Only game in town - how much longer?

Ski2Live Live2Ski

High traverse at Alta lol. That is not RTM-land. Not trying to gatekeep good skiing, but the locals do not take kindly to people mucking up that traverse.

Salty, if you want velvety groomers, DV and PC/Canyons should be top of your list. Brighton has some good groomers in the middle of the mountain but is definitely more the kinda place where it’s super easy to find some fun but “smaller” off trail stuff right off the groomers. Also stuff out the gate off milli is great but know what you’re getting into. It’s out of bounds and you can end up in trouble real quick if you take the wrong turn.

Snow basin should also be up on your list. Olympic downhill course from the SLC olympics with an awesome old tin can gondola to get to the top. Wide groomers of varying pitches, good snowmaking where needed, snowbird-lite off piste terrain like JP, middle bow circque, and the strawberry chutes easily accessed from high speed gondolas, and deer valley esque facilities like [mention]toast21602 [/mention]’s favorite golden toilets. The burgers up top at the JP lodge are some of the best I’ve had with an amazing view, too.

Stay in Ogden for cheap, or eden/liberty/Huntsville for closer access to basin and powder mtn. PowMow is fun, but don’t go there to ski the groomers, and if you go there on a day with fresh snow, demo some wider skis. It’s kinda flat, comparatively, so wider skis will allow you to have a much more fun time off trail than the RTMs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks [mention=103]Justo8484[/mention]. Yeah, I'm not doing anything crazy like going out of bounds, lol. Absolutely not. Mostly groomers and easy trees that I can go in and out of and ski back onto a groomed trail again.

Then you’ll love DV and PC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hog wash, go to Alta and ski the High T to gun sight followed by the High T to HighBoy to end the day, then have a beer on the deck. The next day go to Bird and ski the Cirque to elevator then rats nest to hanging bowl on the next lap then go directly to the tram bar and order the local and tell everyone how rad you are.

On second thought, stay in PC you’ll love it on that side of the hill.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, eaf said:

Salty, do you have a pass for all of this, or are you just going to pay $180-$220 per day?

I'm fine just paying whatever (within reason) when I go on vacation. I paid $350 to rent a motorboat on Lake Placid for 2 hours. It was epic!

Edited by saltyant

I'm fine just paying whatever (within reason) when I go on vacation. I paid $350 to rent a motorboat on Lake Placid for 2 hours. It was epic!

Your best bet might be an Epic Day pass for 4-5 days to do PC/Canyons and I think you can do snowbasin on it too? Then add in a day at DV if you’re feeling bougie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, GSSucks said:

Hog wash, go to Alta and ski the High T to gun sight followed by the High T to HighBoy to end the day, then have a beer on the deck. The next day go to Bird and ski the Cirque to elevator then rats nest to hanging bowl on the next lap then go directly to the tram bar and order the local and tell everyone how rad you are.

That sounds great except I don't drink beer.

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, GSSucks said:

Hog wash, go to Alta and ski the High T to gun sight followed by the High T to HighBoy to end the day

How often do they groom HighBoy each day? Does HighBoy have the moguls? Should I rent smaller RTMs for that trail? Sometimes I get nervous skiing a groomed trail with moguls on the side and my intense breathing fogs up my goggles.

Edited by saltyant
  • Confused 1

How often do they groom HighBoy each day? Does HighBoy have the moguls? Should I rent smaller RTMs for that trail? Sometimes I get nervous skiing a groomed trail with moguls on the side and my intense breathing fogs up my goggles.

High boy is groomed hourly, it’s a popular ski trail.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2021 at 12:16 PM, Justo8484 said:

Your best bet might be an Epic Day pass for 4-5 days to do PC/Canyons and I think you can do snowbasin on it too? Then add in a day at DV if you’re feeling bougie.

So here's what I'm thinking. I'll have 6 ski days:

• 2 days at Park City (or Deer Valley)
  • 2 days at Brighton (or Solitude)
  • 2 days at Snowbasin (or Powder Mountain)

Sound legit?? I know people on here will say to skip PC, but I'd like to ski the largest resort in the USA and also stay near the town for a few days. I could always do DV as well.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2
  • Boner City 2

23 minutes ago, saltyant said:

So here's what I'm thinking. I'll have 6 ski days:

• 2 days at Park City (or Deer Valley)
  • 2 days at Brighton (or Solitude)
  • 2 days at Snowbasin (or Powder Mountain)

Sound legit?? I know people on here will say to skip PC, but I'd like to ski the largest resort in the USA and also stay near the town for a few days. I could always do DV as well.

If you're going to be in PC for two days, check out two places. If you are going to be driving up Big Cottonwood Canyon both days, go to Brighton and Solitude. If you are going to be driving/Staying in Ogden two days, go to Powder and Basin.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

If you're going to be in PC for two days, check out two places. If you are going to be driving up Big Cottonwood Canyon both days, go to Brighton and Solitude. If you are going to be driving/Staying in Ogden two days, go to Powder and Basin.

I might do 6 mountains in 6 days, but not sure if it'll be tiring learning a new layout every day. At each new mountain I have to figure out where to park so I don't have to walk far, how to get lift tickets, mountain layout, how not to get completely lost, etc.

Edited by saltyant

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I might do 6 mountains in 6 days, but not sure if it'll be tiring learning a new layout every day. At each new mountain I have to figure out where to park so I don't have to walk far, how to get lift tickets, mountain layout, how not to get completely lost, etc.

It isn't that difficult. Just go ski. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1