Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

10 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Looking like $600 stimulus checks coming in next relief package 

Big flip in comparison to other countries that paid people/businesses to stay closed.
Just go look for videos of people waiting in their car in miles long lines for food.
The "news" mainstream media never shows you.

Few U.S. politicians give two shits about the people.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Big flip in comparison to other countries that paid people/businesses to stay closed.
Just go look for videos of people waiting in their car in miles long lines for food.

Yup and I’ll get the $600 if it goes through just like the $1200 in the spring and I don’t even need it. 

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

I saw it on the news. There were huge lines in Texas and a bunch of other states. I guess it depends what news you look at. But any opportunity to take a jab at the media, right? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, indiggio said:

I've actually seen more than a few videos of long lines of people at drive up food banks and I don't watch cable "news". I saw it for real when I went to drop off a donation to the local food bank last Thursday night. I didn't know it was also a pick-up time. There were a lot of cars in line for food a few minutes before they even opened. It encourages me to make another donation tonight.

The $600 is just pandering for votes in the upcoming Senate election. Like most people on this forum, I don't need it. Nor does most of the population. They should give it to the restaurants and other businesses and people who are actually hurting. A large majority of people getting the $600 are just going to stick it in the bank. I'll spend it on businesses hurting and I encourage anyone else who doesn't need it to do the same.

• Like 4

Hundreds upon hundreds of PA restaurants are staying open for indoor dining despite Governor Wolfs orders. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong just following along on what’s occurring. Before indoor dining followed strict protocols with mask use required for employees and customers moving around and limited capacity and now it’s the Wild Wild West.  Here’s the Shanty on 19th Friday night they had a band and everything. 

9FCAE215-54B8-4A77-A8B0-997103099881.png

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hundreds upon hundreds of PA restaurants are staying open for indoor dining despite Governor Wolfs orders. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong just following along on what’s occurring. Before indoor dining followed strict protocols with mask use required for employees and customers moving around and limited capacity and now it’s the Wild Wild West.  Here’s the Shanty on 19th Friday night they had a band and everything. 

9FCAE215-54B8-4A77-A8B0-997103099881.png

It’s gotta be frustrating as a restaurant owner/worker/etc to go to giant or acme or Walmart and see them absolutely jam fucking packed while simultaneously being told your place of business can’t open unless it’s take out. 

Walmart/grocery stores don’t seem to be limiting the number of people going in/out 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kyle said:

It’s gotta be frustrating as a restaurant owner/worker/etc to go to giant or acme or Walmart and see them absolutely jam fucking packed while simultaneously being told your place of business can’t open unless it’s take out. 

Walmart/grocery stores don’t seem to be limiting the number of people going in/out 

They wear masks there. You don't in a restaurant. That is the difference. I'm not sure why people struggle to make that connection. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

They wear masks there. You don't in a restaurant. That is the difference. I'm not sure why people struggle to make that connection. 

I can make that connection, but I find it hard to believe that 300 people in a Walmart picking things up and putting them back, etc etc etc is any less dangerous than a restaurant at 30% capacity. 

90 percent of the people I see in Walmart or the grocery stores (employees included) don’t even have the mask pulled up above their nose. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Don't go in Walmart? I haven't been in walmart in years. 

#TeamTarget and targets are limiting the number of customers so there are long lines at some of them just to get into the store.  

Anyway the restaurants face a difficult dilemma..either follow the governors orders and go out of business and layoff employees or go against the governors mandates.  

15 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

#TeamTarget and targets are limiting the number of customers so there are long lines at some of them just to get into the store.  

Anyway the restaurants face a difficult dilemma..either follow the governors orders and go out of business and layoff employees or go against the governors mandates.  

Target is a great place to find single moms 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Target is a great place to find single moms 

The male female ratio at the Pizza Hut express in Target is like 1:8..the allentown issues group on Facebook also a good place to meet single moms. The girl I’ve had some fun with I met there.  

The pickup line I want to use at the Pizza Hut express inside Target is,”I see you like Pizza Hut, do you want to go to a real Pizza Hut sometime”

• Confused 1

Seen a lot of post on FB today, stupid crowded resorts, less than good compliance on mandates, etc.  Not gonna post pictures as to get @mbike-skiall worked up, but most of the resorts in question, ownership rhymed with "Bail".  

Hopefully, negligence from other other resorts in states that rhyme with "Stew Dork, and Lamont" dont attract the attention needed from whoever to impose even more regs on skiing.  Again, i really like having this little bit of almost something normal in my life right now.  

I will give credit where credit is due always, and i think other than the Thursday deal, Blue has done a good job with all of this.  I feel like they have been the resort in PA that has had it together since the get go.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1