Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

When I got a haircut yesterday I didn’t have to wear a mask but hairdresser did because they are still wearing them to for customers to feel more customers.  Probably 20% of people in stores are wearing masks now.  Will be interesting to see what the Delta variant and the Delta plus with increased legroom does to the unvaccinated masses.  I heard Missouri is having another spike in Covid cases. 

12 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

When I got a haircut yesterday I didn’t have to wear a mask but hairdresser did because they are still wearing them to for customers to feel more customers.  Probably 20% of people in stores are wearing masks now.  Will be interesting to see what the Delta variant and the Delta plus with increased legroom does to the unvaccinated masses.  I heard Missouri is having another spike in Covid cases. 

Sheer stupidity at this point. Anyone can walk into their local pharmacy and be protected and protect others. On a non stupid front...phizer is working on a booster shot that would be 5 to 10x more effective than the original 2 dose. 

11 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Sheer stupidity at this point. Anyone can walk into their local pharmacy and be protected and protect others. On a non stupid front...phizer is working on a booster shot that would be 5 to 10x more effective than the original 2 dose. 

Yes but it’s still a persons choice.  My delivery drivers kids friends dad just died of Covid.  50 year old and it a big fat guy either. Like 99.9% if Covid deaths and hospitalizations are preventable. N

7 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

Believe it or not, there are still nurses where I work that refuse to get vaccinated 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m sure soon it will be mandated, just like the flu shot. 

At some places of employment, vaccinated workers are allowed to be maskless while unvaccinated workers must wear a mask which could be a nice incentive for some to get vaccinated.  I was just in Arlington VA and I was at three different restaurants.  At two of them all the servers and bartenders were masked and at one of them it was a mixture while here in Allentown 95% of servers and bartenders have been unmasked for weeks.  My mom even said bring your mask to the restaurant in case you have to wear it walking to the table...lol what is this April. It was also weird seeing my niece and nephew masked while sister and bro in law weren’t walking into a restaurant since the kids are too young to be vaxxed. Down in Arlington VA Asian folks are still wearing masks walking around outdoors..I’m not hating just observations.  

18 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

graph line looks pretty similar to PA.  I really hope this doesnt start going sideways again.  

Devil's advocate: Let it go sideways as long as it doesn't cause the hospitals to overflow again. At this point people are actively choosing to not protect themselves and that's entirely on them. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Schif said:

Devil's advocate: Let it go sideways as long as it doesn't cause the hospitals to overflow again. At this point people are actively choosing to not protect themselves and that's entirely on them. 

Kids under 12 arent actively choosing not to protect themselves. They can't because they're unnable to get vaccinated. If an anti vaccine person gets my kid sick I'm gonna be pissed the F off. Not to mention school last year was a nightmare. If it's virtual again it's gonna be a problem for a lot of families. If it goes sideways again it's a huge problem.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Kids under 12 arent actively choosing not to protect themselves. They can't because they're unnable to get vaccinated. If an anti vaccine person gets my kid sick I'm gonna be pissed the F off. Not to mention school last year was a nightmare. If it's virtual again it's gonna be a problem for a lot of families. If it goes sideways again it's a huge problem.

Kids can wear masks and maintain social distancing. Most don’t. 

• Confused 2

21 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Kids can wear masks and maintain social distancing. Most don’t. 

Easier said than done. So let's say most kids go back to school in the fall. Sports, clubs etc are all back to normal. Kid A and B are in first grade. Kid As parent's are vaccinated. Kid B's are not. Kid B gets it from his or her parents and brings it to School. Gives it to Kid A when sitting next to him on the bus. That's Kid As fault for not social distancing??

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Easier said than done. So let's say most kids go back to school in the fall. Sports, clubs etc are all back to normal. Kid A and B are in first grade. Kid As parent's are vaccinated. Kid B's are not. Kid B gets it from his or her parents and brings it to School. Gives it to Kid A when sitting next to him on the bus. That's Kid As fault for not social distancing??

Not worth the argument. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Not saying it's right or wrong but just devil's advocate again.

Kids under 12 have an extremely slim ( I know it's non zero) chance of having bad symptoms or needing medical care. I know no one wants to have sick kids but if you took it to an actuarial table kids are probably more negatively affected by falling down and/or off of things than by this virus. 

I do think we have a duty to do our best to get everyone all vaxxed up to protect the immunocompromised who can't get the shot. 

3 hours ago, Schif said:

let it go sideways again to wear we end up wearing masks, possibly limiting travel, etc, again?  seriously?  No thanks.   

I wonder who/what group are getting it, like kids in school, unvaxxers or vaxxers, etc.  

1 minute ago, JFskiDan said:

let it go sideways again to wear we end up wearing masks, possibly limiting travel, etc, again?  seriously?  No thanks.   

I wonder who/what group are getting it, like kids in school, unvaxxers or vaxxers, etc.  

It is becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated. Vaccinated can get it, but will most likely not require hospitalizations and are almost guaranteed to escape death. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

It is becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated. Vaccinated can get it, but will most likely not require hospitalizations and are almost guaranteed to escape death. 

I would like to like your post, but i dont.  still cant figure out what people have against getting vaccinated.  But, i guess at the same time, i was vaccinated for everything as a kid, being a product of people in the medical field.  i still get every vaccination i can get my hands on.  The tin foil hat that thinks theres something more to a vaccine, than a vaccine, just doesnt fit me right.  

One guy in our office wont get the vaccine.  I guess this decision follows every other poor decision he makes in his life.  

• Like 3

I saw that like half the Phillies players aren’t vaccinated...I’m sure many of them have advanced science degrees.  My delivery driver and his wife won’t get vaccinated. I’m mainly concerned that I did my part in getting my shots. Yesterday I was at Weis markets and I’d guess like 15-20% of people are still wearing masks but there are still a lot of dick noses...what’s the point.  Between my skiing and Allentown friends at least 90% are fully vaccinated.  I have one friend who got the Johnson and Johnson one dose vaccine and she didn’t think it was enough so she also got a shot of Pfizer which I think is sort of mad scientist shit.  I think some others have done that, and I’m sure some have already got a third booster shot and many people never got their second shot. 

13 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I would like to like your post, but i dont.  still cant figure out what people have against getting vaccinated.  But, i guess at the same time, i was vaccinated for everything as a kid, being a product of people in the medical field.  i still get every vaccination i can get my hands on.  The tin foil hat that thinks theres something more to a vaccine, than a vaccine, just doesnt fit me right.  

One guy in our office wont get the vaccine.  I guess this decision follows every other poor decision he makes in his life.  

Yeah I hear that. 

I got so much joy out of vaccinating people because everyone was so excited about it and and helping get to where we are today, but now people are just miserable and incredibly rude. I'm about to stop doing it because it isn't worth the hassle of listening to these people. At least they are getting it... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

Yeah I hear that. 

I got so much joy out of vaccinating people because everyone was so excited about it and and helping get to where we are today, but now people are just miserable and incredibly rude. I'm about to stop doing it because it isn't worth the hassle of listening to these people. At least they are getting it... 

Why is everybody getting vaccinated now so salty?

I think some people hear the survivability rate and say they don't need the vaccine .... and there are people that think it takes X number of years to develop a vaccine.... I like to think medical science advances pretty quick so maybe they can develop them quicker now....Then there are people who just full on distrust anything that comes out of Washington...

But I'm with Dan..I don't understand why people will not get vaccinated ...

• Like 1