Jump to content

Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update


toast21602

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

along the lines of this?

image.jpeg.9c65443a0a01dd490499ef367705ecf9.jpeg

that's a google maps car, no? the ones on 476 definitely have more crap on the roof than the other photo posted. I'm waiting for a letter in the mail; i think i mighta got popped this weekend. anyone remember the google maps snowmobile rig from a few years ago?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My mom got a warning in the mail from one of those speed camera jeeps on 95 right before the Delaware state line last summer. They claim it was an "active" work zone but there wasn't a sole working there. First violation is a warning second is $75 fine and it goes up from there. No points on your license.

I got into an ugly argument with the local do nothing state rep about it. I'm all for worker safety and he tried turning it around that I don't care about highway workers and support careless driving. No, I just find it wrong you have signs lit as "active work zone" when there is no work taking place just so you can use speed cameras. No different than a BS speed trap for revenue.

 

Edited by skifreak
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, skifreak said:

My mom got a warning in the mail from one of those speed camera jeeps on 95 right before the Delaware state line last summer. They claim it was an "active" work zone but there wasn't a sole working there. First violation is a warning second is $75 fine and it goes up from there. No points on your license.

I got into an ugly argument with the local do nothing state rep about it. I'm all for worker safety and he tried turning it around that I don't care about highway workers and support careless driving. No, I just find it wrong you have signs lit as "active work zone" when there is no work taking place just so you can use speed cameras. No different than a BS speed trap for revenue.

 

Who’s your state rep?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, skifreak said:

My mom got a warning in the mail from one of those speed camera jeeps on 95 right before the Delaware state line last summer. They claim it was an "active" work zone but there wasn't a sole working there. First violation is a warning second is $75 fine and it goes up from there. No points on your license.

I got into an ugly argument with the local do nothing state rep about it. I'm all for worker safety and he tried turning it around that I don't care about highway workers and support careless driving. No, I just find it wrong you have signs lit as "active work zone" when there is no work taking place just so you can use speed cameras. No different than a BS speed trap for revenue.

 

Mako?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Who’s your state rep?

 

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Mako?

Gary Day actually.

I don't understand how he even stays in office. People even in his own party don't have anything good to say about him. This summer while people were struggling to get unemployment they would contact his office for assistance. He would never get back to them personally, he left it up to his two secretaries.

Another local business owner told me a few people were so mad about the unemployment situation they showed up to his house. Here during the work week, he was floating around his pool at his big house.

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, skifreak said:

 

Gary Day actually.

I don't understand how he even stays in office. People even in his own party don't have anything good to say about him. This summer while people were struggling to get unemployment they would contact his office for assistance. He would never get back to them personally, he left it up to his two secretaries.

Another local business owner told me a few people were so mad about the unemployment situation they showed up to his house. Here during the work week, he was floating around his pool at his big house.

Being a state rep is a pretty good gig.  $80k plus a year and you’re only in Harrisburg a few days a week and get paid mileage and a per diem. Plus if you are a state rep ten or more years you get a state pension. The only state rep I know is Mike Schlossberg who’s the state rep for the west end of Allentown, some of center city and south Whitehall. He works tirelessly and is at like every single chamber of commerce ribbon cutting.  

EAEBB75B-4B51-4115-8C82-F92F193AB852.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Being a state rep is a pretty good gig.  $80k plus a year and you’re only in Harrisburg a few days a week and get paid mileage and a per diem. Plus if you are a state rep ten or more years you get a state pension. The only state rep I know is Mike Schlossberg who’s the state rep for the west end of Allentown, some of center city and south Whitehall. He works tirelessly and is at like every single chamber of commerce ribbon cutting.  

EAEBB75B-4B51-4115-8C82-F92F193AB852.jpeg

He seems like a decent person. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Being a state rep is a pretty good gig.  $80k plus a year and you’re only in Harrisburg a few days a week and get paid mileage and a per diem. Plus if you are a state rep ten or more years you get a state pension. The only state rep I know is Mike Schlossberg who’s the state rep for the west end of Allentown, some of center city and south Whitehall. He works tirelessly and is at like every single chamber of commerce ribbon cutting. 

