Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

16 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

It was circa 2006 so my order of events may be off:

1. Doug’s posting style rubbed a lot of people the wrong way on TGR.

2. Eventually this posting style led to a giant flame war where TGR members were legit harassing his family members in real life.

3. TGR members invaded PASR and spammed the shit out of the board.  I believe mods had to stop new membership for that night and delete new accounts.

4. 15 year old chippy went on TGR to defend Doug and got destroyed to the point I felt bad for him.  Grown adults were posting pics off his MySpace smh

5. TGR member JLaw witnessed these events and joined PASR

I thought they’d be impressed on TGR by my bronze medal in Nastar.  TGR has mellowed out a lot since then. Back then there were lots of skids on there.  Now it’s mostly middle aged dentists and peeps who have migrated over from epicski and Alpinzone and Pugski. You know i also got banned from the ski Vermont discussion list and Paula’s ski lovers.  I’m a fucking badass.  The reason I was banned from alpinezone was the dumbest reason ever. They were just looking to get rid of me because they’re a bunch of  haters 

oh yeah that one guy on TGR said he wanted to fuck my sister in the ass. What a weirdo although I once saw a shirt that said ass is the new vagina..WTF...exit only..it’s a stinkhole 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

20 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

It was circa 2006 so my order of events may be off:

1. Doug’s posting style rubbed a lot of people the wrong way on TGR.

2. Eventually this posting style led to a giant flame war where TGR members were legit harassing his family members in real life.

3. TGR members invaded PASR and spammed the shit out of the board.  I believe mods had to stop new membership for that night and delete new accounts.

4. 15 year old chippy went on TGR to defend Doug and got destroyed to the point I felt bad for him.  Grown adults were posting pics off his MySpace smh

5. TGR member JLaw witnessed these events and joined PASR

The only good thing to come out of that (other than the laughs) was getting King Law to be a part of our crew. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What about haircuts?  I still have to figure out some sort of two layer gaitor for ski season that is easy to pull up and down but snug around my nose.  There’s a thread in the Teton gravity forums on Covid masks for skiing since a mask like you usually use skiing won’t cut it. 

I get crew cuts so I dont have to go to the hair cut place very often.

Texas and California has 19,000 and 18,000 new cases today respectively. They are big ass populous states. Boys and girls look like nationwide numbers are gonna be a record today.  As the doubters on Facebook would say,”how is that possible if everybody is wearing a mask”...over 200,000 cases today and approaching 3,000 new deaths.

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Texas and California has 19,000 and 18,000 new cases today respectively. They are big ass populous states. Boys and girls look like nationwide numbers are gonna be a record today.  As the doubters on Facebook would say,”how is that possible if everybody is wearing a mask”...over 200,000 cases today and approaching 3,000 new deaths.

its fucking wild that this is going on still. I was told that this would be gone after the election.

10 hours ago, skifreak said:

My sister came up from FL to go to her best friends baby shower the weekend before Thanksgiving. My mother tried talking her out of it for months to no avail. My mom refused to go and called the girls mom to tell her why and said if it was her daughter she wouldn't have a shower right now.

The place they were going to have it at cancelled months ago because of covid. My aunt and uncle are converting a barn into a wedding venue in where else but New Tripoli. My anti-mask aunt wasn't about to let the baby shower be ruined and decided to hold it at the barn.

Found out last night my sisters pregnant friend had cold chills and lost her taste and smell earlier this week. She got tested and found out this morning she was positive for covid. Time will tell if other people from the baby shower get sick.

Fucking hell.  I bet 25%  of the attendees are positive.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Covid won’t keep local skiing closed.  Nearly everything else is open. 

Kind of unrelated, but I wonder what effect Vermont's restrictions will have on skiing there? I know the locals will be thrilled about the lack of flatlanders, but the resorts are going to lose lots of revenue from out of state skiers who wont deal with the Rules.

13 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Kind of unrelated, but I wonder what effect Vermont's restrictions will have on skiing there? I know the locals will be thrilled about the lack of flatlanders, but the resorts are going to lose lots of revenue from out of state skiers who wont deal with the Rules.

They are going to see a lot less people and the same for many Rocky Mountain resorts even with less or no restrictions as people aren’t traveling as much.  Also there will be a labor shortage at many of the destination resorts as they rely on foreign workers.  Also as Covid sweeps through employee housing and ski patrol and what not major labor shortages. Not good.  I can see some Vermont resorts and places elsewhere limiting snowmaking and lift operations to cut costs.   Expect some ski town hotels and restaurants to go out of business as well 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Sad 1

I think you guys are forgetting the thousands of people who will eschew the rules to go ski vermont rather than get on an airplane. Boston folks won't be canceling their trips. They might not do as much apres ski in the lodges or restaurants but they will probably still make the trek in their own cars. 

18 minutes ago, Schif said:

I think you guys are forgetting the thousands of people who will eschew the rules to go ski vermont rather than get on an airplane. Boston folks won't be canceling their trips. They might not do as much apres ski in the lodges or restaurants but they will probably still make the trek in their own cars. 

There will still be a lot less people in Vermont due to restrictions. 

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I was mostly wondering whether VT might will loosen their restrictions for ski season since the ski industry is such a large part of their economy.

I doubt it.  They are trying to keep the oy Vey Covey out of their state.  In California there’s a new law that walk up lift ticket sales will not be allowed. Reservations only.  That is gonna sting for the ski resorts.