Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

I don’t think bars and restaurants are closed in Lehigh county.  Toast I will say I think that Allentown having the west end pub crawl Saturday afternoon was irresponsible as like 200 people are jammed inside small bars.  I also saw that police had to breakup large gatherings in the streets of New Orleans over the weekend.  

I’m going into work in a minute and office manager is back from her Florida trip. We still have to provide a high quality of service to our dealers and customers but I’m not taking any appointments in the office at least for the next two weeks. Most of our business is through the mail anyway...if people stop into pay their balance or request info I’ll have to figure it out. I expect shit to be a bit chaotic.  We’re lucky that we have the cash flow that I could pay my two employees for several months with no new business but other businesses may have to do temporary layoffs where employees have to collect unemployment.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don’t think bars and restaurants are closed in Lehigh county.  Toast I will say I think that Allentown having the west end pub crawl Saturday afternoon was irresponsible as like 200 people are jammed inside small bars.  I also saw that police had to breakup large gatherings in the streets of New Orleans over the weekend.  

I’m going into work in a minute and office manager is back from her Florida trip. We still have to provide a high quality of service to our dealers and customers but I’m not taking any appointments in the office at least for the next two weeks. Most of our business is through the mail anyway...if people stop into pay their balance or request info I’ll have to figure it out. I expect shit to be a bit chaotic.  We’re lucky that we have the cash flow that I could pay my two employees for several months with no new business but other businesses may have to do temporary layoffs where employees have to collect unemployment.  

Luckily you aren't running a business where there are congregating people. It is super low-risk where you are, but it is nice to see that you are taking it as seriously as it should be. 

Wash you hands and disinfect electronics and door knobs! 

1 minute ago, eaf said:

Did toast just compliment GSS? The world is definitely ending.

I've given him more 'likes' for his response to this pandemic than I have given you 'confused' for your stupid responses. And I''ve been generous with the confused faces. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Luckily you aren't running a business where there are congregating people. It is super low-risk where you are, but it is nice to see that you are taking it as seriously as it should be. 

Wash you hands and disinfect electronics and door knobs! 

My fear is more that me or office manager contract the virus and pass it on to one of the 80+ year olds who are frequently in our office.  We work with mainly funeral homes and they’ll obviously continue to work everyday. 

Its still chaotic. Been talking to my friend who does residential leasing and hard for her to work from home but she said she’s keeping her office door closed plus with kids off school(daycare likely closed) it’s hard for parents.  So losing a few days of ski season is the least of it..

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

19 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I've given him more 'likes' for his response to this pandemic than I have given you 'confused' for your stupid responses. And I''ve been generous with the confused faces. 

Oh good, ‘cause I started to worry if it was a symptom or something... Carry on.

• Love 1

Just now, Shadows said:

That's what I thought "national emergency meant" isnt it a specific label? Opens up funds. New laws in effect etc

If you enact those laws, then yes. It has been done in cities and states, but not nationally. there is only one person that can do that and that person has been behind the curve with this whole things so far... calling it a 'hoax' only two weeks ago.

from my understanding, declaring a state of emergency opens up new avenues for funding that would not be available under normal circumstances. it also allows enacting certain measures without going through the normal checks and balances process that our government is designed around. however, those measures still need to be enacted, which i think is what toast is getting at. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

from my understanding, declaring a state of emergency opens up new avenues for funding that would not be available under normal circumstances. it also allows enacting certain measures without going through the normal checks and balances process that our government is designed around. however, those measures still need to be enacted, which i think is what toast is getting at. 

Correct. Beyond funding, there must be restrictions. 

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

For what it’s worth Lehigh county state of emergency announcement by county executive Phillips Armstrong was pretty worthless and like a lot of olds he licked his finger multiple times when turning pages. 

You don't wash your hands after going to the bathroom and then put them in bags of chips in the parking lot at Blue. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Can you be classified as essential? Don't you distribute bottled water? 

Still trying to get confirmation but we believe we are essential with food and water. Worst case we will hopefully be delivery or curbside pick up. Talked to our neighbor the State Stores and they will be closing.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

You don't wash your hands after going to the bathroom and then put them in bags of chips in the parking lot at Blue. 

Yeah like 75% of the PASR men don’t wash their hands after they pee..maybe more since most do their pissing in the lot and plenty lick their fingers while eating..

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich