Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

19 hours ago, Schif said:

Not saying it's right or wrong but just devil's advocate again.

Kids under 12 have an extremely slim ( I know it's non zero) chance of having bad symptoms or needing medical care. I know no one wants to have sick kids but if you took it to an actuarial table kids are probably more negatively affected by falling down and/or off of things than by this virus. 

I do think we have a duty to do our best to get everyone all vaxxed up to protect the immunocompromised who can't get the shot. 

Show your table to the kids and parents of kids who have asthma and ask them if they give AF. Not to mention the multitude of 12 to 17 yos who want it but can't get it because their parents won't consent.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

I would like to like your post, but i dont.  still cant figure out what people have against getting vaccinated.  But, i guess at the same time, i was vaccinated for everything as a kid, being a product of people in the medical field.  i still get every vaccination i can get my hands on.  The tin foil hat that thinks theres something more to a vaccine, than a vaccine, just doesnt fit me right.  

One guy in our office wont get the vaccine.  I guess this decision follows every other poor decision he makes in his life.  

Because everything in this country becomes political now a days. Including things like wearing a mask or getting a vaccine that clearly helps themselves and others. It's pathetic. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We’ve had a couple infants here that were pretty sick that tested positive for COVID. Mostly brought home by family members that weren’t vaccinated. I can understand being pregnant and thinking twice about getting vaccinated, but no excuse for Dad not to get the vaccine. 

5 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Ugh. 

SmartSelect_20210726-172138_Twitter.jpg

That’s a three day period but you don’t have to be grate at foreshadowing to know that what’s happening in Florida, Louisiana, Arkansas and Mississippi will occur in areas of PA with low vaccination rates. The grate thing is that less than 5% of the people hospitalied for Covid have been fully vaccinated.  As noted I feel for people who are fully vaccinated but have kids under age 12..earlier at the grocery store I saw a maskless parent with masked kids.  Also some are getting Covid a second time.  

The people who participated in the vaccine trials are the real hero’s.  40,000 people total..20,000 received a vaccine and 20,000 received a placebo...wow just wow.  For me eating the mystery flavored Dum Dum is enough risk for me or not checking my speed before the falls..

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

This pandemic has been going on for so long...but odds are we won’t even have to wear masks at Blue this season and can cram 6 to a six pack with random strangers if comfortable... @saltyant you can wear your old school pre Covid mask this season and go back to giving your brah Matt Edge a nice man hug. 

8 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

This pandemic has been going on for so long...but odds are we won’t even have to wear masks at Blue this season and can cram 6 to a six pack with random strangers if comfortable... @saltyant you can wear your old school pre Covid mask this season and go back to giving your brah Matt Edge a nice man hug. 

I'd still rather not cram the pasr 6er with random strangers. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

986 reported in PA today. That's a one day tally. 

I bet mostly unvaccinated folks...hoping the next surge is over by ski season. I’ll have to check the state by state Covid tracker later.  Last week there were days when it was up into the 45,000-50,000 range nationwide and I saw in a few weeks it will hit 100,000 new daily cases.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

986 reported in PA today. That's a one day tally. 

Not great considering on July 5th, it was under 100.  I hope this doesnt get out of control so i can move on with my life like TP4 suggests.  

36 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Are we really gonna post Covid numbers every single day on PASR like last year?  It’s 2021, move on with your lives 

Are we really gonna bitch about every little piece of news you find on the internet about Biden, or how the price of gas went up by .02?  Just curious.  Talk about not "getting on with our lives".......  Seems like you have some issues letting go as well.  

• Like 2
  • Boner City 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JFskiDan said:

Not great considering on July 5th, it was under 100.  I hope this doesnt get out of control so i can move on with my life like TP4 suggests.  

Are we really gonna bitch about every little piece of news you find on the internet about Biden, or how the price of gas went up by .02?  Just curious.  Talk about not "getting on with our lives".......  Seems like you have some issues letting go as well.  

Talking about current events is a lot different than fear mongering about a virus there is a vaccine for.  Lol at you talking about getting on with your lives when you spent 15 months in hiding (no employees at wawa lol), pretty hypocritical on your part.  Also, it’s $1.06 per gallon more🙂

• Boner City 1

10 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Talking about current events is a lot different than fear mongering about a virus there is a vaccine for.  Lol at you talking about getting on with your lives when you spent 15 months in hiding (no employees at wawa lol), pretty hypocritical on your part.  Also, it’s $1.06 per gallon more🙂

Lol.