Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow just wow...and my parents were in a similar boat to yours.  My dad drove an hour and a half for his last Friday and my mom I think has hers today. In Virginia it’s still strictly olds and front line workers..fats and smokes can’t get them there yet.  

At my appointment last week all they asked me was my name at two different spots and somebody asked me what county I live in.  Apparently a lot of people from New York were getting vaccinated at the Bethlehem site. They didn’t even ask to see my ID

I was able to sign up at Delco and Chesco, being as living in one, and working in the other. Have a few other random sign ups with pharmacies and what not. Not holding my breath waiting for any of these to come through real soon, but who knows. 
i give @toast21602 a bunch of grief about not bringing a few rounds for his buddies on a random saturday, but i get it. The overall good is that people are being vaccinated. My world won't change that much at this point if j got vaccinated today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

@enjoralasit looks like Bethlum health bureau has canceled for tomorrow. 

Good lookin out, thanks. Checked my email and they told everyone to come back Friday. I’ll play tomorrow by ear, if snow is bad I’ll excercise my leave at noon option. Either way I’ll be putting in for afternoon off Friday to make my appointment.

Probably opens up some availability Friday though. Wonder how they figure that out, since no one has to reconfirm?

5 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

It’s racism on the part of Democrats and the teachers union to keep urban, minority districts closed while their wealthy white kids go to school.  The last thing those underperforming districts need is less school, and instead the teachers union is purposely keeping at risk youth out of schools.  Less privledged kids get left behind to promote a political agenda smh

Again, correlation does not necessarily equal causation. The cognitive dissonance is impressive, though.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Good lookin out, thanks. Checked my email and they told everyone to come back Friday. I’ll play tomorrow by ear, if snow is bad I’ll excercise my leave at noon option. Either way I’ll be putting in for afternoon off Friday to make my appointment.

Probably opens up some availability Friday though. Wonder how they figure that out, since no one has to reconfirm?

Just be prepared for a long line..but the line moves fast and if old ladies are your thing, you’ll be in heaven.  I can’t wait for my second shot in 3 weeks.  

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Lack of supply has forced the Allentown health bureau to cancel vaccine shots for the rest of the week.  I feel for those people mostly seniors who were anticipating getting vaccines this week.  

My mom got one sched a month ago at geisinger for tomorrow in Pittston (2hr drive but she's doing whatever it takes).
Kept looking and got one for my mom in PHL above suburban stn. I didn't realize PHL was 75+, so they called the day before and cancelled it.
Got one at local rite aid for the 26th. 
Checked again and got one for the 19th instead. Got there and it was cancelled without notice because of supply chain issues.
Saturday, all geisinger appts incl tomorrow were cancelled and rescheduled in 30 days.
Still has the appt for the 26th but right now she is 0/3...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, rummy said:

Talked to a friend from Malvern (really) who was headed to Towanda to get his first  shot today....

I was just checking the rite aid scheduler. There’s an 11am appointment near Erie (Conneaut PA 16316) if anyone wants to make the trek.

https://www.riteaid.com/pharmacy/apt-scheduler

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

In all seriousness if I were to schedule something in pa (I looked, saw some and thought long and hard) what excuse do I use? I don't smoke. I'm overweight but I don't know if I qualify as obese (or who knows...maybe I do)!

Just gain a little weight!  If its just a calculation you can put on muscle.  I've been lifting heavy and eating tons of protein and put on about 5 lbs of muscle.  I'm nearly obese, got about 2 lbs to go.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

In all seriousness if I were to schedule something in pa (I looked, saw some and thought long and hard) what excuse do I use? I don't smoke. I'm overweight but I don't know if I qualify as obese (or who knows...maybe I do)!

Use an online BMI calculator. It’s just a height to weight ratio for BMI, which is what they are using for qualification. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NMSKI said:

Just gain a little weight!  If its just a calculation you can put on muscle.  I've been lifting heavy and eating tons of protein and put on about 5 lbs of muscle.  I'm nearly obese, got about 2 lbs to go.  

just drink like a half gallon of water before your official weigh-in! that should put you over the top

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

just drink like a half gallon of water before your official weigh-in! that should put you over the top

You don’t get weighed in when you get vaccine shot and you don’t have to show them a pack of Newport’s.  It’s an honor system.  It’s gonna be quite a long time until younger folks without health issues can be vaccinated.  My Philly teacher friend finally got signed up for her first dose in a few weeks.  She could have signed up weeks ago back when I signed up but she felt wrong taking a dose away from somebody she felt needed it more.  

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You don’t get weighed in when you get vaccine shot and you don’t have to show them a pack of Newport’s.  It’s an honor system.  It’s gonna be quite a long time until younger folks without health issues can be vaccinated.  My Philly teacher friend finally got signed up for her first dose in a few weeks.  She could have signed up weeks ago back when I signed up but she felt wrong taking a dose away from somebody she felt needed it more.  

it was a joke... i know they're not sitting there with scales and calculating BMI on the fly if you claim you're overweight