Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nope it will be a nail in the coffin for many more small businesses.  My delivery driver is starting to talk about getting vaccinated.  His wife’s friend just had a bachelorette party in Nashville and all ten of the girls got Covid...I don’t know their vaccination status.  My customer today who’s fully vaxxed got Covid a few months ago she caught it from her unvaccinated son.  

Still 96% of those hospitalized with Covid are unvaccinated.  It’s just that the Delta variant spreads so easily..I won’t be surprised if we are back to 200,000 daily cases for the US and maybe 3,000 cases daily for PA by late next week. 

And just to note, the vast majority of those who are vaccinated, got Covid, and are hospitalized (which still is not very many people) have significant preexisting conditions. 

• Like 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Mask mandate penalizes those who are vaccinated.  

Isn’t it “we’re all in this together?” 

Trust me I’m not in favor of having to put a mask back on as someone who’s vaccinated, but if the issue is non vaccinated people spreading to to vaccinated people virally, that’s the only solution I see satisfying both sides until the vaccination rate is met (which I don’t see happening). I don’t think completely segregating a group out of people on their individual health choices is the right answer and will only cause further issues which I’m sure will be met with a binder full of lawsuits. 

but, until it happens in PA we don’t have to deal with it so it’s business as usual. 

No it’s the issue of asymtopatic vaccinated people spreading it to unvaccinated people.  Anyway here’s an interesting article and we aren’t all in this together.  The large percentage of the population refusing to get vaccinated is prolonging this pandemic and allowing for new variants to mutate. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/08/02/de-blasio-gets-it-right-focus-on-jabs-not-harmful-mask-mandates/amp/

1 hour ago, mbike-ski said:

I have to close my ears and mouth at work, one of the owners is upset that the vaccinated are carriers and spreading to the unvaccinated...

Unvaccinated are carriers but not spreading to the unvaccinated? or to anybody for that matter?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

I noticed that last night...went to target and tj Maxx (I may or may not be a maxinista). 75 to 80 percent of people were masked...compared to knoebles last weekend where no one was masked. 

I know at Target and wegmans it’s recommended and not required.  I feel for the fully vaccinated employees who could finally go maskless a month or two ago. 

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Couldn’t imagine spending hundreds of dollars on something that you could get for free. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Couldn’t imagine spending hundreds of dollars on something that you could get for free. 

Right? 

I really would love to figure out exactly what is going through some of these people's heads. I mean if you're willing to shell out cash for something you can realistically get for free or just photoshop yourself then you've got an extremely strongly held belief system which in some ways is admirable. 

19 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I'm going to the Phillies game tonight, and I'll be interested to see what the mask situation looks like.  My kids are going to be pissed, but they'll probably have to wear one I'm assuming.  

I doubt that..it’s outdoors. There’s no statewide mask mandate.  It’s up to individual businesses.  At Musikfest they’re requiring masks outdoors. I was at wegmans earlier and I bet 2/3 of the folks were wearing masks. They still have the old sign saying vaccinated folks don’t need a mask and also new sign saying masks are recommended.  I asked an employee and yes employees have to wear them and optional for customers.  

1 hour ago, NMSKI said:

I'm going to the Phillies game tonight, and I'll be interested to see what the mask situation looks like.  My kids are going to be pissed, but they'll probably have to wear one I'm assuming.  

I'm going tomorrow. There isn't anything on the website saying that masks are required but it recommends unvaccinated people wear one. There were hardly any masks at all when I went to a game a month or so ago.