Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

28 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

This is crazy!  Would have been nice if we nipped it in the bud when we had the chance, but I guess if you haven't had it you're gonna get it.  Vaccination will keep you from dying, but won't keep you from getting it.  Might as well do what our parents did when we were kids with chicken pox and get it over with already.  

Well the Delta variant is no joke.  Have your kids recovered ok?  My delivery driver is dealing with Covid with his kids.  He and his wife might have it as well.  All but one family who was in my office this week was maskless which was nice and the one masked family didn’t make me wear one.  

My philly teacher friend never stopped wearing a mask and was at a comedy show in AC last night and was surprised that almost everybody was maskless.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Well the Delta variant is no joke.  Have your kids recovered ok?  My delivery driver is dealing with Covid with his kids.  He and his wife might have it as well.  All but one family who was in my office this week was maskless which was nice and the one masked family didn’t make me wear one.  

My philly teacher friend never stopped wearing a mask and was at a comedy show in AC last night and was surprised that almost everybody was maskless.  

The kids recovered fine.  My son (who has asthma and all kinds of other shit) never even felt sick.  Daughter who was in between her 2 shots felt shitty for 2 days.  My wife who was fully vaccinated (although early on) was the sickest of everyone and she's negative now but still coughing and shit and taste and smell coming back.  She feels all right.  Somehow I dodged it at home.  On Monday I got a call from my jiu jitsu school that someone I trained very closely with had covid symptoms, but I'm still feeling good now so I guess I ducked it again.  

I still wear a mask where required for the safety of others but I'm fully accepting of the risk to myself at this point.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

The kids recovered fine.  My son (who has asthma and all kinds of other shit) never even felt sick.  Daughter who was in between her 2 shots felt shitty for 2 days.  My wife who was fully vaccinated (although early on) was the sickest of everyone and she's negative now but still coughing and shit and taste and smell coming back.  She feels all right.  Somehow I dodged it at home.  On Monday I got a call from my jiu jitsu school that someone I trained very closely with had covid symptoms, but I'm still feeling good now so I guess I ducked it again.  

I still wear a mask where required for the safety of others but I'm fully accepting of the risk to myself at this point.  

I’ve been around many people throughout the pandemic who got Covid and been fine..the one girl I was hanging out with at the bar about three weeks ago and hugged a few times came down with it a few days later and got it real bad but she’s unvaxxed.  The vaccination rate seems high amoung intelligent circles but a lot of non senior citizens in PA without college degrees aren’t vaxxed.    It’s hard for parents when their kids get it cause they can’t just lock their kid in their room for a week...delivery guy said he’s been sleeping in the RV. 

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ve been around many people throughout the pandemic who got Covid and been fine..the one girl I was hanging out with at the bar about three weeks ago and hugged a few times came down with it a few days later and got it real bad but she’s unvaxxed.  The vaccination rate seems high amoung intelligent circles but a lot of non senior citizens in PA without college degrees aren’t vaxxed.    It’s hard for parents when their kids get it cause they can’t just lock their kid in their room for a week...delivery guy said he’s been sleeping in the RV. 

Nice option to have the rv.  I slept in the guest room for one night and then said fuck it since I was already exposed before anyway. 

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

That’s a hot take. 

It's fairly substantiated

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/unvaccinated-america-in-5-charts/

The chart below shows the percentage of different education groups saying they definitely will not be getting the vaccine

image.png.3813fae6f8fb7fd901447b4182427e4c.png

Edited by Schif
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Schif said:

It's fairly substantiated

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/unvaccinated-america-in-5-charts/

The chart below shows the percentage of different education groups saying they definitely will not be getting the vaccine

image.png.3813fae6f8fb7fd901447b4182427e4c.png

What is “some degree” on that chart though? Associates degree? GED? 

1 hour ago, Schif said:

My best guess for what "some degree" would be both associates and started but didn't finish a 4 year degree. 

I think they usually just classify that as some college...I’ll never knock associates degrees because some of them moved way up on the ladder with jobs that now require a bachelors degree with less time and cost involved.  

Boggles the mind.   They want COVID to end, yet they're allowing this? 
100k people all in close proximity to one another and they're not super-spreader events?
All about the almighty dollar... 
Hospitals are mandating workers get vaccinated, even pregnant women, yet they allow maskless visitors to stay for as long as they want at any time of day.
The hypocrisy never ends.

When is Penn State football's 2021 White-Out Game? | Centre Daily Times

13 hours ago, indiggio said:

Boggles the mind.   They want COVID to end, yet they're allowing this? 
100k people all in close proximity to one another and they're not super-spreader events?
All about the almighty dollar... 
Hospitals are mandating workers get vaccinated, even pregnant women, yet they allow maskless visitors to stay for as long as they want at any time of day.
The hypocrisy never ends.

When is Penn State football's 2021 White-Out Game? | Centre Daily Times

If only they would all understand, we just need two more weeks to flatten the curve.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Vails policy this year is no reservations, chairlifts will be cozy, and masks indoors. 

my guess is, most will follow suit with similar guidelines. 

Vails rules seem totally reasonable.  Glad about the no mask outside thing.  Last season was foggy goggle city for me.

9 minutes ago, Barb said:

Also proof of vaccination indoors. Hopefully we can show a screen shot. 

I wonder if a lot of these places will start to use Clear.  I got a text from rite aid to set it up for quick entry to concerts and ballgames and was considering doing it but wanted to look into it more first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Vails policy this year is no reservations, chairlifts will be cozy, and masks indoors. 

my guess is, most will follow suit with similar guidelines. 

I doubt blue will require masks indoors.  My parents were just in Boulder and they have indoor mask mandates there.  Not like here which is a free for all. 

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Even with your out west goggles?  It wasn’t for me because I was always up with goggles the second I got to liftline. 

My out west goggles saved my ass no doubt, but I had to make sure they were always charged and it was one more thing to worry about.  

9 hours ago, NMSKI said:

I wonder if a lot of these places will start to use Clear.  I got a text from rite aid to set it up for quick entry to concerts and ballgames and was considering doing it but wanted to look into it more first.

I have not heard of this but makes sense. I would think without quickly scanning a QR code, there will be a line to get in with a human verifying vaccine info. Because in addition to showing your card I assume you will also have to show ID