Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

Just now, theprogram4 said:

Wedding gifts are a scam.  Imagine throwing a party for your friends and at the door at the end of the night being like “Thanks for coming to my party, you owe me $100.”

I went to a wedding years ago where the invitation said,”monetary gift only” wow..most weddings I have a solid $100 worth of food and drinks..plus plenty of entertainment. I only go to like one wedding a year so no big deal..

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

TP4 I give $100 but some people give even more...My sister and bro in law I believe give $300 but that’s from both of them and they go to five or six weddings a summer and a lot involve travel.  I wonder if they have a list from their wedding to see what everybody gave them. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Our governor had a press conference today that the only places masks will be required is public transportation, hospitals and prisons etc. Then he said it is up to individual businesses to decide their own rules. I feel like it’s just going to be a giant shit show, especially here in Boulder. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Barb said:

Our governor had a press conference today that the only places masks will be required is public transportation, hospitals and prisons etc. Then he said it is up to individual businesses to decide their own rules. I feel like it’s just going to be a giant shit show, especially here in Boulder. 

I bet in Boulder there are fully vaccinated people who will still want to wear masks when grocery shopping.  

14 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

Wedding gifts are a scam.  Imagine throwing a party for your friends and at the door at the end of the night being like “Thanks for coming to my party, you owe me $100.”

We got married at the beach (Chincoteague island...by a boat captain) just us mainly because we didn't want people to do anything. Told most people we got married after the fact. 

21 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow and they didn’t even have the Cupid shuffle back then.  You were really young then.  

Correct. People hear that I have a kid in college and they think I'm AARP. Then they see my youthful and rugged good looks along with my ability to tear up the slopes and they can't believe it. In all honesty I loved being a dad in my 20s. And now my kids friends think I'm the coolest Dad ever since I'm light-years cooler (and younger) than theirs...no offense to them, but it's true.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Correct. People hear that I have a kid in college and they think I'm AARP. Then they see my youthful and rugged good looks along with my ability to tear up the slopes and they can't believe it. In all honesty I loved being a dad in my 20s. And now my kids friends think I'm the coolest Dad ever since I'm light-years cooler (and younger) than theirs...no offense to them, but it's true.

That’s badass...

• Thanks 1