Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

19 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

This is a nice interactive of vaccination rates per state: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/covid-19-vaccine-doses.html

As of yesterday, 8.9% of PA has received the vaccine and 2.7% have received both doses. Data are a bit behind, but it is usually updated. 

Seems about right. Mike Schlossberg was saying we just hit 10% for first doses. 

Riddle me this...

One of my guys tested positive so he's been out for 2 weeks. Told him he can't come back till he's negative. So he's out for 2 weeks and goes to get tested. The doc said he doesn't need to get tested and is cleared for work. Doc said even if he tests positive again he can't pass it on. What? I tell him fuck that go get tested. 

So then he goes to schedule a test and is turned down by 3 places saying he already tested positive and won't test him again.

He finally found someone to test him but wtf.

12 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Riddle me this...

One of my guys tested positive so he's been out for 2 weeks. Told him he can't come back till he's negative. So he's out for 2 weeks and goes to get tested. The doc said he doesn't need to get tested and is cleared for work. Doc said even if he tests positive again he can't pass it on. What? I tell him fuck that go get tested. 

So then he goes to schedule a test and is turned down by 3 places saying he already tested positive and won't test him again.

Ten days after the first symptoms he’s good to go back to work. Used to be 14 days but they scaled it back to ten days.  I don’t think most people get tested further to see if they’re negative.  People shed virus the most when they are presymtomatic and the first few days of symptoms. Just my inflation adjusted two cents. 

They do rapid 15 minute tests at the Lehigh valley airport for I believe $89 or so.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Riddle me this...

Yeah, new guidelines. I’m sure [mention]toast21602 [/mention]has the specifics but I believe they think the transmission period is only a couple days before symptoms and a couple days after. 10 days from last symptoms is usually back to work no test.
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Shadows said:

We operate with better than minimum standards. 

That’s your choosing...just saying what I know from following the largest news story of our lifetime for the last 11 months. My friend got Covid bad..her baby dad and kid didn’t get it and they live in the same household..but maybe they had it and no symptoms as they were not tested and kid was sent to school.  Shit is bananas.  I think teachers should be in group 1A especially since like 2/3 of them are back in the classroom to some extent. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Yea I don't get how that's a thing. No testing and going back to work lol. We done fucked up.

Like 2/3 of people with Covid don’t even know they have it.  Way more people I know who’ve had Covid have had mild cases than severe cases.  What pisses me off is my friend who has a weakened immune system was asking me for prayers like Thursday..Friday I asked how she was and she said she felt like shit..Saturday I asked and she said like shit..Sunday I asked and she said WTF are you keeping a journal and Monday she felt fine and then downplayed it saying the media hypes it up...shit is rediculous.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Just now, C1erArt said:

That would really freak people out.

I wouldn’t really do that..but I have a sick and twisted sense of humour. The entire time in line I chatted with the lady in front of me...she said she was pretty nervous and when we got near the front she said it was a pleasure chatting with me and I said,”likewise”...was a little like this scene from Beavis and butthead do America and she was planning on doing some sluts..I mean slots. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I wouldn’t really do that..but I have a sick and twisted sense of humour. The entire time in line I chatted with the lady in front of me...she said she was pretty nervous and when we got near the front she said it was a pleasure chatting with me and I said,”likewise”...was a little like this scene from Beavis and butthead do America and she was planning on doing some sluts..I mean slots. 

“It’s nice to meet young men who are so well mannered.”

me,  @PSUFly and I think you we’re discussing this movie in the lot.  Absolute classic that is still hilarious as an adult

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

“It’s nice to meet young men who are so well mannered.”

me,  @PSUFly and I think you we’re discussing this movie in the lot.  Absolute classic that is still hilarious as an adult

I could watch that scene like it was the Nelly and Tim McGraw song..over and over again.