Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

9 hours ago, Justo8484 said:

Why go in at all if you have that option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be unpopular opinion but before my office closed permanently I was one of the people wanting to go back in a few days a week when safe. For me it was more along the lines of switching things up. Being in my house for 22 hours of the day is starting to get old. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Might be unpopular opinion but before my office closed permanently I was one of the people wanting to go back in a few days a week when safe. For me it was more along the lines of switching things up. Being in my house for 22 hours of the day is starting to get old. 

Start running at lunch.

• Like 2

Just now, Shadows said:

Start running at lunch.

I usually take the dog for a walk around town at lunch as well as after work. I should start running though, especially since it looks like men’s league hockey isn’t going to start back up anytime soon. 

32 minutes ago, Kyle said:

This would make me nuts.  i have figured out that i like going to work.  Still sometimes not super crazy about my job, but going to work is nice.  Its funny, i look forward to the end of the work week, but sometimes around sunday afternoon i start to get a little bored, and looking forward to work again monday morning.  The introduction of skiing this weekend will be a welcome distraction from everything else.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Justo8484 said:

Why go in at all if you have that option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to go in a few days a week for payroll and paper work.  And our business requires client interaction at both their homes and our showroom.    And we're a paper-intensive business, so setting up at home meant bringing a lot of files to my basement.

After things improved and we got very busy again, I just moved everything back tot he showroom and have been in 90% of the days.

So I'll have to come up with a plan to bring what I need home again etc....

Just a bit of a hassle to work out of two desks.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tnt said:

I have to go in a few days a week for payroll and paper work.  And our business requires client interaction at both their homes and our showroom.    And we're a paper-intensive business, so setting up at home meant bringing a lot of files to my basement.

After things improved and we got very busy again, I just moved everything back tot he showroom and have been in 90% of the days.

So I'll have to come up with a plan to bring what I need home again etc....

Just a bit of a hassle to work out of two desks.

What kind of work do you do?  

6 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

This would make me nuts.  i have figured out that i like going to work.  Still sometimes not super crazy about my job, but going to work is nice.  Its funny, i look forward to the end of the work week, but sometimes around sunday afternoon i start to get a little bored, and looking forward to work again monday morning.  The introduction of skiing this weekend will be a welcome distraction from everything else.  

You can be my ops manager. 

25 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Must be nice to have access to routine testing!

If you asked me in April I would have thought we'd all be getting tested routinely and cheaply by now.  Only the politicians and athletes lives are worth it I guess.  

8 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Must be nice to have access to routine testing!

If you asked me in April I would have thought we'd all be getting tested routinely and cheaply by now.  Only the politicians and athletes lives are worth it I guess.  

Not after how fucked up the whole thing was managed. I'm still re-using N95 masks in the hospital. Can't even get masks to everyone you think they will get testing? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Not after how fucked up the whole thing was managed. I'm still re-using N95 masks in the hospital. Can't even get masks to everyone you think they will get testing? 

Honest question since you seem to know a lot about this stuff - why is PA next to last in testing?  I like to think of our good state as having its shit together for the most part, and I think Wolf has done okay in a shitty situation all things considered, but WTF only ahead of Puerto Rico?  Who shit the bed on testing? 

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/states-comparison

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

7 sirens brewing has decided to go against any governor Wolf mandates.  Wolf goes on mandates with Dr Levine hehehehe 

Bold move by 7 sirens.  That's gonna piss a lot of people off.  Kind of a bad look, but I'm not a small business owner so I'm not one to judge.  God help these people that are being put out of business by the pandemic.  

Edited by NMSKI

2 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Honest question since you seem to know a lot about this stuff - why is PA next to last in testing?  I like to think of our good state as having its shit together for the most part, and I think Wolf has done okay in a shitty situation all things considered, but WTF only ahead of Puerto Rico?  Who shit the bed on testing? 

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/states-comparison

My understanding is that they PADOH has been relying on contact tracing and positive symptoms before testing because that has been working. As opposed to other states that have been testing anybody who wants a test. I think that if they were more loose with testing, they would fall somewhere in the middle of the pack.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Saw that and won't be going there again. Went once and it was a fucking bro-fest. Picked up beer from Bonn today.

Well they post on Facebook and they said please if you have negative comments please message us privately...no you can’t post something controversial and expect everybody to agree with you and blow smoke up your ass.