JF closed

C1erArt

Was there til 30 min before closed. Nice conditions but no way JF will be able to reopen 2 weekends from now without a dump of snow.

Could conceive of BB trying to pull it off goven their history - but dont know how their coverage is. 

Looks like CB will be only game in eastern PA after tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Smart move by Vail. 

Very. 

it’s one thing to close a PA resort that MAYBE has a week or two left, it’s another to close down resorts out west that have a solid 2 months left in the season. No one wants to be  “that guy” who is accelerates the spread of a disease whether it’s likely or not. 

Edited by Kyle
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Smart move by Vail. 

I have to give props to Vail, they are going to pay their employees for the week. That is an absolute huge dollar amount. 
As much as all of this sucks big hairy balls, the resorts are doing the right thing in my opinion. They could potentially be putting people at risk, including their employees.
shout out to Alterra too, but i think they did it after Vail. All the dominoes will eventually fall.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

While we’re on the topic of things closing, all state, local parks in Bucks and Montgomery County are closed.Perkiomen Trail closed. Liquor stores are closing tomorrow. 

This blows my mind. Why close a park? Being outside in the fresh air and not near too many people is probably one of the safer places to be. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Schif said:

This blows my mind. Why close a park? Being outside in the fresh air and not near too many people is probably one of the safer places to be. 

23 minutes ago, EdBacon said:

It's to prevent public gatherings.

Outside is one of the safer places to be, but not at a park. You can still transmit disease at a park very easily. Who is out there sanitizing hand rails? cleaning slides, swings, etc.? This time of the year many of the bathrooms at parks aren't even open yet and if they are, the likelihood of them having soap is minimal. For the good of our greater community, people need to practice social distancing and take it seriously. I don't get what is so hard to understand about that. 

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Outside is one of the safer places to be, but not at a park. You can still transmit disease at a park very easily. Who is out there sanitizing hand rails? cleaning slides, swings, etc.? This time of the year many of the bathrooms at parks aren't even open yet and if they are, the likelihood of them having soap is minimal. For the good of our greater community, people need to practice social distancing and take it seriously. I don't get what is so hard to understand about that. 

I was thinking state park, i.e. the woods more so than a playground. 

The school across from my office had a few guys out there the other day washing down the jungle gym. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Schif said:

Yes, I can understand closing a playground down, but if you want to take your kids for a walk or a bike ride in the park, you should be able to. 

6 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

State parks appear to be closed in the locked down counties, but I read that state parks otherwise won't close?  Remains to be seen.

I ran in a state park today...only saw a couple of people.  Beautiful day out.

Yes, it was a beautiful day. I’m a big believer in how being outside makes you feel great, and is a huge stress reducer. During these times, people need that. 

• Like 1