Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

19 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Yup and the statewide mask mandate will end when 70% of the population over age 18 are vaccinated. I’m thinking later this summer.  

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:
3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

For those wondering this is where we are at for vaccinations in PA. It’s going to take way longer to get from 50% to 70% of adults fully vaccinated than 30% to 50% and at 70% the statewide mask mandate ends.  The TSA has extended the mask mandates in flights  until September.  

BF7D17E7-BAC1-493A-B0F6-F0E74854C7D6.png

Masks on planes is pretty smart, I might even consider it in the future just to avoid getting a cold or flu when traveling.  I’m always nervous about getting sick for a big trip.

Edited by NMSKI
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Masks on planes is pretty smart, I might even consider it in the future just to avoid getting a cold or flu when traveling.  I’m always nervous about getting sick for a big trip.

I agree I’ve always been hyper aware of people sneezing and coughing on planes and the one JH trip you were on I had a fairly bad cold.  Bad enough I didn’t want to drink for a few days. 

32 minutes ago, Barb said:

Pre Covid I usually wore a scarf on a flight. Multiple uses; someone busts ass, you can put over your nose, trying to sleep, put it over your eyes.

It’s funny seeing old music videos where a performer wears a mask..I think Michael Jackson used to wear masks.  I sort of want the mask mandate to be over for business reasons.  It sucks having to remind customers to wear masks and it happened again this week and customer from pretty far away said,”I don’t know if I even have a mask with me”..and his sister found an extra disposable.  I watch YouTube channels from Florida and Texas and its a mixture of masks and no masks like a medical tech or a hairdresser will be wearing a mask but the customer is not.  Handshakes way more common in a business setting. In bars drunks are like what pandemic...it’s a mindfuck 

For those wondering this is where we are at for vaccinations in PA. It’s going to take way longer to get from 50% to 70% of adults fully vaccinated than 30% to 50% and at 70% the statewide mask mandate ends.

If we ever do hit 70 with all the vaccine reluctance out there. Was at the Lowe’s in Bartonsville, and there was a noticeable lessening of mask compliance. The old guy at the pool store had a bad case and retired, his son took over. Our vet closed indefinitely due to a ‘severe covid outbreak.’ They had always adhered to strict procedures. Not over yet.

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Still trending nicely. What's going on in India though. Damn.

SmartSelect_20210505-062704_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20210505-062607_Chrome.jpg

Good to see the US trending downward. India literally can't seem to get out of its own way with Covid. With a population density 4.5 times that of the US people are just constantly in contact there. I'm sure there are some other factors but that one certainly can't be helping. 

• Like 1

I have a feeling that this Moderna may be worse than the actual stuff. I have NEVER felt this bad in my life, can't believe it's only a vaccine.

And it all started so well. No side effects from the first shot except for the sore shoulder. Peachy 8 hours after the second shot, well maybe the shoulder felt a little worse, but then...

Temperature started to rise, first felt almost pleasantly warm, just in time for bed, but it soon changed to chills, oh what a wonderful feeling it is when you feel both hot and cold. Had to find an extra blanket, but by the middle of the night I got so hot that all blankets had to go, and I swear I was almost glowing red. Add to this nausea and awful, excruciating headache so that I couldn't even move my head w/o feeling a myriad of little explosions inside. And the heart racing all night long. Took some Tylenol in the morning, the headache got a little better, so I was able to fall asleep for a couple of hours, but it's back now.

This is nuts, I seriously can't remember feeling so miserable ever.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, eaf said:

I have a feeling that this Moderna may be worse than the actual stuff. I have NEVER felt this bad in my life, can't believe it's only a vaccine.

And it all started so well. No side effects from the first shot except for the sore shoulder. Peachy 8 hours after the second shot, well maybe the shoulder felt a little worse, but then...

Temperature started to rise, first felt almost pleasantly warm, just in time for bed, but it soon changed to chills, oh what a wonderful feeling it is when you feel both hot and cold. Had to find an extra blanket, but by the middle of the night I got so hot that all blankets had to go, and I swear I was almost glowing red. Add to this nausea and awful, excruciating headache so that I couldn't even move my head w/o feeling a myriad of little explosions inside. And the heart racing all night long. Took some Tylenol in the morning, the headache got a little better, so I was able to fall asleep for a couple of hours, but it's back now.

My wife felt terrible after hers...got the shot Friday, stayed in bed all day Saturday, back to normal sunday.  I get mine tomorrow so I'm expecting Friday will suck 

1 hour ago, eaf said:

Eaf harden the fuck up.  

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

I had no side affects from Pfizer #2, got my first shingles shot Thursday - that was a different story, felt like crapola for 2 days...

i got my second shingles shot late january or beginning of feb, and yeah, i got sick too.  just really for one day though.  i thought they were really playing it up when they said i might get sick.  nothing after my first shingle shot though.  

1 hour ago, eaf said:

So dramatic. I haven't cared for anybody intubated because of their Covid vaccine yet. HTFU.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, eaf said:

My co-workers wife has been messed up since she got Covid first week of April.  Check back in a month, let us know how you are doing.  

2 hours ago, mbike-ski said:

I had no side affects from Pfizer #2, got my first shingles shot Thursday - that was a different story, felt like crapola for 2 days...

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

i got my second shingles shot late january or beginning of feb, and yeah, i got sick too.  just really for one day though.  i thought they were really playing it up when they said i might get sick.  nothing after my first shingle shot though.  

This is the first I'm hearing of shingles shots, do I need to be checking into this?

33 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

This is the first I'm hearing of shingles shots, do I need to be checking into this?

I think you have a few more years before thats a thing for you.  You should probably schedule that with your colonoscopy.  

• Like 1