Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

22 minutes ago, pcklein31 said:

Now I've never had a Flu Shot before, so this is likely typical, but I will say that the shoulder I received the shot in was very sore last night.  Sore enough where I could not sleep on that side..  otherwise feel fine here

Son got his and has the same pain in the arm, otherwise good.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, pcklein31 said:

Now I've never had a Flu Shot before, so this is likely typical, but I will say that the shoulder I received the shot in was very sore last night.  Sore enough where I could not sleep on that side..  otherwise feel fine here

For some reason, I thought healthcare professionals were required to get a flu shot...I guess it depends where you work.  I’ve never had a flu shot.  The last shot I had was probably when I was like 22 and had a Lyme disease tick bite. 

2 hours ago, pcklein31 said:

I've had influenza vaccines that have hurt more than this. No issues here other than some minor soreness. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

For some reason, I thought healthcare professionals were required to get a flu shot...I guess it depends where you work.  I’ve never had a flu shot.  The last shot I had was probably when I was like 22 and had a Lyme disease tick bite. 

We never were required, but strongly encouraged as there are certain accreditations tracking the percentage of employees that get flu shot.  I think the accreditations are currently giving to year x to get to a x percentage.

56 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Appears there was an incident at solitude. From what I'm reading a customer wasn't happy about having to wear a mask.

SmartSelect_20210110-172315_Twitter.jpg

I’d have to assume this took place inside a lodge or something? I mean for fucks sake, 90% of the time people ski, their face and mouth is covered by some type of covering. Why is it now that big of an issue for people to wear one? 

Edited by Kyle
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

I’d have to assume this took place inside a lodge or something? I mean for fucks sake, 90% of the time people ski, their face and mouth is covered by some type of covering. Why is it now that big of an issue for people to wear one? 

Under normal non-Covid times most people’s nose and mouths are not covered while skiing and riding..at least here in MASH mid Atlantic ski Hell.  So many regular season passholders continue to be Richards.  Deep in the liftline things are shoulder to shoulder so wear a mask..in the parking lot so what you want. 

29 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Hunter liftees were rigorously enforcing masks today.  If your nose was showing, you got called out.

I did the,”excuse me, can you tell your friend to pull his mask up” in the liftline today.  I forgot the really tall guys name, Joan’s husband and Alex’s dad but I’m gonna start calling him out everytime.  He totally doesn’t give a fuck.  

• Thanks 1

Getting my second shot Tuesday morning, then going directly to Blue. 1st one didn’t hurt at all getting the shot. My arm was a little sore the next day, but no big deal. I’m hoping I don’t feel crappy Wednesday, since I’m planning on skiing again. A little Motrin and wine and I’ll be fine 👍👍

• Like 7
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Appears there was an incident at solitude. From what I'm reading a customer wasn't happy about having to wear a mask.

SmartSelect_20210110-172315_Twitter.jpg

weird. There’s always one or two crazy people in the bunch. Remember when Cookie Monster got beat up at Sesame Place

When I’ve been to Solitude this season, everyone seemed cool and compliant. The biggest pain at Solitude is the $20 parking or parking on the main cottonwood canyon road.  

i was at Solitude on Friday with @Schif. We were planning to go on Saturday but changed plans last minutes. Too bad we missed the hoopla first hand.

at solitude, when you arrive, there’s some ropes and signs if you want to go inside. There were 2 people outside asking what you’re going inside for (bathroom, rental, lost & found, etc). They required a mask (not just a gator) but they had extra masks if you needed one. There was a door for entry and a separate one for exit. Different parts of the building were closed off and you could only enter through specified doors. 

7 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

Getting my second shot Tuesday morning, then going directly to Blue. 1st one didn’t hurt at all getting the shot. My arm was a little sore the next day, but no big deal. I’m hoping I don’t feel crappy Wednesday, since I’m planning on skiing again. A little Motrin and wine and I’ll be fine 👍👍

Pfizer or Moderna?

Wife's cohort got second Pfizer and reported lots of nausea, fatigue, armpit (probably lymph node) swelling and soreness, just for reference.  Not saying it'll happen, but just alerting to the possibilities.

Good luck.  Stay healthy!

Edited by indiggio

As we had discussed on the lift that Blue really had their shit together this year, they fall short in this area.  They need to enforce this better.  

Saturday night was a shit show. Lines going back to almost valley dogs (wtf happened to the Waffle Haus btw!) Id say a good 20 to 30 percent with no face covering.
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, indiggio said:

Pfizer or Moderna?

Wife's cohort got second Pfizer and reported lots of nausea, fatigue, armpit (probably lymph node) swelling and soreness, just for reference.  Not saying it'll happen, but just alerting to the possibilities.

Good luck.  Stay healthy!

Pfizer. I’ve heard several people say they didn’t feel well after 2nd. I have my Motrin and have some Zofran if needed. It’s better than getting COVID. If I don’t feel something I’ll be thinking my I’ll be one of the 5% that doesn’t develop immunity 😷😫

• Like 1
  • Sad 1