Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

59 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

0 side effects so far after both shots. That makes me nervous.

if you want, i can let you around some Covid positive people i know, maybe share a hot cooca and see how it goes for ya.  

The whole company was tested.  #4 that tested positive makes one on one contact with quite a few employees, he is usually pretty good with the mask thing, but there are quite a few he talks to that arent, so i wont be surprised to see some more positives.  

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

0 side effects so far after both shots. That makes me nervous.

I didn't have much more than a headache and some general overall achy-ness, kinda like i had a pretty good crash skiing, all over slight muscle soreness kinda thing. I was fully expecting to be knocked out for a day or so. 🤷‍♂️

I guess it varies...I thought it was an immune system thing. For example if you have a baller immune system you get the side effects because it's working. Silly uneducated assumption on my part I guess. Don't get me wrong I'm grateful nor do I want to necessarily be down and out.

Had the Moderna, only had some achy knees after the second shot. Could’ve been the up and down the stairs plus climbing in and out of the bed of the truck all afternoon tending the smoker, after skiing that morning.

Buddy had the Moderna and second shot was Wednesday, said it kicked his ass yesterday.

Pops had Pfizer and wasn’t really affected.

18 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Had the Moderna, only had some achy knees after the second shot. Could’ve been the up and down the stairs plus climbing in and out of the bed of the truck all afternoon tending the smoker, after skiing that morning.

Buddy had the Moderna and second shot was Wednesday, said it kicked his ass yesterday.

Pops had Pfizer and wasn’t really affected.

Is your buddy in good physical shape?  

I had my second Pfizer last Friday and has little no to side effects. I did drink that same night and woke up with a headache so it's hard to tell what the headache was from. Perhaps I was fatigued Saturday but again hard to tell if it was from staying out late or from the second shot.

Either way, the headache and fatigue were minimal. Happy to be fully vaccinated. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

PASR is probably a bad group to talk about side effects. No one is sure if the way they felt after the shot was from the shot or from all the activities we do immediately before or after getting it. For me I don't know if I was fatigued or just needed a post skiing nap. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Zonked said:

I had my second Pfizer last Friday and has little no to side effects. I did drink that same night and woke up with a headache so it's hard to tell what the headache was from. Perhaps I was fatigued Saturday but again hard to tell if it was from staying out late or from the second shot.

Either way, the headache and fatigue were minimal. Happy to be fully vaccinated. 

i purposely avoided alcohol for a few days before and after so i didn't confuse symptoms hah. i did go for a 10 mile mtb ride right after getting my 2nd shot and probably didn't drink enough water, so slight headache definitely could have been from that. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

This vaccine passport bullshit is getting worrisome

On the surface of issue I'm right there with ya, but needing vaccines to travel has been a thing for a while.  My brother in law had to get all kinds of vaccines to go to Africa (dengue fever, yellow fever and at least one other).  

3 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

On the surface of issue I'm right there with ya, but needing vaccines to travel has been a thing for a while.  My brother in law had to get all kinds of vaccines to go to Africa (dengue fever, yellow fever and at least one other).  

But these passports aren’t for international travel, they are for doing stuff domestically 

1 minute ago, theprogram4 said:

But these passports aren’t for international travel, they are for doing stuff domestically 

Well that sucks then.  I chose to get vaccinated and the government can stay the fuck up out my bisnass.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I highly doubt there will ever be a nationalized "covid passport" program in the near future unless this pandemic continues to linger around longer than it should... nor should there be. I would not be surprised if some businesses, establishments, etc. choose to require it in the future, though.

Got my second shot of Moderna on Saturday at 11 am.  I was fine for most of Saturday though later that night it felt like my arm got punched. I woke up Sunday morning and my arm felt like I got hit by a 90 mph fastball and I was achy and it was rough getting out of bed at around 7am. I went to Church and after getting home and doing a few things around the house to get ready for Easter I felt awful. Went back up to bed and slept from 10 until 2. Sore joints, terrible pain in my arm and general achiness. Felt good enough to get dressed into some relatively comfy clothes and socialize for Easter for a while. By 8pm I was tired but a lot of the pain was gone. Today I feel pretty much back to normal. 

• Like 4

Got the shot today but vaccine passport talk needs to be shut down.  That is none of the government's business.

I can see it happening it Europe but I don't think it will be a legit thing here.

Things are definitely looking like they will be back to normal by summer imo

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, abe said:

Got the shot today but vaccine passport talk needs to be shut down.  That is none of the government's business.

I can see it happening it Europe but I don't think it will be a legit thing here.

Things are definitely looking like they will be back to normal by summer imo

People are fucking wild now.  At the bar Saturday night a slightly older woman flashed her boobs multiple times and her gay friend licked her nipple.  Also the economy is the best I’ve ever seen.  I’ve already had 19 orders so far this month. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don’t know if it will fly. It’s crazy I always thought liberals were about anything goes...gay marriage, legal drugs yet they want more rules. 

They want more power. Power comes from control over the people.

Its not a liberal thing, it’s a politician thing. The other side gave us the Patriot Act. Control. Power.

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

People are fucking wild now.  At the bar Saturday night a slightly older woman flashed her boobs multiple times and her gay friend licked her nipple.  Also the economy is the best I’ve ever seen.  I’ve already had 19 orders so far this month. 

I was in Florida for the weekend and there is no pandemic there.

• Confused 1