Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

Lol, I had shingles when I was 15. Fortunately, I went to the doctor immediately and had a very mild case. Ironically a classmate of mine had it about 2 months later and spent a couple days in the hospital.  

Edited by antman12
  • Sad 1

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/05/05/covid-vaccine-distribution-variants-mask-cdc-biden-india/4947182001/

Hospitalizations and deaths should decline sharply by July if the nationwide vaccination program remains strong and community mitigation efforts are followed, according to a federal report released Wednesday....

15 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Classic. I never scheduled this appointment, got my second dose at CVS this morning and receive this text as I’m leaving. 

8897B68B-73B3-4DF8-BDD4-09075834E4A2.png

That YMCA has/had one of the few trough urinals I’ve ever seen in my life. I was also an 8 year old floor hockey legend there...had a hat trick almost every game

Edited by theprogram4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, theprogram4 said:

That YMCA has/had one of the few trough urinals I’ve ever seen in my life. I was also an 8 year old floor hockey legend there...had a hat trick almost every game

Ha!  Trough urinals used to be way more common I think.  I'm old enough to remember that at any school or sporting venue there was basically just a bathtub looking thing that everybody lined up at and peed in.  I remember when I went to Australia in 1999 they had a different kind of trough, which was just a silver wall that everyone peed on from standing on a step.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

They have a trough at the maingate nightclub in Allentown. Also at the J Birney Crum stadium where Allen high school plays at.  I asked this gay guy I know if he’s ever stayed at the YMCA and he said STFU...I was like really you can get yourself clean, have a good meal and hangout with all the boys..seems like a fun place to stay.  

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Ha!  Trough urinals used to be way more common I think.  I'm old enough to remember that at any school or sporting venue there was basically just a bathtub looking thing that everybody lined up at and peed in.  I remember when I went to Australia in 1999 they had a different kind of trough, which was just a silver wall that everyone peed on from standing on a step.  

And then there are the big, circular hand washing units, typically in the center of the bathroom where you step on the ring to allow the water to come out.  I've seen people using them as urinals before, whether they did it on purpose or just didn't know it was for hand-washing was always the thought.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NMSKI said:

44 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They have a trough at the maingate nightclub in Allentown. Also at the J Birney Crum stadium where Allen high school plays at.  I asked this gay guy I know if he’s ever stayed at the YMCA and he said STFU...I was like really you can get yourself clean, have a good meal and hangout with all the boys..seems like a fun place to stay.  

The only other 2 places I remember seeing them are the old Downingtown High School stadium, and the Oakland athletics stadium

Edited by theprogram4

I did some work in Mexico City and the men's urinal in the facility there was just a gutter in the floor with some water running down it.  The shitters were just 5 gal buckets with a toilet seat sitting on top.  It was up the to user to "flush" them out.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah way back in the day people used to just piss right against the bar.  

I have a friend that did that as recently as 2006.  You'd hear splashing and know it was time to vacate the area.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The football stadium at UDel had (has?) a pee wall in one of the men’s rooms, the old gutter on the floor and the wall with the slow sheet of water running down to control splashback. A buddy who went there told me that it was actively lobbied to be kept more than once. Those things really move the lines on gameday.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

The football stadium at UDel had (has?) a pee wall in one of the men’s rooms, the old gutter on the floor and the wall with the slow sheet of water running down to control splashback. A buddy who went there told me that it was actively lobbied to be kept more than once. Those things really move the lines on gameday.

The splash back still has to be terrible. I hate using public bathrooms in the summer while wearing shorts solely because of splash back. If I get a drop on my leg I'm soaping up and washing off my legs. Then if I'm at a store or something I walk with wet legs and people think I'm crazy. It's a serious problem.

2 hours ago, mbike-ski said:

There was a bar in Fishtown in college  that had ceramic tile on the front that just went down to a trough. It wasn't in use but back in the day when the mills were active those guys didn't have much time on break!

sounds kinda like the 700 club? but they just have a toilet right next to the DJ platform. frankford hall has a trough.

Side effects of the second shot kicked in sometime overnight. I feel like I got hit by a train. 

on a side note though, for anyone who hasn’t gotten their second shot yet, Bio-freeze works really really well for managing the arm soreness 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mbike-ski said:

There was a bar in Fishtown in college  that had ceramic tile on the front that just went down to a trough. It wasn't in use but back in the day when the mills were active those guys didn't have much time on break!

That was a common thing in the British Isles back in the day when women weren't allowed in pubs. There were no stools and men didn't want to lose their place at the bar. Just peed in the trough. There are still a lot around over there. Not in use anymore of course.