A few businesses up this way got together to try and form a chamber of commerce. They invited Gary Day several times and he never would show. Conveniently, he showed up to one meeting in an election year and tried soliciting donations. There are some people who run for office because they care and want to try and make a difference. Others do it for all the wrong reasons.

All I wanted to know from him is what happens if they expand the use of these cameras and someone on a test drive gets caught speeding on one of my dealer tags. You going to send me the ticket a month later and make me pay? He didn't know what to say and said he'd get back to me. I've been waiting since July and still no response.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like 1st offense is a warning, 2nd is $75, 3rd and every one after that is $150. I just wonder how many miles over for a violation and how long before the fine comes in the mail? I’ve been driving by there every weekend since CB opened and I can guarantee I’ve been going well over 55. Coming home Sunday probably 30 over as the light traffic was really moving.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

Looks like 1st offense is a warning, 2nd is $75, 3rd and every one after that is $150. I just wonder how many miles over for a violation and how long before the fine comes in the mail? I’ve been driving by there every weekend since CB opened and I can guarantee I’ve been going well over 55. Coming home Sunday probably 30 over as the light traffic was really moving.

They get ya 10 or above the speed limit

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

I just wonder how many miles over for a violation and how long before the fine comes in the mail? 

If you are 11 mph or more over you will get it no later than 30 days after they caught you. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

Is it just heading south?

If you google penndot speed cameras they will list the locations where they are in use statewide. I guess thats a requurement in order to ticket you, they consider it fair warning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, skifreak said:

If you google penndot speed cameras they will list the locations where they are in use statewide. I guess thats a requurement in order to ticket you, they consider it fair warning.

I did, it just says between miles 31-38. I know I saw the one when I was heading south in the daylight. I’ve never seen one heading north, but it’s usually dark then.

Edited by poconoceancity
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, skifreak said:

A few businesses up this way got together to try and form a chamber of commerce. They invited Gary Day several times and he never would show. Conveniently, he showed up to one meeting in an election year and tried soliciting donations. There are some people who run for office because they care and want to try and make a difference. Others do it for all the wrong reasons.

All I wanted to know from him is what happens if they expand the use of these cameras and someone on a test drive gets caught speeding on one of my dealer tags. You going to send me the ticket a month later and make me pay? He didn't know what to say and said he'd get back to me. I've been waiting since July and still no response.

 

I’ll trade you a blue buddy pass for a dealer tag.  Just like my past 3 screwdrivers, fleet department went into my desk on my off day and took my tag.  A few days later they were polite enough to inform me the tag fell off near Pittsburgh and is lost forever

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, theprogram4 said:

I’ve seen them in both directions for the past 2 weeks, will observe and report tomorrow

Thank you! I’m hoping at night with traffic I’ve been 65 or under. It’s been over a month with nothing in the mail so hopefully it might only be one or two.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, theprogram4 said:

I’ll trade you a blue buddy pass for a dealer tag.  Just like my past 3 screwdrivers, fleet department went into my desk on my off day and took my tag.  A few days later they were polite enough to inform me the tag fell off near Pittsburgh and is lost forever

Not sure what is worse. Telling penndot your temp tags or dealer tags are stolen/lost lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

Thank you! I’m hoping at night with traffic I’ve been 65 or under. It’s been over a month with nothing in the mail so hopefully it might only be one or two.

In my observation, they have been very consistent on Thursday afternoons this season, Thursday mornings have been hit or miss.  Sunday mornings they are never seen but I was caught off guard seeing them the past 2 Sunday afternoons

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

I have only heard of these unicorns.  are they parked or mobile?  some type of device on the roof?

They’re parked in the construction zones, almost looks like a survey vehicle. Ben’s post hit the nail on the head, maybe another radar dome or two on it. 

6 hours ago, Benm said:

they are parked with a big array of shit on the top of the roof. always white and unmarked but clearly visible if you pay attn.

i feel like they have even more stuff on the top than this photo.

automated-work-zone-speed-enforcement-1572452050.jpg

That would be it..... I was in a pack of cars and we were all moving 65 through the construction zone (my fault, I know). Didn’t notice it until the last second and had a sleeper cab behind me so didn’t hit the brakes. I like the bed of my truck the length it is now and not any shorter 😂.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...