Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

Pa is rolling out way faster then CO. They just let 50+ make appointments. I signed up my husband at a few places and have to wait for an email saying it’s your turn. We are in phase 1b.4. I have to wait till phase 2, not sure when that will be, I hear May. 

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I talk to elderly people almost daily and most are fully vaccinated and most had no effects to the second dose...my bro in law who’s 145 pounds and 5’11 had the one dose Pfizer vaccine and he was sick for three days but he gets sick multiple times a year. Dose one just sore arm and dose number two I peed a lot and had a medium hangover...didn’t miss any work...my mom asked me if I took my temperature and I’ve never owned a thermometer...

You know there's not a one-dose pfizer vaccine, right? They might be doing a trial for that, I dunno, but as it currently stands, the CDC recommended dosing schedule is two doses ~3 weeks apart.

3 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

Do it, you won’t. Maybe some of your fellow Jersian’s would join you (cough [mention]GSSucks [/mention] cough [mention]RootDKJ [/mention])

I hope to not have to descent into mall madness until June.

• Like 1

Just now, Barb said:

Pa is rolling out way faster then CO. They just let 50+ make appointments. I signed up my husband at a few places and have to wait for an email saying it’s your turn. We are in phase 1b.4. I have to wait till phase 2, not sure when that will be, I hear May. 

In PA I think it’s still 75+ but anybody can claim they are a smoker or obese..I know somebody in their early 60s who is still patiently waiting their turn. 

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I talk to elderly people almost daily and most are fully vaccinated and most had no effects to the second dose...my bro in law who’s 145 pounds and 5’11 had the one dose Pfizer vaccine and he was sick for three days but he gets sick multiple times a year. Dose one just sore arm and dose number two I peed a lot and had a medium hangover...didn’t miss any work...my mom asked me if I took my temperature and I’ve never owned a thermometer...

might want to let him know he needs the second dose of Pfizer...

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

@Kyle told me playing ice hockey at the rink in Aston sucks cause most people show up to fight first, play hockey second lol

This is accurate. Only rink I’ve had a guy try to fight, take off his helmet, get his ass beat, then try to press charges afterwards 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Barb said:

That stinks but you have still been having fun and don’t think you’re a big bar person.  I’m finally having customers in my office again after a year of either outdoor appointments masked or over the phone/email.  I can be an asshole but a big fear I had was being asymtomatic and giving Covid to one of my elderly customers.  

5 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

@Kyle told me playing ice hockey at the rink in Aston sucks cause most people show up to fight first, play hockey second lol

Iceworks? I always thought it was a really nice facility, I lived maybe 5min away. Cant comment on the hockey scene, kind of surprised tho.

1 minute ago, mute1080 said:

Boo airdropped me this when I told her your response

4BB33D06-1274-4B99-BB97-913BD19B7FFD.jpeg

Yup one of my best female friends is a mom and when I text with her at like 655am on a weekday she’s already accomplished a ton and I’m just hoping to get a fast  jerk in before I put my ski clothes on. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Barb said:

In this phase though I think my son could get one.  If you are below 50 one of the conditions is “scarred lungs” so I think he would qualify under that. 

I would assume so. And after everything he went through he would definitely benefit from that protection.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Barb said:

In this phase though I think my son could get one.  If you are below 50 one of the conditions is “scarred lungs” so I think he would qualify under that. 

But you said your son is an asshole so he probably won’t take advantage of the opportunity to be vaccinated. 

13 minutes ago, Benm said:

Iceworks? I always thought it was a really nice facility, I lived maybe 5min away. Cant comment on the hockey scene, kind of surprised tho.

The rink is real nice, as well as the bar. The guys playing in beer, not so much. 

• Like 1

Skied Saturday the morning after my 5:15pm second Moderna. Felt fine. About 6 pm starting feeling really sore in the knees, but that’s not uncommon for me to feel that way about 1 day in a dozen, though it’s usually a workday. Was on my feet a lot, and up and down the stairs a lot food prepping for Meatageddon ‘21 so could have been that. Took my temp for giggles and was 99.7, not too hot although I’m usually in the 97s or high 96s on my thermometer. 

So no major issues. Maybe being fatter helps like being older.

PA seems to be getting a lot more vaccines as of late.  i got an email from Mainline Health that i could schedule a shot, and when i looked there were a ton of appointments.  I forget, maybe it let me schedule due to the smoking thing.  I did try to schedule my second shot with them, but it wouldnt let me, so maybe they have the J&J.  

10 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Anyone know if you can schedule your 2nd shot at a different place than your first?  If so I might try to see if I can do it a little closer to home.

It all depends on who you are receiving it through. Best bet is to call and try to do that. Worst they can say is no.

• Thanks 1