of times and at first I was uncomfortable with the fact that I didn't want the servers to think I thought of them as "disposable people" because I'm sitting there with no mask on and they are wearing one for protection.  Extra nice tip, plus the fact that they are working instead of out of a job made me stop feeling bad.  

What's up with people wearing masks alone in cars, though?  I've noticed it a lot lately and while what other people do is none of my business I am genuinely curious about it.  Do they just forget to take it off, is it some kind of virtue signaling, or is there a real benefit to doing it that I should know about?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yes it happened Ben..you don’t know me that well..not the first time I’ve stuck my head in the lions cage. 

fair enough, just be sure to get the cctv footage when you say it to the wrong person.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NMSKI said:

I've done restaurant dining a bunch of times and at first I was uncomfortable with the fact that I didn't want the servers to think I thought of them as "disposable people" because I'm sitting there with no mask on and they are wearing one for protection.  Extra nice tip, plus the fact that they are working instead of out of a job made me stop feeling bad.  

What's up with people wearing masks alone in cars, though?  I've noticed it a lot lately and while what other people do is none of my business I am genuinely curious about it.  Do they just forget to take it off, is it some kind of virtue signaling, or is there a real benefit to doing it that I should know about?

I think some just put their mask on when they leave the house and keep it on until they are finished with their errands.  @C1erArtwas talking about how he did that.  Seems like more of a boomer thing.  I’ve noticed that a lot more lately as well.  I only wear mask while driving when the delivery driver is with me which has been a total of four times when he needed to get truck serviced.  

6 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

They could be in company cars. Whenever I’m in a car for work I have to wear a mask

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

It helps in case you sneeze while driving, then the next person who uses the car won’t get Covid when they lick the steering wheel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I wore a mask while driving alone the other day. I was actually really happy to have it. I was at the dentist and left with a numb mouth and as wearing a nice white dress shirt so I popped on the mask to avoid any potential stain inducing spittle. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, enjoralas said:

If God didn’t want us to taste steering wheels, he wouldn’t have shaped them like donuts.

I assumed it had something to do with the remnants of some amazing meal you had cooked that got on the wheel and would be a shame to waste. 

6 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

i have gotten in my own truck wearing a mask, kinda realized it like halfway home, or been outside totally alone wearing a mask, so, apparently i have gotten used to wearing one.  

Now that it's chilly outside it is kind of nice to wear a mask.

• Like 1