Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

22 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Where in Florida?  My friend is in Fort Lauderdale now. You’re such a jet setter.  In Allentown there are still people wearing masks while on solo walks by themselves in residential neighborhoods...

Bradenton/Sarasota area.  Went to visit my dad and stepmom who I hadn’t seen in quite a while.  They both were recently vaccinated and obviously my jet setting ass accepts the risk of travel.

I get my 2nd shot tomorrow so that’s nice too.

Edited by NMSKI
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, NMSKI said:

I was in Florida for the weekend and there is no pandemic there.

In Florida right now and can confirm. Stopped at a Wawa (of all places) and was told by an employee “you know you don’t need to wear a mask right?” In a demeaning way. 

I also didn’t read your other post, this was the Wawa right off Lakewood ranch blvd. 

Edited by Kyle
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

But these passports aren’t for international travel, they are for doing stuff domestically 

It's all going to be moot in about 6 months.  But I wouldn't mind having to show proof of vax if it meant music and entertainment venues could open up wider, faster for the summer.  I'm sure they could use the business at this point.

And keep in mind, the governement is already collecting this info and have issued you a 'passport' already.  It's just a  forgeable piece of cardboard at this point.  But private companies choose to require seeing something for the safety of their staff a guests, I favor making it more secure and less forgeable than that cardboard, which you can already buy on the internet....

Anyway, end of the summer, more people will be taxed than not, and hopefully this conversation is moot.

Edited by tnt
  • Like 1

Even though Florida is generally the worst state in America, their handling of this pandemic has been great.  Other states hid like jackasses while Florida opened up and they are doing no worse than states where people hid and destroyed the economy.  Shout out to the states like Florida and Texas who’ve handled this better.  Texas rangers had a 40,000 person crowd and it was cool seeing the joyous children happy to be out...especially after adults destroyed a whole year of their childhoods

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Kyle said:

In Florida right now and can confirm. Stopped at a Wawa (of all places) and was told by an employee “you know you don’t need to wear a mask right?” In a demeaning way. 

I also didn’t read your other post, this was the Wawa right off Lakewood ranch blvd. 

I can’t wait till it’s like that here. 

51 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Even though Florida is generally the worst state in America, their handling of this pandemic has been great.  Other states hid like jackasses while Florida opened up and they are doing no worse than states where people hid and destroyed the economy.  Shout out to the states like Florida and Texas who’ve handled this better.  Texas rangers had a 40,000 person crowd and it was cool seeing the joyous children happy to be out...especially after adults destroyed a whole year of their childhoods

Governor Ron DeSantis isn’t a soy boy like Tom Wolf.  He also didn’t stick Covid patients in nursing homes like Andrew Cuomo..

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

PSA: definitely don’t try to make your 2nd vaccine appointment at a different location than your first.  I got turned away for my 2nd this morning in West Chester after having my first in Easton even though both were Moderna.  Back in Easton now and wasting my whole work day but happy to have the opportunity to get it nonetheless. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I can’t wait till it’s like that here. 

Now wait a minute. Weren’t you like super paranoid about COVID just a few months ago? I would love to get back to normal, too, but many younger people have not been vaccinated. The numbers where I work are going  up again. 

A month after the vaccine is available to everyone in the country we should be back to normalcy. I don't expect that but once everyone has the ability to get the vaccine it's a conscious choice to not get it and therefore probably eventually get Covid. At that point it goes from an uncontrollable pandemic to a risk taken by an individual and the "numbers going up" should not be an indication of anything more than people choosing to not get vaccinated. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Now wait a minute. Weren’t you like super paranoid about COVID just a few months ago? I would love to get back to normal, too, but many younger people have not been vaccinated. The numbers where I work are going  up again. 

Early in the pandemic when they said like 5-10% of people could die from Covid I was and I also only did outdoor drinking and dining last summer and when new cases were like 10-12,000 in PA late fall and early winter I didn’t go to bars at all. Anyway I’m fully vaccinated and not worried anymore.  Most of my customers are fully vaccinated and I still require masks but I’m looking forward to this shit ending and hopefully no masks next ski season. It’s amazing going to bars and mingling and dancing and hugging girls with no worries. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

19 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

PSA: definitely don’t try to make your 2nd vaccine appointment at a different location than your first.  I got turned away for my 2nd this morning in West Chester after having my first in Easton even though both were Moderna.  Back in Easton now and wasting my whole work day but happy to have the opportunity to get it nonetheless. 

If I knew you were up here I’d meet you for lunch.  I still can. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Governor Ron DeSantis isn’t a soy boy like Tom Wolf.  He also didn’t stick Covid patients in nursing homes like Andrew Cuomo..

It’s incredible how poorly of a job Wolf has done through all this.  To be fair to him, he killed slightly less nursing home residents than cuomo, and also isn’t getting accused of rape by 7+ women like Cuomo (the guy who was the media darling in 2020)

Edited by theprogram4

26 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

It’s incredible how poorly of a job Wolf has done through all this.  To be fair to him, he killed slightly less nursing home residents than cuomo, and also isn’t getting accused of rape by 7+ women like Cuomo (the guy who was the media darling in 2020)

Cuomo is such a creep 

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

Not to mention Wolf didn't try to get millions of dollars in advance for writing a book proclaiming himself as some sort of leadership god, while fudging the numbers of nursing home deaths.    Cuomo is just another dirtbag politician.

• Like 2