Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

13 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

School district just sent this... gonna see if I can register

Additionally, our health care Sponsor Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) is preparing a vaccination distribution for Carbon County.  To register for the COVID19 Vaccine, please download their app and register at mylvhn.org to set up your account.
We’re committed to sharing the latest information about COVID-19 vaccination with the people of our community. The following message will be shared with our community today. You can do your part by encouraging family and friends to sign up for MyLVHN if they do not already have an account. You also can assure people that COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective. Thank you for your partnership and for doing your part.  

Interesting that the registration process is being handled by a private entity. I have zero practical experience with LVHN, it just seems odd to me that they're not handling registration at the state level. I registered a week or so ago, and it was through the state's dept of health website. 

7 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Maybe you'll get a season pass one day!

Maybe, but I invested the stimulus money instead. 

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It’s the $600 plus $1400 to equal the $2,000 the Dems and Trump wanted 

It was sarcasm. It’s a shame it got shot down in the first place, but will likely pass now. 

1 hour ago, momskeeztoo said:

Was at Blue past 3 days. A few of the lifties consistently calling people out for not wearing masks. 

I saw a guy not wearing any mask at all (not half mask, not turtle neck, nothing at all) getting all the way to the chair. Attendant told him to put the mask on, the guy says "yeah, yeah", makes a lazy attempt to reach into his pocket while advancing to the red line, then puts half retrieved mask back and gets ready to board. Attendant doesn't say anything else, for he did what he was instructed to do, the guy also reached the mask-free zone, so that could be the end of it.

But then the lift stops.

Attendant doesn't say a word, the lift doesn't move, the guys is still on his feet and is starting to get nervous. Awkwardly reaches back into his pocket, pulls out the dirtiest ever blue medical mask, puts it on, looks at the attendant, but he just shrugs for the stop turned out to be totally unrelated.

Eventually the lift starts moving again, the guy lands his ass on the chair, departs and immediately shoves the mask back into his pocket.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, eaf said:

I saw a guy not wearing any mask at all (not half mask, not turtle neck, nothing at all) getting all the way to the chair. Attendant told him to put the mask on, the guy says "yeah, yeah", makes a lazy attempt to reach into his pocket while advancing to the red line, then puts half retrieved mask back and gets ready to board. Attendant doesn't say anything else, for he did what he was instructed to do, the guy also reached the mask-free zone, so that could be the end of it.

But then the lift stops.

Attendant doesn't say a word, the lift doesn't move, the guys is still on his feet and is starting to get nervous. Awkwardly reaches back into his pocket, pulls out the dirtiest ever blue medical mask, puts it on, looks at the attendant, but he just shrugs for the stop turned out to be totally unrelated.

Eventually the lift starts moving again, the guy lands his ass on the chair, departs and immediately shoves the mask back into his pocket.

Some people just really hate masks..they call them muzzles.  I’ve seen people leave grocery stores violently rip their mask off the second they are out the door. 

2 hours ago, eaf said:

But then the lift stops.

... 100x better that the experience last night with not one, but two patrollers regarding non-maskers, SMH.

will elaborate when I have  some time

• Boner City 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, eaf said:

But then the lift stops.

Stopping the lift for people NOT wearing a mask would be a nice, awkward punishment for those that choose not to wear one.

• Like 4

I can’t do wait to call people out this weekend including Joan’s husband who absolutely refuses to cover his nose.  When I told him before he said shut up Dougie.  I do like the,”excuse me can you ask your friend to pull his mask up”

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2