Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I haven’t been out past 6pm at night in over a year, And likely don’t plan to, but it will be nice to be able to sit at a bar for happy hour and get some food and a drink rather than wasting a servers time on 1 solo person at a table. 

Back when bars had to close at 11pm due to Covid I would go out at 8pm but generally I prefer later at night when there’s more action and more hot young girls.  Saturday night somebody puked and somebody else tripped and fell in the puke...and this is at a classy place.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Really hoping people are still somewhat responsible and this doesn’t lead to more spikes. Glad to see things moving in the right direction. 

Both in PA and nationally there seems to be a floor hit in terms of new daily cases. They stopped going down a few weeks ago and have just plateaued. 

54 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Really hoping people are still somewhat responsible and this doesn’t lead to more spikes. Glad to see things moving in the right direction. 

I’ll be in Florida the week everything gets lifted so I’ll be interested to see how people react as far as increase in patronizing bars and restaurants.  

I think there’s a real possibility we see a spike as many people may feel more comfortable going out as vaccinations are happening and they feel like they’re less likely to get it, however i (in my opinion) don’t think the vaccination numbers are to that point yet. 

27 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I’ll be in Florida the week everything gets lifted so I’ll be interested to see how people react as far as increase in patronizing bars and restaurants.  

I think there’s a real possibility we see a spike as many people may feel more comfortable going out as vaccinations are happening and they feel like they’re less likely to get it, however i (in my opinion) don’t think the vaccination numbers are to that point yet. 

Most of the bar crowd have not been vaccinated yet and most of the bingo crowd has been....

Good news is that vaccination rates in the USA are way ahead of Europe and we likely won’t see another Covid surge.  In Italy they’ve had a surge of cases and are in another lockdown in many regions until after Easter.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/03/15/dr-scott-gottlieb-us-better-on-covid-vaccines-european-like-surge-unlikely.html

Both in PA and nationally there seems to be a floor hit in terms of new daily cases. They stopped going down a few weeks ago and have just plateaued. 

I think what were seeing now is data stemming from the limited availability of the vaccine to the general public over the past month or so. Now however, I think we're up to 27% of the American population getting at least their first. I think in a few more weeks as the data from folks that got the shot more recently in tandem with availability becoming more widespread and more people get their second we'll see another sharp decline. At least i hope.

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

I think what were seeing now is data stemming from the limited availability of the vaccine to the general public over the past month or so. Now however, I think we're up to 27% of the American population getting at least their first. I think in a few more weeks as the data from folks that got the shot more recently in tandem with availability becoming more widespread and more people get their second we'll see another sharp decline. At least i hope.

We will 100% see a decline as the R rate decreases.  Right now everybody who has it is only giving it to like .6-.8 of a person and when it’s over 1 like it is now in Italy that’s stuff can get out of control quick due to exponential growth in new cases.  I’m more hopeful of some darn good spring skiing this weekend.  

19172286-680C-4DB8-B0B7-42D398F9CB32.png

13 hours ago, indiggio said:

TR 12 hours after vaccination time is expected.

I’m at 15 hours and arm is sore and I’m a little out of it. I didn’t get sweaty but I’ve been peeing a whole lot throughout the night. I was expecting to be sick today so blocked out my schedule today and only have a haircut at noon and will do some work after that.  

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m at 15 hours and arm is sore and I’m a little out of it. I didn’t get sweaty but I’ve been peeing a whole lot throughout the night. I was expecting to be sick today so blocked out my schedule today and only have a haircut at noon and will do some work after that.  

My parents got fully vaccinated in Saturday, one with J&J and one with 2nd shot of Pfizer. They both had no side effects.  I saw a recent article said that young people saw more side effects than older people with the vaccines (pretty interesting if true).  I know I was definitely 'out of it/rundown' after my second.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, pcklein31 said:

My parents got fully vaccinated in Saturday, one with J&J and one with 2nd shot of Pfizer. They both had no side effects.  I saw a recent article said that young people saw more side effects than older people with the vaccines (pretty interesting if true).  I know I was definitely 'out of it/rundown' after my second.

It is true. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Still feeling okay? At this point you are probably good if things didn't get worse.