Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

Noticed a sign on the door on the Wawa in Hatfield yesterday that said ~ “In accordance with state and local guidelines fully vaccinated people may enter without a mask. Those not vaccinated should continue to wear a facial covering.”

Already had mine on, so didn’t bother to remove it. Maybe next time.

5 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Noticed a sign on the door on the Wawa in Hatfield yesterday that said ~ “In accordance with state and local guidelines fully vaccinated people may enter without a mask. Those not vaccinated should continue to wear a facial covering.”

Already had mine on, so didn’t bother to remove it. Maybe next time.

That’s awesome!!!!  Some fully vaccinated people are gonna continue wearing masks for awhile and that’s their choice.  

30 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s awesome!!!!  Some fully vaccinated people are gonna continue wearing masks for awhile and that’s their choice.  

I find myself putting mine on just out of force of habit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I think it’s like that for a lot people and some will probably still wear them in stores that no longer require them just to avoid potential dirty looks..masks are still required in public areas of the hotel house..but that’s like 30 steps down a hallway..no big dealio and I’m sure Uber’s will require masks for awhile more even the most of my drivers are Richard Noselys that’s about the shittiest job to have especially early in the pandemic. 

11 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I do too, i mean the amount of time i spend in a store is minimal.  I never go to a store to just look around.  i know why im going in, and i dont need to be in there any longer than necessary.  

I've said it before, the whole mask thing just isnt a huge deal.  

The whole unvaccinated people still having to wear masks in stores is kind of a joke, in respect to the fact it leaves the decision making up to those individuals.  

9 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I do too, i mean the amount of time i spend in a store is minimal.  I never go to a store to just look around.  i know why im going in, and i dont need to be in there any longer than necessary.  

I've said it before, the whole mask thing just isnt a huge deal.  

The whole unvaccinated people still having to wear masks in stores is kind of a joke, in respect to the fact it leaves the decision making up to those individuals.  

It’s an honor system and honor systems don’t work with Americans. Better than having to show my vaccine card every time I go in a store. 

I just ran into a Giant a little while ago. Muscle memory had me pop a mask on as I walked in. Saw half a dozen unmasked folks and decided to try out this newfound freedom.  Definitely in the minority but it was kind of nice. 

I’ll forgo in places I know are cool with it. Hit Wawa in Souderton today and kept mask in hand until I got to the door. Don’t have a sign saying it wasn’t needed (or not like the Hatfield one did) so I popped it on cause why not? If there had been a similar sign I would have pocketed it. Just gonna be reasonable, or at least my reasoning of reasonable

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I’ll forgo in places I know are cool with it. Hit Wawa in Souderton today and kept mask in hand until I got to the door. Don’t have a sign saying it wasn’t needed (or not like the Hatfield one did) so I popped it on cause why not? If there had been a similar sign I would have pocketed it. Just gonna be reasonable, or at least my reasoning of reasonable

I haven’t seen a sign like the wawa in Hatfield...before everywhere had a sign saying face coverings required and now many have removed.  Every store I’ve been in I’ve asked cashier.  Now the top star express on tilghman street required masks two days ago and no longer require it but the cashier is still gonna wear one because he said he’s not vaccinated and not planning on it. 

27 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

2f4dbe2a07152064ed4255fb5526ae82.jpg

If I didn’t have nice hair and wore hats I’d wear that one.  I had my first mask free appointment at work and handshakes all around. When making appointments I tell people masks are optional and if they want to wear a mask I’ll wear mine if not I won’t.  

• Like 1

I went into Giant today without a mask, no issues from anyone at all but it definatley feels weird. Might be my anxiety but I felt like everyone was looking at me. Good test run though, seems people are respecting others decisions at this point (imagine that). 

• Like 3

Ironman Lake Placid just announced they will continue with the race in July but athletes must show proof of vaccination to race. As you can imagine, people's heads exploded. There are a ton of infuriated people. The Facebook group got ugly real fast. A lot of other US Ironman's have been gone off without any real strict rules like LP.

Now I have to decide if I can get Ironman ready in 65 days.. I've been half assing training assuming the race would be canceled again. Time to ramp up mileage and see what happens.

Ironman Mont Tremblant still looks questionable. I don't think the borders will be open to public in August but maybe they will also go the vaccinated athlete rule as well. Then again, a lot of Canadians said they haven't had access to pools/gyms because of their restrictions. Sounds like many wouldn't be able to race strictly due to not being able to fully train. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kyle said:

I went into Giant today without a mask, no issues from anyone at all but it definatley feels weird. Might be my anxiety but I felt like everyone was looking at me. Good test run though, seems people are respecting others decisions at this point (imagine that). 

I went into Weis in Broadheadsville this afternoon. Forgot my mask so went in feeling like I'd be wearing the scarlet letter. Turns out most of the employees were maskless and a bunch of customers too. Felt like the old days.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I went into Weis in Broadheadsville this afternoon. Forgot my mask so went in feeling like I'd be wearing the scarlet letter. Turns out most of the employees were maskless and a bunch of customers too. Felt like the old days.

I like to hear that and it’s only been a week.  Going back to normal is like a reward for most of us behaving during the pandemic and getting vaccinated and those stimmy checks for some as well. This next ski season with no masks is gonna be wonderful..I still prefer the individual sized bags of chips that JFDan and BenM brought vs a dozen hands reaching into the same bag of chips #SkierSnackProblems

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ve never even been to shoprite as an adult.  

in the area, it's shoprite or weis, that's it. basically a quarter mile from one another. some people have serious loyalty to one or the other. personally i just go to SR because it's closer. though it is bigger and there is a much larger selection.

biggest in the US (or at least it was when it was built, i think it still is). was also told (not sure if true, but looks like it) that the facade was inspired by cabela's design.

still waiting on the damn pretzel factory to be done tho...

we can't all have 10 wegmans within a stones throw.

23 minutes ago, Benm said:

in the area, it's shoprite or weis, that's it. basically a quarter mile from one another. some people have serious loyalty to one or the other. personally i just go to SR because it's closer. though it is bigger and there is a much larger selection.

biggest in the US (or at least it was when it was built, i think it still is). was also told (not sure if true, but looks like it) that the facade was inspired by cabela's design.

still waiting on the damn pretzel factory to be done tho...

we can't all have 10 wegmans within a stones throw.

Philly pretzel factory for you will be a game changer. I haven’t had their frozen lemonade yet this summer..

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1