Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

4 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

You have up to 42 days, if that make you feel any better. 

I thought it was 30, that’s good to know. I’m not too worried about not getting it in time as much as I am with how mismanaged it got so quickly. I was able to provide them with the lot number of the vaccine from the card and the lady STILL didn’t believe I got moderna instead of JJ the first time I called and brought up the whole missed appointment thing. 

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I thought it was 30, that’s good to know. I’m not too worried about not getting it in time as much as I am with how mismanaged it got so quickly. I was able to provide them with the lot number of the vaccine from the card and the lady STILL didn’t believe I got moderna instead of JJ the first time I called and brought up the whole missed appointment thing. 

I helped a co worker get a second shot only at CVS. PA availability is weird, but if you try using Bear, DE as location, they had tons of appointments. Check out their site, it lets you select 2nd moderna, or second phizer. Maybe set up an appointment when you start getting close to the date if CCHD  doesnt give you that warm and fuzzy feeling. 

Lancaster park city mall old bon ton is now doing walk ups no appointment necessary.  They were doing moderna 2nd dose shots but idk if they still are, they have recently been doing mostly pfizer.

Quick numbers here: 

Total Population of PA:  12,702,379

Adult Population eligible for Vaccines: 10,060,284

Adult Population Fully Vaccinated: 3,239,152

Percentage of Adult Population Fully vaccinated: 32%

Worst case scenario we can give 100k shots per day across the state which is probably fairly low, and we can be fully vaccinated as a commonwealth in 5 months. 

Just now, Schif said:

Quick numbers here: 

Total Population of PA:  12,702,379

Adult Population eligible for Vaccines: 10,060,284

Adult Population Fully Vaccinated: 3,239,152

Percentage of Adult Population Fully vaccinated: 32%

Worst case scenario we can give 100k shots per day across the state which is probably fairly low, and we can be fully vaccinated as a commonwealth in 5 months. 

We will never get to 100% with anti-vaxxers.

Anti-vax talk @saltyant

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

We will never get to 100% with anti-vaxxers.

Anti-vax talk @saltyant

Anti-vaxxers in a few months will just be like people who ski in jeans. You can tell them to get snow pants all you want but at the end of the day they are the ones doing it to themselves. 

Philly convention center has about 4,000 vaccine shots that will expire today or tomorrow and they basically opened it up to anyone and everyone. No appointment needed. Haven't read up on the fine print but it seems they are allowing anyone.

I don't get those who get the first shot and are hesitant to get the second..it makes no sense to me.

1 hour ago, Zonked said:

Philly convention center has about 4,000 vaccine shots that will expire today or tomorrow and they basically opened it up to anyone and everyone. No appointment needed. Haven't read up on the fine print but it seems they are allowing anyone.

I don't get those who get the first shot and are hesitant to get the second..it makes no sense to me.

I deal with the public so I understand.  The average person is pretty dim. 

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I know somebody who got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine about three weeks ago and he wasn’t feeling well the last day or two and he just test positive for Covid.  Could it be a false positive?  

prob got it.

friend of mine got pfizer late jan and just picked it up (bad btw) a couple wks ago

On 4/27/2021 at 8:17 PM, JFskiDan said:

I helped a co worker get a second shot only at CVS. PA availability is weird, but if you try using Bear, DE as location, they had tons of appointments. Check out their site, it lets you select 2nd moderna, or second phizer. Maybe set up an appointment when you start getting close to the date if CCHD  doesnt give you that warm and fuzzy feeling. 

I ended up scheduling a second dose at CVS may 11th. Chesco is now insistent I didn’t get the first shot, even after giving them the lot number off of the vax card, not sure why anyone would be arguing they got the first shot? But just decided to go out and schedule the second dose somewhere else. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

I ended up scheduling a second dose at CVS may 11th. Chesco is now insistent I didn’t get the first shot, even after giving them the lot number off of the vax card, not sure why anyone would be arguing they got the first shot? But just decided to go out and schedule the second dose somewhere else. 

But you have a little card that says you do right?  Crazy.  not sure why they would be such a pain in the ass with the bum rush for the vaccine being over.  Were u able to get a shot close by?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

But you have a little card that says you do right?  Crazy.  not sure why they would be such a pain in the ass with the bum rush for the vaccine being over.  Were u able to get a shot close by?

Yeah I was able to schedule a shot AT THE CVS in Nottingham, which is only about 15 or so minutes away. 

my work also gives us the entire day off for the shots (which I don’t plan on taking the full day) so if I had to travel far for it, it wouldn’t have been too big of a deal. 

Edited by Kyle
  • Like 2