Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

18 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Also they’re finally saying that Covid-19 came from a lab in Wuhan 

wasn’t Trump saying this for the past 14 months, and the same media who now claim it came from a lab attacked him viciously for saying the same exact thing?

Edited by theprogram4
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

wasn’t Trump saying this for the past 14 months, and the same media who now claim it came from a lab attacked him viciously for saying the same exact thing?

All I know is that peaches come from a can they were put there by a man in a factory downtown. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Liberals not only criticized people for saying it was created in a lab, but actually banned social media accounts that said this.  Now those same liberals are saying the same thing 

There's a difference in being created in a lab and leaking or escaping from a lab. Most scientist still think it wasn't created in a lab.

• Thanks 1

Interesting Covid related thing that happened to me yesterday. I went to the shore two weeks ago and when I got back I started to feel not so great. Cough, congestion, runny nose, post nasal drip, sore throat, all the annoyances. It wasn't horrible but I definitely spent the long weekend mostly sleeping. So it's still lingering yesterday and I decide to make a doctor's appointment. 

1. Out of an absolute abundance of caution on Friday I went to CVS for a covid test. it came back negative. 

2. It was pure luck that they took me at all because I made the appointment online and if they had known I was coming in for a respiratory illness they would not have accepted me. "We don't see sick patients here at the office right now". Luckily it was a good doctor and he ended up seeing me. 

3. So this doctor checks me out, listens to all my symptoms, I reiterate that I had the vaccine, I had a negative covid test and that I did not have a fever and I never lost taste or smell. He then tells me that the vaccine is only 95% effective, and we don't have a lot of data on it yet so there's still a 5% chance and in addition to that it had been a few days and since I had the vaccine I might not be shedding much virus and that the test is only as good as how much virus hits the swab. Also he mentioned that we don't have data on false positives or false negatives. Long story short he said that with these types of symptoms the default is to assume it's Covid at this point, but in case its not he gave me some antibiotics. 

I think this just kind of illustrates that our medical system has been absolutely rocked by this pandemic and at the end of the day what we don't know far outweighs what we do know. 

PS The medicine is working and I feel better already. 

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

I'm in front of a classroom of 40+ students right now. None of us are wearing masks (all of us are vaccinated). It is quite nice to see everyone. Reminds me of the good ole days of early 2020. 

That’s awesome!!!  I have two appointments tomorrow and one of the two won’t be wearing masks tomorrow.  

1 hour ago, trackbiker said:

That's not semantics. There's a huge difference between "created in a lab" and "accidentally released from a lab".

So are you insinuating that it was created in another lab (let's say Lab A or somewhere else all together), and transported to Lab B, then accidentally released from there. I'm not understanding. If it was leaked from the lab, whether by accident or not, it likely came from there. Yes these are two different things but I think TP4 was trying to illustrate the origins of the virus, which was the freaking lab.

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

So are you insinuating that it was created in another lab (let's say Lab A or somewhere else all together), and transported to Lab B, then accidentally released from there. I'm not understanding. If it was leaked from the lab, whether by accident or not, it likely came from there. Yes these are two different things but I think TP4 was trying to illustrate the origins of the virus, which was the freaking lab.

No. The origin was bats that were collected in the wild and being studied in a lab. If it wasn’t from bats to human in the outside world then it was bats to human in a the lab studying them. Thus, not created in the lab, but spread from the bats to humans in the lab. There is nothing that suggests someone went into the lab and manufactured this virus. I get what TP4 was saying, but created suggests it was intentionally developed.  

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Ding ding ding 

19 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

580 new cases in PA today. Been a long time since we've seen that.

The father of my delivery drivers kids friend just died of Covid.  He was in the hospital for a month. 50-something and not a big fat guy. Anti vaxxer of course.  What’s sad is that most of the current Covid deaths could have been prevented.