Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

Got an email from my guide company in Europe outlining some positive steps forward in getting travel reinstated from the US. Looks like they are moving in the right direction and also looks like vaccine passports will be utilized there. 

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1

1 hour ago, Barb said:

Got an email from my guide company in Europe outlining some positive steps forward in getting travel reinstated from the US. Looks like they are moving in the right direction and also looks like vaccine passports will be utilized there. 

Great to hear that you might be getting back there for your delayed trip! 

• Thanks 1

Was just reading the Crested Butte newspaper and it said that 99% of the reservable campsites in the area are full for this summer. Due to overcrowding and people being assholes, they started eliminating the dispersed camping in the valley. The plan is for it to be all phased out by 2022, with reservable and first come first serve sites. 

It is going to be really interesting to see at the end of this pandemic how the outdoor industry shakes out. Will people who discovered skiing, camping, hiking etc go back to indoor activities like movies and restaurants exclusively? I think this summer will still see record outdoor pursuits for sure. I also think it is great that families who may not have been outdoorsy have changed their habits and tried new things. But will they drop the money to invest in these things long term? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Barb said:

Was just reading the Crested Butte newspaper and it said that 99% of the reservable campsites in the area are full for this summer. Due to overcrowding and people being assholes, they started eliminating the dispersed camping in the valley. The plan is for it to be all phased out by 2022, with reservable and first come first serve sites. 

It is going to be really interesting to see at the end of this pandemic how the outdoor industry shakes out. Will people who discovered skiing, camping, hiking etc go back to indoor activities like movies and restaurants exclusively? I think this summer will still see record outdoor pursuits for sure. I also think it is great that families who may not have been outdoorsy have changed their habits and tried new things. But will they drop the money to invest in these things long term? 

Some will and some won’t just like skiers and riders.  

They want more power. Power comes from control over the people.

Its not a liberal thing, it’s a politician thing. The other side gave us the Patriot Act. Control. Power.

I have my corporate vaccination ID card from Weis. I’m sure conservatives will support those.

New cases in PA are over 4000 a day from a recent low of 2500. But testing in PA is down 55%, so who knows what the real number is. But not my problem any more unless my grandkids get one of the new variants.

But will they drop the money to invest in these things long term? 

Last summer ‘entrepreneurs’ were buying out recreational kayaks from sporting good stores and reselling them on line with huge markups.

New RVs are absolute c**p. A lot of horror stories about trying to get warranty repairs.

Last summer the local state park with a beach here in the Poconos was absolutely trashed each weekend by people from Philadelphia, NJ and NY. New park supervisor this year so keeping our fingers crossed the rules will start being enforced.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Barb said:

I’ve already noticed it is waaaay less crowded at the nature preserve I go to.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, C1erArt said:

Last summer ‘entrepreneurs’ were buying out recreational kayaks from sporting good stores and reselling them on line with huge markups.

New RVs are absolute c**p. A lot of horror stories about trying to get warranty repairs.

Last summer the local state park with a beach here in the Poconos was absolutely trashed each weekend by people from Philadelphia, NJ and NY. New park supervisor this year so keeping our fingers crossed the rules will start being enforced.

Last year Pa State Parks saw a 26% increase in visitors. And yeah, people who have no respect or experience with the woods will trash it, unfortunately.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I love the tired of this mask shit comment..lol...

Like, I get it, everyone's tired of wearing a mask. I'm sitting in my kitchen wearing one right now because we have some contractors in our house doing some work. Those facebook comments pretty easily point out the people who don't really have any compassion for anyone besides themselves though. In the grand scheme of things, wearing a mask is not that hard of a thing to do to help out everyone around you a little bit, especially the people who can't for any reason get vaccinated yet.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Justo8484 said:

Like, I get it, everyone's tired of wearing a mask. I'm sitting in my kitchen wearing one right now because we have some contractors in our house doing some work. Those facebook comments pretty easily point out the people who don't really have any compassion for anyone besides themselves though. In the grand scheme of things, wearing a mask is not that hard of a thing to do to help out everyone around you a little bit, especially the people who can't for any reason get vaccinated yet.

Most of my customers are vaccinated and I’ll likely require masks in my office until the end of the summer at least and before recently I wasn’t even letting customers inside my building.  Still a lot of far right people who just can’t fathom the thought of getting vaccinated. 

• Like 1

I wear a mask to run outside and my gym obviously requires you wear them while working out. Yes, its annoying but that's the world right now. It's been over a year of mask wearing, how are people STILL complaining as if no one else in the world is dealing with the same inconvenience. There are worst things in life than wearing a mask.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, Zonked said:

I wear a mask to run outside and my gym obviously requires you wear them while working out. Yes, its annoying but that's the world right now. It's been over a year of mask wearing, how are people STILL complaining as if no one else in the world is dealing with the same inconvenience. There are worst things in life than wearing a mask.

It’s very rare to see people wear masks runnings in the Lehigh valley but in urban areas it’s more common.  

7 minutes ago, skifreak said:

I hear that all the time from customers out here in the boonies.

Some old lady a few weeks ago asked if she had to wear a mask and I just nodded yes...otherwise people have been good. One customer his mask just kept sliding lower and lower on his face.  It’s amazing that some are unaware of what size face they have.  If he wasn’t giving me $3,000 I may have said something. 

On 4/8/2021 at 9:08 AM, C1erArt said:

A lot of racist remarks came from beltzville locals last summer, so much that they made the Concerned Citizens of Beltzville FB group private so the public couldn’t see their racism.