Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

I think better data point(s) to track are ICU capacity etc. That will determine what the gov does policy wise rather than surrogate data. If pennsy can handle 10k+/day (or whatever #) then all good. If that # maxes health care capacity than that’s what will drive policy in regard to what business are allowed to operate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

I think better data point(s) to track are ICU capacity etc. That will determine what the gov does policy wise rather than surrogate data. If pennsy can handle 10k+/day (or whatever #) then all good. If that # maxes health care capacity than that’s what will drive policy in regard to what business are allowed to operate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is accurate. If beds aren't available because of COVID, then that takes away beds from other medical emergencies. But yeah, 10k cases a day is not sustainable for healthcare. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AtomicSkier said:

I remember when we went back over 500 cases in a day and were all "we're fucked".  we're proper  fucked now.

I remember when I went to the bars on the Fourth of July and outdoor drank and dined and when I had to piss I went in the alley because I didn’t want to go inside with a mask on amoung unmasked people.  We are fuckity fucked..like face down ass up fucked..

22 minutes ago, Barb said:

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/12/03/covid-aspen-pitkin-county-coronavirus-negative-test/

Aspen will start requiring proof of a negative Covid test within 72 hours of traveling starting 12/14. 

These policies are just theatre.  They can’t “require” anything, as noted in the article.  “Self certification” 😂

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My business will be really busy in 2021..

This is the death distribution by age for PA. Not good by any means but would this really show an uptick in business for you? Or would a decent number of these people be dying anyway? 

image.png.26ef81775059a2566508e5c1c9bfb5f1.png

Deaths per day is way up though. Hopefully this stabilizes

image.png.f73f09faf0c0d087a8da819ebc81941e.png

12 minutes ago, Schif said:

This is the death distribution by age for PA. Not good by any means but would this really show an uptick in business for you? Or would a decent number of these people be dying anyway? 

image.png.26ef81775059a2566508e5c1c9bfb5f1.png

Deaths per day is way up though. Hopefully this stabilizes

image.png.f73f09faf0c0d087a8da819ebc81941e.png

The funeral homes we work with primarily in PA and NJ have done more funerals than ever this year.  Sure an 87 year old who died of Covid in 2020 would likely die in a few years anyway.  We are just getting the business earlier.  Deaths nationwide are about 10% more than in an average year due to Covid-19 but higher in the region I work in.  Early in the pandemic funeral homes were so busy they weren’t even writing orders and since summer it’s been insane. November is typically a pretty slow month for us and we beat last years November by about 80% and December is off to a healthy start.  I’d rather have normalcy..but also happy that me and my employees are getting nice bonuses next week. 

Deaths per day in PA and the US will keep increasing for likely a few months..deaths lag new cases by about 3-4+ weeks. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The funeral homes we work with primarily in PA and NJ have done more funerals than ever this year.  Sure an 87 year old who died of Covid in 2020 would likely die in a few years anyway.  We are just getting the business earlier.  Deaths nationwide are about 10% more than in an average year due to Covid-19 but higher in the region I work in.  Early in the pandemic funeral homes were so busy they weren’t even writing orders and since summer it’s been insane. November is typically a pretty slow month for us and we beat last years November by about 80% and December is off to a healthy start.  I’d rather have normalcy..but also happy that me and my employees are getting nice bonuses next week. 

Deaths per day in PA and the US will keep increasing for likely a few months..deaths lag new cases by about 3-4+ weeks. 

Now this is the kind of first hand information you can only get on PASR folks. Thanks for that. It's actually quite informative. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Schif said:

Now this is the kind of first hand information you can only get on PASR folks. Thanks for that. It's actually quite informative. 

No problem, I like talking about work way better than actually working. I have sold quite a few tombstones from the hotel house this year. A shame I don’t have a credit card reader here. 

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No problem, I like talking about work way better than actually working. I have sold quite a few tombstones from the hotel house this year. A shame I don’t have a credit card reader here. 

You should set it up so that you can take it over the phone and enter it online.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

You should set it up so that you can take it over the phone and enter it online.  

What kind of services allow you to do this? I'm pretty naïve about how credit card payments actually get processed, especially for a small business.