Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

45 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Do masks have to be made of a certain material or meet any specifications?  I have, and know how to use a sewing machine.  Makes me want to get involved in helping somehow.  

I’ve been talking with my friend who’s married to a Physician this is what he said about the masks Meaghan is sewing. 

C98844BE-AFDC-4BA1-A4AB-7B3191950E9F.png

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I think all go the distilleries in the LV have switched to that too. Eight Oaks is a local place that really jumped out early to do this and is producing a ton of products, so I gave them a couple bucks to continue doing that and bought a bottle of bourbon. Win-win. Cool place to hang in the summer, too. 

Are they still selling bourbon?? Asking for a friend. 

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

People who have made over $75k a year, year after year should at least have some money set aside in an emergency fund for living expenses???  Ideally thAt would b the case right??  

Seriously, "emergency fund"? It's so typical for this country.

Think about it. People who made over $75K a year ($150K really for families) were likewise paying shitload of taxes, so surely can too expect a hand rather than a finger in a dire situation, right? Perhaps even proportional to their past contributions or a last month pay because hey, that's what they're gonna be missing these days, the last month pay. The other extreme, a bum leaving under a bridge hardly experienced any dramatic change in his life. He didn't work, he doesn't work. So what again is he supposed to be compensated here for?

Plus, gross income reported in 2018 or 2019 tax years may not really be an accurate indication of a person's current living situation.

1 hour ago, eaf said:

Why did they take those tests?

Because they somehow were able too. I didn’t ask. It’s not my business. 

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Where did they go?  There was and continues to be a mass exodus of people from NY and NJ to Pa and we don’t have signs telling them to go home like in VT. I’ve never seen so many NY license plates in the western Lehigh valley. 

I’m starting to get used to going into work at the crack of 1.  Been working harder at selling memorial stones over the phone.   Actually beat last weeks dismal sales yesterday.  Lady called who wanted info and I ended up taking a deposit over the phone for a memorial stone.  I said when the dust settles we will be slammed get your order in now and you will be front of the line..voice mails and calls at work used to be a pain in the ass now it’s an opportunity.  

Two days ago the sandblast facility in Vermont who does all of our artwork and inscription said they’d be open until people start getting sick..yesterday they announced they were shutting down until at least mid April.  That’s the start of future log jams and back ups.   Trucking company we use is afraid to go into NY and PA since non essential. We can’t deliver cause non essential..with sandblast company shut down at least we aren’t getting a couple grand a week in new bills from them. 

I believe they’re staying with family? Not really sure. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eaf said:

Think about it. People who made over $75K a year ($150K really for families) were likewise paying shitload of taxes, so surely can too expect a hand rather than a finger in a dire situation, right? Perhaps even proportional to their past contributions or a last month pay because hey, that's what they're gonna be missing these days, the last month pay. The other extreme, a bum leaving under a bridge hardly experienced any dramatic change in his life. He didn't work, he doesn't work. So what again is he supposed to be compensated here for?

Plus, gross income reported in 2018 or 2019 tax years may not really be an accurate indication of a person's current living situation.

I believe funds will still be distributed to individuals who make up to $99k and families $198k, just lesser amounts.

41 minutes ago, eaf said:

That’s true since the government doesn’t know about under the table money people make. Anyway I feel like for $20-75k peeps that $1200 is more meaningful than folks making six figures.   I always thought you’re supposed to have six months living expenses liquid in case shit hits the fan.   I know most don’t but I’ve always read that.  I feel like a lot of people my age have most of their savings in a retirement account and don’t have a savings account with maybe $15k or more just in case.  I could be wrong.  I don’t think bums are gonna get this stimulus money and that’s a pretty harsh word to call the homeless. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

$200k families don’t need $1200 what’s that gonna do pay their luxury SUV lease payments. I’m gonna get the $1200 and I don’t need it but I’ll take it. 

If you make over $200K as a family and are still living paycheck to paycheck, that is YOUR problem and your lifestyle is inflated beyond what it should be and you are probably in debt because of "keeping up with the Joneses" or trying to impress other people.  Tough shit I say.  

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

Wow. $1.00. Don't spend it all in one place.

I hope it’s a paper check...can go into the bank and the teller will ask you how you want it.  Like in the movie BIG when he gets a $187 paycheck and gets a $100 and 87 ones lol. That movie is so old in the scenese when they are in a boardroom people are smoking cigs 

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I hope it’s a paper check...can go into the bank and the teller will ask you how you want it.  Like in the movie BIG when he gets a $187 paycheck and gets a $100 and 87 ones lol. That movie is so old in the scenese when they are in a boardroom people are smoking cigs 

That piano that they danced on was like a modern marvel of technology.  I remember being amazed by that.

• Like 2

Just now, NMSKI said:

If you make over $200K as a family and are still living paycheck to paycheck, that is YOUR problem and your lifestyle is inflated beyond what it should be and you are probably in debt because of "keeping up with the Joneses" or trying to impress other people.  Tough shit I say.  

100% agree and these people are obviously at least semi smart to have jobs that provide that sort of income they’re just ignorant and frivolous.  Probably not even doing no heat November..when I was a bad gambler and also didn’t make much money I had some serious financial stress.  Eliminating that the last several years has been freaking amazing. When I got my last profit sharing atomic Jeff was like buy these kastles buy Ikon pass do this and that..the only balling out I did was takeout from the Outback Steakhouse.  I’ll get the kastles in the fall..

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I have a friend with a fairly decent credit card balance at a high percentage rate telling me how he gets "free" airline miles. With what he pays in interest every year he could pay for a whole trip out west not just the airfare with restrictions. :rolleyes:

Never borrow money for things that depreciate. And yes that includes a car.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

I have a friend with a fairly decent credit card balance at a high percentage rate telling me how he gets "free" airline miles. With what he pays in interest every year he could pay for a whole trip out west not just the airfare with restrictions. :rolleyes:

Never borrow money for things that depreciate. And yes that includes a car.

What does he have like a $20k balance? Also why are you friends with people like this.  All my friends are good at Maths

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What does he have like a $20k balance? Also why are you friends with people like this.  All my friends are good at Maths

You would be surprised how many of your friends have CC balances. Just look at the national average. And how many lease their cars? The most expensive way to not own a car.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

You would be surprised how many of your friends have CC balances. Just look at the national average. And how many lease their cars? The most expensive way to not own a car.

I’ve always leased a car since I was 19 although the last couple years I’ve had a company car. I like having new maintenance free cars. I don’t care about owning things just want money in the bank. Most of my friends seem to use debit cards and I’ve never even had one.  Just ATM cards and credit cards.  I actually pay my credit card bill every two weeks over the phone..yeah I’m an ok boomer. 

4 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

And how many lease their cars? The most expensive way to not own a car.

Debatable.  I'm going to simplify this as I've typed this too many times.  I've leased 3 cars, 3 years each.  The sum of those lease payments is about $2k higher than the cost of one of the cars new.  In that time, I've had $0 in maintenance costs, as all the cars are under warranty and covered by a maintenance plan.  Haven't even paid for windshield wipers.  If I would've purchased that car in cash and owned it for 9 years, my maintenance costs alone would sure as hell exceed $2k.  Sure, there is *some* value left in that vehicle after 9 years, but insignificant.  Certainly not enough to counter the "peace of mind" having 3 new cars without any issues or unexpected costs for 9 years.  To each his own.

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

I was going to say since Trump's inauguration.  

lol I'll never forget the emergency press conference the following day to spew lies about the size of the crowd. Knew it was all downhill from there.

RIP Sean Spicer

Edited by toast21602