Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

56 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

No. The origin was bats that were collected in the wild and being studied in a lab. If it wasn’t from bats to human in the outside world then it was bats to human in a the lab studying them. Thus, not created in the lab, but spread from the bats to humans in the lab. There is nothing that suggests someone went into the lab and manufactured this virus. I get what TP4 was saying, but created suggests it was intentionally developed.  

This explains it all in four minutes and 20 seconds.  You’re welcome and anytime!!

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Schif said:

"We don't see sick patients here at the office right now".

WTF. A Doctor should see sick patients. I understand not mixing them with people there for routine check ups, but have the sick people come in the morning and everyone else comes in the afternoon, or something like that. 

20 hours ago, toast21602 said:

No. The origin was bats that were collected in the wild and being studied in a lab. If it wasn’t from bats to human in the outside world then it was bats to human in a the lab studying them. Thus, not created in the lab, but spread from the bats to humans in the lab. There is nothing that suggests someone went into the lab and manufactured this virus. I get what TP4 was saying, but created suggests it was intentionally developed.  

I thought it was from Pangolins?

Also, "created" needs to be defined.   Are existing organism, genetically modified, actually created?

Interesting Covid related thing that happened to me yesterday. I went to the shore two weeks ago and when I got back I started to feel not so great. Cough, congestion, runny nose, post nasal drip, sore throat, all the annoyances. It wasn't horrible but I definitely spent the long weekend mostly sleeping. So it's still lingering yesterday and I decide to make a doctor's appointment. 
1. Out of an absolute abundance of caution on Friday I went to CVS for a covid test. it came back negative. 
2. It was pure luck that they took me at all because I made the appointment online and if they had known I was coming in for a respiratory illness they would not have accepted me. "We don't see sick patients here at the office right now". Luckily it was a good doctor and he ended up seeing me. 
3. So this doctor checks me out, listens to all my symptoms, I reiterate that I had the vaccine, I had a negative covid test and that I did not have a fever and I never lost taste or smell. He then tells me that the vaccine is only 95% effective, and we don't have a lot of data on it yet so there's still a 5% chance and in addition to that it had been a few days and since I had the vaccine I might not be shedding much virus and that the test is only as good as how much virus hits the swab. Also he mentioned that we don't have data on false positives or false negatives. Long story short he said that with these types of symptoms the default is to assume it's Covid at this point, but in case its not he gave me some antibiotics. 
I think this just kind of illustrates that our medical system has been absolutely rocked by this pandemic and at the end of the day what we don't know far outweighs what we do know. 

PS The medicine is working and I feel better already. 

Maybe I’m being naive here, but isn’t it somewhat irresponsible to just prescribe antibiotics without knowing that you have a bacterial infection, and not a viral one? For whatever it’s worth, your symptoms are pretty spot on with what I get for a few days if I surf a lot and end up taking a few on the head and getting an Atlantic Ocean netti pot session. Happens a few times a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Justo8484 said:

Maybe I’m being naive here, but isn’t it somewhat irresponsible to just prescribe antibiotics without knowing that you have a bacterial infection, and not a viral one? For whatever it’s worth, your symptoms are pretty spot on with what I get for a few days if I surf a lot and end up taking a few on the head and getting an Atlantic Ocean netti pot session. Happens a few times a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if I would say irresponsible, but I get what you're saying. It seemed like a "hedge your bets" kind of situation from the doc and the most practical thing was to start antibiotics to see if it would knock it out rather than waste time or go through a ton of tests which may or may not be conclusive and take a bunch of time. 

It really has got to be hard to be a doctor because I get the feeling that the answer that they want to give most of the time is "it depends" but a sick person absolutely doesn't want to hear that and has an expectation that a doctor knows everything 100% of the time and can fix them. 

• Like 2

This is post memorial day too.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2021/06/pa-has-streak-of-sub-500-covid-19-case-counts-daily-update.html

Pa. has streak of sub-500 COVID-19 case counts: daily update

Pennsylvania reported 297 new COVID-19 cases for Monday, after reporting 321 new cases for Sunday and 488 for Saturday.

For comparison, Pennsylvania twice had more than 10,000 daily cases during the worst of the pandemic in early January.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NMSKI said:

I guess dispo is considered a medical facility?  

Perhaps..some days the only time I wear a mask is walking down the hallway of the hotel house.  They still have the signs up there.  In the last three weeks since the indoor mask mandate has changed I’ve only had one family in my office that wore a mask and also requested I wear one.  The lady and daughter said they were fully vaccinated but relative is pregnant.  That’s cool whatever gives me a a couple thousand dollar order.