Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

28 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I think Nastar Glen is far more paranoid about catching COVID.

Yeah well his wife is immunocompromised.  Everybody has the right to protect themselves as much or as little as they see fit. My dads friend had really bad Covid he and his friends all got it at an open mic night at a bar.  He was in the hospital and on oxygen..70 years old.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Think flu shot as in every year and rejiggered yearly to anticipate different strains. Part of life until we die

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve never had a flu shot before. Tarpon are you gonna be at Blue this weekend?  I haven’t seen you in awhile

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

The interesting thing is some are desperate to go back to normal whatever that means and I don't think people are generally aware how much a large % will push back because they like this life style better. 

I'm not talking just about remote work but alot of people don't want to ever leave their house and do shit and rona made them a hero. There is going to be alot of people that are going to have a hard time reintegrating into society. Ultimately though the humans as islands would fail, there is a reason why things were a certain way. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

The interesting thing is some are desperate to go back to normal whatever that means and I don't think people are generally aware how much a large % will push back because they like this life style better. 

I'm not talking just about remote work but alot of people don't want to ever leave their house and do shit and rona made them a hero. There is going to be alot of people that are going to have a hard time reintegrating into society. Ultimately though the humans as islands would fail, there is a reason why things were a certain way. 

Reminds me of this song..and you are correct..a lot of people are loving hermit Lyfe and wearing the same sweatpants for a year straight.  I have the Jimmy legs. Even during the stay at home early pandemic period I did errands everyday.  Now I even let girls kiss me if they’re good looking or at least young.  

14 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

As a stark and shitty reminder that this shit ain't over, my brother tested positive (I haven't seen him in a few months). Some symptoms but otherwise ok. Hes not sure how he got it.

Hope he recovers quickly.  Bummer news.

• Thanks 1

Sorry about your brother, I hope he's better asap +++++++++
I scored an appointment on the 5th, gotta go to Towanda but I'm so stoked I'd drive pretty much anywhere.

Thanks man. Checked on him this morning. He's feeling pretty shitty. He should be ok in another day or 2. Says he feels like he has the flu.

3 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Why don't you start planning now? Just because you have your second dose doesn't change planning.

Cause I don’t feel like paying for stuff yet and also I don’t wanna miss Blues closing and knock on wood I think it’s gonna be a late one. 

24 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

And we’re going back 5 days in person. 3 feet is apparently the new safe social distance in schools.

Wow just wow and my friend who teaches in Philly SD likely won’t go back till the fall at the earliest. Do you have to yell at kids for not properly wearing masks?

11 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

This year is a wash. It's almost March. Watch us mess this up now.

We’re gonna get to herd immunity by summer unless one of the other variants takes over.  What makes me nervous is if we have another pandemic in the next few years, people are gonna lose their shit.  Americans are very optimistic right now, Biden has a 60%+ approval rating.