Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

23 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Is it an MRNA vaccine like pfizer and moderna or something else since it’s only a single dose. 

I’ll be the first to admit I’m blind deaf and dumb when it comes to vaccines and how they work. I have absolutely no idea other than the obvious take vaccine, be protected against disease. 

Edit to the post above, 

not happening in March, too short of a turnaround to get employees apparently. 

I think the ticket guys are sort of jumping the gun here, which I get. Either way, when it happens I’ll be excited for it. 

Think they jumped the gun on the number allowed. 6abc just said 500 people not 5000 for indoor events. Also said that Wells Fargo arena has over 500 employees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, phillycore said:

Think they jumped the gun on the number allowed. 6abc just said 500 people not 5000 for indoor events. Also said that Wells Fargo arena has over 500 employees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, that’s exactly what happened. They asked for 5k, city said they would increase numbers, they increased to 500. 

20 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Is it an MRNA vaccine like pfizer and moderna or something else since it’s only a single dose. 

I’ll be the first to admit I’m blind deaf and dumb when it comes to vaccines and how they work. I have absolutely no idea other than the obvious take vaccine, be protected against disease. 

No, it’s a viral vector I believe? 

• Thanks 1

Guess the mountain from the review:

Don't go if you care about getting / spreading covid!! After paying 130 for lift tickets, you get the pleasure of paying 10 dollars to park and either get on the covid filled shuttle or hike for 2 miles. Then, you get to navigate an extremely crowded entrance where no one wears masks or maintains 6 feet. Next, you get to wait in a 45-60 minute lift line.... Every. Single. Lift. Super fun! But not only is it an hour lift line, NO ONE wears masks. There was not a single person enforcing masking wearing, to the point that I had to ask people standing directly next to me in that hour lift line to put a mask on (AND MANY REFUSED). We had to leave early we felt so unsafe. The place is a disgrace.

Guess the mountain from the review:
Don't go if you care about getting / spreading covid!! After paying 130 for lift tickets, you get the pleasure of paying 10 dollars to park and either get on the covid filled shuttle or hike for 2 miles. Then, you get to navigate an extremely crowded entrance where no one wears masks or maintains 6 feet. Next, you get to wait in a 45-60 minute lift line.... Every. Single. Lift. Super fun! But not only is it an hour lift line, NO ONE wears masks. There was not a single person enforcing masking wearing, to the point that I had to ask people standing directly next to me in that hour lift line to put a mask on (AND MANY REFUSED). We had to leave early we felt so unsafe. The place is a disgrace.

What's my prize if i guess? Camelback
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I discovered CB google reviews today ;) A much better read than FB.

Whoever wrote the above is probably hyperventilating now and is over exaggerating in every other sentence, but the general mood of other reviewers is about same.

Want to park closer? Pay $50 over $10. Or take the shuttle.

Came on a snow day to ski? Ah, chill in a single open lift line a little.

Wanna go tubing with a family? Half a grand for four runs down.

19 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Looking like a third stimulus of $1400 is gonna happen for those that made under $75k. If you made under $75k in 2019 but made more in 2020 you should hold off doing taxes.  I’m gonna get screwed I think. 

Maybe I’ll save this one for some new gear next year. Or do the responsible thing and pay down student loans. 

Curious if they guarantee the second appointment, report back.

Mute reporting back. Per the confirmation email for the first dose: “Due to timing needs and limited vaccine allocation, we will automatically schedule your dose 2 appointment. You will receive an email/text confirmation at a later date.”
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

Mute reporting back. Per the confirmation email for the first dose: “Due to timing needs and limited vaccine allocation, we will automatically schedule your dose 2 appointment. You will receive an email/text confirmation at a later date.”

It would be fucked up if places would book first doses and not have stock reserved for second doses.

• Like 3

Because the Moderna vaccine is like 90% effective after the first dose Canada is scheduling doses four months apart as a way to get more people vaccinated.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/local/british-columbia/2021/3/1/1_5328817.html

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich