Only game in town - how much longer?

Ski2Live Live2Ski

State closed them down at end of today

Bathabathabathaba-that's all folks

Pretty confidently assuming Vail will not reopen for April 4-7 dates we planned to ski there - and even if they do there is no reason to believe flights will not be cancelled

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

State closed them down at end of today

Bathabathabathaba-that's all folks

Pretty confidently assuming Vail will not reopen for April 4-7 dates we planned to ski there - and even if they do there is no reason to believe flights will not be cancelled

were you able to get a refund??

9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

were you able to get a refund??

I have not asked yet. I figure once it gets closer and they officially extend the shutdown period to cover when I would have been there they will change their policy at the hotel from the current "credit to a later stay" policy to a "refund" policy (now in effect only for currently announced closure).

Similarly it will be easier to get airline refund once they decide to cancel flights or there are orders to not travel. 

Or if things miraculously go the other way and Vail is open and the consensus is that it is safe to fly I will take the trip - but I really doubt that will happen. 

25 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I have not asked yet. I figure once it gets closer and they officially extend the shutdown period to cover when I would have been there they will change their policy at the hotel from the current "credit to a later stay" policy to a "refund" policy (now in effect only for currently announced closure).

Similarly it will be easier to get airline refund once they decide to cancel flights or there are orders to not travel. 

Or if things miraculously go the other way and Vail is open and the consensus is that it is safe to fly I will take the trip - but I really doubt that will happen. 

I only have my flight booked for my Colorado trip next month.  I’ll probably just try to get credit or something. 

10 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Skitoo...will you take more direct flights to decrease infection possibilities? 

I am really not expecting them to re-open and not sure I will go if they do - the way risk analysis and pandemic progress changes every day it is impossible for me to forecast where things will be at in 17 days. 17 days ago this was an Asia issue.

But I expect I am either going to decide it is safe to fly and ski or not. I think I have one stop one way and direct the other. If I decide to go, 2 vs 3 flights would not change my analysis. A more likely change would be to rent a car rather than taking shuttle van between DIA and Vail. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

6 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I am really not expecting them to re-open and not sure I will go if they do - the way risk analysis and pandemic progress changes every day it is impossible for me to forecast where things will be at in 17 days. 17 days ago this was an Asia issue.

But I expect I am either going to decide it is safe to fly and ski or not. I think I have one stop one way and direct the other. If I decide to go, 2 vs 3 flights would not change my analysis. A more likely change would be to rent a car rather than taking shuttle van between DIA and Vail. 

It has been in the states for almost 2 months. Regardless, I don't think your trip will be happening, unfortunately. Just be safe. We need more music videos in the future.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

In my mind I'm goin to Colarado

Can't you breathe the thin air

Can't you just feel the snow

And ain't it just like a mountain ambassador to take me by the glove

Cause I'm goin to Colorado in my mind

That was terrible.  Almost as bad as my blue mountain rap set to Snoop doggs Gin and Juice. 

With so much drama at Blue mountain ski it’s kind of hard being that homey GrilledSteeze but some how some way I keep skiing those funky runs like every freaking day may I kick a little snow for the liftees 38 degrees and I tell Darla please crank up the six gotta get my ski fix..cause it’s 8 in the morning and the gates still closed...

rolling down the slopes on glenns Kendos sucking on PSUs snuss laid back it’s always sunny when you rolling with Mrs snowbunski..

Later on that day my homey SaltyA came through with a bag of frito lays RTMs done sprayed a wake that will get you half baked like you were watching Josh and Drake...so gonna take another run have some fun and watch JLaw tail gun 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That was terrible.  Almost as bad as my blue mountain rap set to Snoop doggs Gin and Juice. 

With so much drama at Blue mountain ski it’s kind of hard being that homey GrilledSteeze but some how some way I keep skiing those funky runs like every freaking day may I kick a little snow for the liftees 38 degrees and I tell Darla please crank up the six gotta get my ski fix..cause it’s 8 in the morning and the gates still closed...

rolling down the slopes on glenns Kendos sucking on PSUs snuss laid back it’s always sunny when you rolling with Mrs snowbunski..

Later on that day my homey SaltyA came through with a bag of frito lays RTMs done sprayed a wake that will get you half baked like you were watching Josh and Drake...so gonna take another run have some fun and watch JLaw tail fun..

No.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Schif said:

And this is just day 2 of the off season. I'm legitimately scared for what will happen in July and August......

Once I feel well enough to ski again I promise to do my part to bring some backcountry stoke here with pictures. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Later on that day my homey SaltyA came through with a bag of frito lays RTMs done sprayed a wake that will get you half baked like you were watching Josh and Drake...so gonna take another run have some fun and watch JLaw tail gun 

I did a double take when I saw sucking on PSU's....haha.  

Vail Resorts has closed all North American resorts for the year. 

Vail Resorts has announced that its North American resorts and retail stores will be closed for the 2019-20 winter ski season amidst the continued challenges associated with the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).