Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

12 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

There’s a surprise 🙄

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Where the major increases are occurring. 

SmartSelect_20210807-073941_Chrome.jpg

Louisiana and Florida are on fire.  Texas is next to be on fire although some of the border towns like El Paso that were ravaged by Covid before have super high vaccination rates and should come out of this wave decently.  I’m seeing that this current wave is going to peak around mid September.  

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Louisiana and Florida are on fire.  Texas is next to be on fire although some of the border towns like El Paso that were ravaged by Covid before have super high vaccination rates and should come out of this wave decently.  I’m seeing that this current wave is going to peak around mid September.  

Appears other countries are already falling 

SmartSelect_20210807-115722_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Appears other countries are already falling 

SmartSelect_20210807-115722_Chrome.jpg

I'm not sure that pure case numbers are really a good indicator right now. I think both hospitalizations/cases would be a more useful metric at this point. And then break that down into vaccinated vs unvaccinated. My guess is that this metric would be very low. 

58 minutes ago, Schif said:

I'm not sure that pure case numbers are really a good indicator right now. I think both hospitalizations/cases would be a more useful metric at this point. And then break that down into vaccinated vs unvaccinated. My guess is that this metric would be very low. 

A record number of people are hospitalized in Florida right now.  I believe about 13,000

A record number of people are hospitalized in Florida right now.  I believe about 13,000

My son and daughter-in-law just left to go back to Sacramento after visiting for 2 weeks. She constantly got ‘all call’ texts from her hospital asking any available nurse to schedule additional shifts. They are starting to get a bunch of pediatric Covid patients.

For a work, I’m KC this weekend and heading to Dallas for the first half of next week.

I get a chuckle on how KC has an indoor mask mandate for restaurants, but once you are at you seat at bar you are shoulder to shoulder seating(100% capacity)…. But you need to put your mask back on while walking back out :) ??

8 minutes ago, pcklein31 said:

For a work, I’m KC this weekend and heading to Dallas for the first half of next week.

I get a chuckle on how KC has an indoor mask mandate for restaurants, but once you are at you seat at bar you are shoulder to shoulder seating(100% capacity)…. But you need to put your mask back on while walking back out :) ??

That’s how it used to be here.  When I visited family in Arlington VA a few weeks ago my niece and nephew who are not vaccinated wear masks for the 15 seconds from the entrance of the restaurant to the table.  That will save them from the Covid. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C1erArt said:

My son and daughter-in-law just left to go back to Sacramento after visiting for 2 weeks. She constantly got ‘all call’ texts from her hospital asking any available nurse to schedule additional shifts. They are starting to get a bunch of pediatric Covid patients.

It’s getting scary with all the pediatric patients. Southern states are getting hammered with younger people. We could beat this if folks would just get vaccinated. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 11:08 PM, momskeeztoo said:

It’s getting scary with all the pediatric patients. Southern states are getting hammered with younger people. We could beat this if folks would just get vaccinated. 

A lot of the anti vaxxers are concerned that the vaccines aren’t approved by the FDA but they put wads of chewing tobacco in their gums, eat super processed foods from the piggly wiggly, have unprotected sex and can are upset that the lyrics to cheeseburger in paradise don’t contain mayo and bacon...SMH

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

A lot of the anti vaxxers are concerned that the vaccines aren’t approved by the FDA but they put wads of chewing tobacco in their gums, eat super processed foods from the piggly wiggly, have unprotected sex and can are upset that the lyrics to cheeseburger in paradise don’t contain mayo and bacon...SMH

When they receive full approval from the FDA in a few weeks then what will they use as an excuse? 

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Right, i mean know one knows what the fuck is in scrapple, but people gobble that shit up like candy.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Then its "they dont trust the FDA"

Maybe this will inspire a new generation to go to school for 12 years to become pharmaceutical scientists and learn about drugs and vaccines down to the molecule so they have a full understanding of how they work. 

Eh that sounds like a lot. they'll probably just check out some social media instead. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The entire natural dietary supplement industry is unregulated by the FDA, unless a supplement is obviously killing people like ephedra does.
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, C1erArt said:

The entire natural dietary supplement industry is unregulated by the FDA, unless a supplement is obviously killing people like ephedra does.

I know somebody who is a self proclaimed Facebook health guru with barely his GED who claims milk thistle is the cure for everything. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

The one unvaccinated individual in our office gobbles up some protein powder stuff every morning, and i had the same thoughts.  Mystery powder shake thing is ok, but vaccine bad.