Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

I am finalizing all the covid hoops I have to jump through for my trip next week.  Had to upload our vaccination cards, then fill out a very detailed form for contact tracing purposes.  Was then emailed a QR code I need to scan to enter Switzerland.  We have a layover in Frankfurt and Germany just increased their levels of restrictions.  Since we will not be entering Germany, I just have to fill out another form.  I also made our appointment for our covid test to reenter the US as there are only 3 places in Zermatt that offer this service and I didn't want to wait until we got there, just in case.  

The airline did not send me any of this information, it just said it was the travelers responsibility to know all entry requirements of the countries traveled to.  I admit, it was not an easy process to figure out, and I hope I have everything I need.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Barb said:

The airline did not send me any of this information, it just said it was the travelers responsibility to know all entry requirements of the countries traveled to. 

crazy, hopefully no more curveballs. sounds like you've got it under control. enjoy the trip!

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Barb said:

I am finalizing all the covid hoops I have to jump through for my trip next week.  Had to upload our vaccination cards, then fill out a very detailed form for contact tracing purposes.  Was then emailed a QR code I need to scan to enter Switzerland.  We have a layover in Frankfurt and Germany just increased their levels of restrictions.  Since we will not be entering Germany, I just have to fill out another form.  I also made our appointment for our covid test to reenter the US as there are only 3 places in Zermatt that offer this service and I didn't want to wait until we got there, just in case.  

The airline did not send me any of this information, it just said it was the travelers responsibility to know all entry requirements of the countries traveled to.  I admit, it was not an easy process to figure out, and I hope I have everything I need.

Sort of reminds me of the payroll protection program process...we had almost no guidance from the bank or my accountant so I researched everything online, filled out all the forms and submitted everything and three weeks later it was approved..

Barb I’m looking forward to your trip report.  I’m jonsing to travel..it’s been a grueling 4 month stretch at work since my Colorado trip. 

• Love 1

58 minutes ago, Barb said:

Pretty pumped that you still get to go even with all of COVID stuff and health stuff that popped up for. Looking forward to the incoming pictures 🙌

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I guess everyone is getting tested after the big holiday weekend.  

There will be a little lag for the holiday weekend.  Test positivity rate is like 13% though and 2,000+ people hospitalized with Covid in PA.  Seems like PA will hit its peak for the Delta V later this month and plateau then probably another spike during the holidays.   I had a customer who had a loved one who was 52 die of Covid in Arizona and he died of internal bleeding.  His entire family got it I think from a traveling sports team but only the dad had it bad and was hospitalized. 

Here are quotes from people who lost children or parents at 9/11

It's a shame," he said. "Are they kidding me? 3,000 people died, plus we have more people dying from the air that was down there … They're comparing it to score points politically. The families are really [angry]. When I talk to them, when they compare it to that, they find that outrageous."

"It’s unfortunate because we’re coming up in the 20th anniversary," said Debra Burlingame, whose brother Charles Burlingame was murdered while piloting American Airlines Flight 77, the plane that crashed into the Pentagon. "There are a lot of young people who have no living memory of 9/11 … When you have all these comparisons and analogies, which are inflated and ridiculous, it minimizes what actually happened, and that’s what’s happening here. It’s a deliberate ploy."

Burlingame penned a scathing Wall Street Journal op-ed about comparing the dates in May, noting the staggering "destruction and heartbreaking loss" on 9/11.

"It is deeply offensive and sad that the brutal and harrowing memories of the worst terrorist attack in American history are being deployed by political partisans," she wrote.

They just dehumanize our families for political gain," he said. "I guess they call it gaslighting. They can say these things that will make people believe that these riots were worse than the worst thing that happened on American soil. Either they're ignorant or they're just really devious and clever, and you can put nothing past them, because if you're willing to lie to that degree … It's a disturbing trend to me."

"I saw people jumping out. I saw the sides of the buildings explode. I saw papers floating in the wind, and i tried to call my cousin," he said. "No one picked up … The terror, the carnage, the horror of 9/11, 20 years ago. They've forgotten or they think the rest of us have forgotten."

Don Arias, whose brother Adam died on 9/11 while working on the 84th floor of the South Tower, told Fox News it makes his "blood boil" that anyone of any political stripe would make that comparison.

"Clear thinking people see these inflammatory statements as the bulls--t they are," Arias said. "There’s no comparison." 

Riches' son died on 9/11, but it wasn't until March 25, 2002 that he and his three other sons carried pieces of Jimmy's body out of the rubble at Ground Zero. More than 1,000 other families never got remains to bury.

In contrast, after the riot was quelled in January, the Senate finished its business that night and certified Biden as the president-elect.

@mbike-ski, @toast21602, @NMSKI, @mute1080

• Love 1

38 minutes ago, Barb said:

Had to show my negative Covid test at 3 checkpoints transiting thru Germany. Did not need to show at all in US. 

Because for some reason some folks liken that sorta thing to the taking away of freedoms as opposed to what it actually is...an effort to protect others and curb a pandemic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Because for some reason some folks liken that sorta thing to the taking away of freedoms as opposed to what it actually is...an effort to protect others and curb a pandemic. 

**Devil's advocate alert***

But can't it be both? 

22 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

5198 new cases in PA or 17 times the amount as 6/17

This is crazy!  Would have been nice if we nipped it in the bud when we had the chance, but I guess if you haven't had it you're gonna get it.  Vaccination will keep you from dying, but won't keep you from getting it.  Might as well do what our parents did when we were kids with chicken pox and get it over with already.