Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

20 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s crazy and McKean only 6 cases.  We’ll be talking about corona shit this next ski season still...

I hope we're not but you're probably right. One thing PASR definitely does right are ski trips (with corresponding TR). Will be interesting to see if those happen. I'm hopeful but who the hell knows.

Sullivan county has only 1 traffic light in the whole county.  I could see 5 traffic lights out my old apartment window lol.  Also, Sullivan county is one of only two counties in the state to have no railroad service of any kind.  Still not the least populated county though, Cameron is

22 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

True although Jim Thorpe and Lehighton are really low (35 or so total between the two of them) and folks are definitely much closer than they are on the mountain. In other Carbon County Covid 19 related news, Mahoning Valley Cinema is closed for good which is a huge bummer.

Now the total cases also counts people who got the corona 6 weeks ago and have since recovered.  One of my FB friends who’s kind of aloof got corona..she’s a nurse and her son got it as well.  Her son is recovered and she’s still suffering from it and her 70 year old parents are now watching the son...so I got curious as she’s like my 80th best friend so I barely even text with her and I scrolled back through her Facebook and posts of her at her lake house in Saylorsburg and going to stores and all that I guess during the time she was tested and received results. 

Now that makes about five people i know of who have got coronavirus.  She lives in fountain hill. 

14 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Sullivan county has only 1 traffic light in the whole county.  I could see 5 traffic lights out my old apartment window lol.  Also, Sullivan county is one of only two counties in the state to have no railroad service of any kind.  Still not the least populated county though, Cameron is

It used to! 

20 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I hope we're not but you're probably right. One thing PASR definitely does right are ski trips (with corresponding TR). Will be interesting to see if those happen. I'm hopeful but who the hell knows.

I’ll be taking plenty of ski trips if possible next season.  I have to makeup my Colorado trip I don’t think Verbier with @saltyant and @MattEDGE is gonna happen...I wouldn’t want to fly now but by then no worries..I know your kid is starting college...I hope for her sake things are better by then.  My friend who owns student rentals by Temple is nervous they’ll be totally online and people will back out of leases. 

We have time on our side with next ski season by then we could be close to herd immunity as we can’t possibly be locked down that whole time people will freak out.  I saw camelback is planning on opening in June. That crowd there I would avoid like the plague...lol

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ll be taking plenty of ski trips if possible next season.  I have to makeup my Colorado trip I don’t think Verbier with @saltyant and @MattEDGE is gonna happen...I wouldn’t want to fly now but by then no worries..I know your kid is starting college...I hope for her sake things are better by then.  My friend who owns student rentals by Temple is nervous they’ll be totally online and people will back out of leases. 

We have time on our side with next ski season by then we could be close to herd immunity as we can’t possibly be locked down that whole time people will freak out.  I saw camelback is planning on opening in June. That crowd there I would avoid like the plague...lol

We aren't going to have herd immunity. 

It’s being investigated.  More and more I think Covid-19 is manmade. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-03/pompeo-says-enormous-evidence-links-virus-to-wuhan-laboratory

if anybody has a spare 40 minutes watch this..it’s fascinating. He’s been reporting on and researching Covid-19 for over 100 days.  He calls it the honey badger virus as it’s so persistent and can’t be contained  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Chile next summer. Be there. Probably not nearly as many ppl as europe, prob cheaper and it's skiing in summer.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

i mean why don't you think there will be a vaccine. 

They will develop a vaccine. When? Idk. The fact that the majority of infected folks have mild/moderate cases means our immune system can detect and beat back the beast. This contrasts with HIV which left untreated means you die. And they still have not found a vaccine for HIV

24 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You can have middle seat on the plane between me and salty.  Apparently a good thing about South America is also no jet lag..

Crap I forgot I'm totally booked for next summer. Oh well maybe summer 2050

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

Yup. Why I love Sullivan County. One stoplight, 1 liquor store, no Walmart. No people 🙂. And it’s beautiful.