Only game in town - how much longer?

Ski2Live Live2Ski

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

This was a “pleasure” visit and had nothing to do with getting anything from the office or anything to do with work that’s why most of the people had a problem with it. Said person was already working from home and came in because they “got bored”. 

Chances are I’m getting one as I make less than $65k a year, but as nice as that would be, I don’t need it because I can work from home and I’m still getting 100% of my income so it’s life as usual.  I would rather see it go to my single father neighbor who’s a chef (and now out of work) and has a 1 year old and likely has bills to pay and is relying on an unemployment check every week. 

You’re welcome to give it to him. I’m seeing that people with dependents will likely get more money. I also saw somewhere it could be for people who make up to $100k...

55 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Doug what do you know about having kids? This is a huge problem for lots of people. And no, not everyone has a babysitter. You have no clue. 

When parents have a date night or go on vacation without the kids either a babysitter or relatives watch them.  I know about it cause I was once a kid and a lot of my friends have kids.  I’m not Doug I’m GrilledSteeze.  I don’t even know what your street name is, it’s probably like Linda.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

On top of working, we're required to keep them learning too. They took home their iPads which have e-learning courses that they need to be taking, in addition to worksheets and whatnot. Thankfully our work situation allows us to accommodate this, not to mention that our respective employers have been really understanding, knowing kids are home. I do empathize with people who have jobs that don't allow them to work at home in between "lessons" or making lunch. That has to be tough.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

On top of working, we're required to keep them learning too. They took home their iPads which have e-learning courses that they need to be taking, in addition to worksheets and whatnot. Thankfully our work situation allows us to accommodate this, not to mention that our respective employers have been really understanding, knowing kids are home. I do empathize with people who have jobs that don't allow them to work at home in between "lessons" or making lunch. That has to be tough.

This e learning stuff is going to fuck my shit up today.  With my wife being at work at the hospital all day (gross and concerning), I’ll have my kids with me at work and am supposed to guide them through these school lessons, all while performing the main finance function of a company that is hugely impacted by the current volatility in the markets.  Should be a great day!  Time to hop aboard the no stress express!

We were talking about a babysitter, but all my wife’s family that we would usually ask are like 70 so that’s not cool, and I don’t really trust that some college student isn’t going straight from my house to hang out in a large group of people.  

Strange experience we are all having for sure, but at the end of this at least I’m getting extra time with my kids, and society as a whole will hopefully take away some good lessons about consumption, relationships etc.  

• Like 9

7 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

When parents have a date night or go on vacation without the kids either a babysitter or relatives watch them.  I know about it cause I was once a kid and a lot of my friends have kids.  I’m not Doug I’m GrilledSteeze.  I don’t even know what your street name is, it’s probably like Linda.  

Not everyone has relatives close by. And being a kid once is not the same as having kids. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

This e learning stuff is going to fuck my shit up today.  With my wife being at work at the hospital all day (gross and concerning), I’ll have my kids with me at work and am supposed to guide them through these school lessons, all while performing the main finance function of a company that is hugely impacted by the current volatility in the markets.  Should be a great day!  Time to hop aboard the no stress express!

We were talking about a babysitter, but all my wife’s family that we would usually ask are like 70 so that’s not cool, and I don’t really trust that some college student isn’t going straight from my house to hang out in a large group of people.  

Strange experience we are all having for sure, but at the end of this at least I’m getting extra time with my kids, and society as a whole will hopefully take away some good lessons about consumption, relationships etc.  

Maybe they can stay with Doug at the hotel house? 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Has your firm been making bank off of short selling stocks in airlines??  Hang in there NMSki the kiddos will be back at school in the fall. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

27 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Yeah, I guess I'm lucky in that sense that I don't have to worry about really keeping up with schoolwork for my daughter.  She's probably going to trash the house and we'll read some books and do some type of learning, but it's not like I have to worry about following a lesson plan or anything.  I don't really have anyone to watch my daughter either, but my in-laws offered to take her for the weekend as long as everyone's feeling OK, so I'll get a break then.  

• Like 2

to clarify, people were not mad with the general idea of a child being here.  co-workers bring their kids into work all the time.  people were mad that a child came in during this time, as they said childeren are germ incubators.  personally i was fine with it and dont have a problem with kids being here.  what sucks is when co workers say something like "Watch my kid for me" or "Do you know where my kid is"   (one guy says both these things everytime he brings his kid in)

• Confused 1

What people don't realize is; This is not about "getting" it. It is about not spreading it. We're all going to be exposed to it at some point. It's about slowing the spread so the health care system is not overloaded to the point where they have to choose who to treat and who to let wait. Wait until it is possibly too late to help them.

Bringing a two year around because you're "bored"? I think they are more stupid than bored.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

to clarify, people were not mad with the general idea of a child being here.  co-workers bring their kids into work all the time.  people were mad that a child came in during this time, as they said childeren are germ incubators.  personally i was fine with it and dont have a problem with kids being here.  what sucks is when co workers say something like "Watch my kid for me" or "Do you know where my kid is"   (one guy says both these things everytime he brings his kid in)

TP4 are you still shaking hands with customers??  My friend who’s a childless teacher has it best...her biggest worry is that they’ll run out of blunt wraps.  She teaches at a ghetto Philly school so I don’t think those kids have iPads and stuff.  

43 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

TP4 are you still shaking hands with customers??  My friend who’s a childless teacher has it best...her biggest worry is that they’ll run out of blunt wraps.  She teaches at a ghetto Philly school so I don’t think those kids have iPads and stuff.  

The Salt Lake City area just had a 5.7 earthquake.  Damn Daniel. 

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

im trying not to shake hands but most people still want to

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It’s crazy it’s hard for people to change habits.  Do you think your dealership will shutdown for awhile when the shit hits the fan??  

as of now we have been given zero information since this all went down.  rumor has it today we are being informed of switching to half shifts and half pay.

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If that happens will you collect unemployment. 

Speaking of unemployment, my mom works in one of those offices and they are getting slammed. Considered an essential service they are not closing and not working from home. 

43 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

i didnt realize i could collect umemployment if I am still employed, just at half hours

Sure you can and you should because you’re entitled to it. Just had to turn away another customer.  The old people seem much less concerned about this or aren’t tuned in. 

47 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

i didnt realize i could collect umemployment if I am still employed, just at half hours

It depends on how much money you’ll make part time. Sometimes working part time is actually harmful in how much money unemployment gives you. You make out better not working at all