Only game in town - how much longer?

Ski2Live Live2Ski

I feel like Salty, if skiing alone, may get lost at powder mountain.

Is being stuck at the bottom of hidden lake the same as being lost? It is very easy to just keep ending up at the hidden lake quad if you don’t know your way around there. Looks like they’ve added a few lifts since I was there last. Looks way too easy to get the goods now. Get off my lawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Boner City 1

23 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

He's 30 years old. If he can't get around a ski area with a trail map then maybe skiing out west isn't for him.

WJW. I'm 32. And my navigational skills are phenomenal. The best ever. I drove from Denver to LA using paper maps and only used GPS in Las Vegas and LA.

Edited by saltyant

37 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I often just ski whatever trail looks fun and dont look at the trail map all the time or memorize it before hand. I know it'll come out to a lift eventually. As long as I dont go out of bounds I'm good. Around closing I start making my way back to where I'm parked so I dont get stranded when the lifts close.

Edited by saltyant

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

So here's what I'm thinking. I'll have 6 ski days:

• 2 days at Park City (or Deer Valley)
  • 2 days at Brighton (or Solitude)
  • 2 days at Snowbasin (or Powder Mountain)

Sound legit?? I know people on here will say to skip PC, but I'd like to ski the largest resort in the USA and also stay near the town for a few days. I could always do DV as well.

@saltyantwhen are you doing utahhhh? I have an ikon pass and I get 25% ticket prices (friends & fam discount). Happy to help you if we’re here at the same time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, saltyant said:

WJW. I'm 32. And my navigational skills are phenomenal. The best ever. I drove from Denver to LA using paper maps and only used GPS in Las Vegas and LA.

Wow that’s reminds me of a Bruno Mars song,”Amazing”. Is that the road trip where you got carded when you bought a five pack of Yoo hoo?

38 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I often just ski whatever trail looks fun and dont look at the trail map all the time or memorize it before hand. I know it'll come out to a lift eventually. As long as I dont go out of bounds I'm good. Around closing I start making my way back to where I'm parked so I dont get stranded when the lifts close.

C0BB3768-CF08-4A0F-ADCA-8F041BF97057.jpeg

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

8 hours ago, Justo8484 said:

Is being stuck at the bottom of hidden lake the same as being lost? It is very easy to just keep ending up at the hidden lake quad if you don’t know your way around there. Looks like they’ve added a few lifts since I was there last. Looks way too easy to get the goods now. Get off my lawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been staying out of the "where Sallyant should ski" thread, but its my opinion that taking full advantage of Powder requires someone with some knowledge of the place.  This was also the the place that RR, Phillycore and myself were way way off in wherever land when PC did a superman, ending with a pretty serious blow to the head.  In the middle of no where.   Luckily he has a pretty thick head.  I havent paid attention to lift upgrades there either, but i think when in doubt, Powder Country is a fairly to navigate, but probably not the best skiing that place has to offer.  

I have been staying out of the "where Sallyant should ski" thread, but its my opinion that taking full advantage of Powder requires someone with some knowledge of the place.  This was also the the place that RR, Phillycore and myself were way way off in wherever land when PC did a superman, ending with a pretty serious blow to the head.  In the middle of no where.   Luckily he has a pretty thick head.  I havent paid attention to lift upgrades there either, but i think when in doubt, Powder Country is a fairly to navigate, but probably not the best skiing that place has to offer.  

What a fucking day that was. No lift either at the bottom of powder country...gotta take the bus back if I recall. Imagine salty back there without a guide?

Just now, RidgeRacer said:

What a fucking day that was. No lift either at the bottom of powder country...gotta take the bus back if I recall. Imagine salty back there without a guide?

That experience sounds awesome. But like I mentioned, I will not be skiing backcountry or out of bounds areas. I'll be on marked trails and hit up some easy woods. If Powder Mountain is such that it's easy to accidentally go out of bounds, then maybe Powder Mountain isn't the best option for me skiing solo.

Just now, saltyant said:

That experience sounds awesome. But like I mentioned, I will not be skiing backcountry or out of bounds areas. I'll be on marked trails and hit up some easy woods. If Powder Mountain is such that it's easy to accidentally go out of bounds, then maybe Powder Mountain isn't the best option for me skiing solo.

Nobody said you get lost out of bounds. You will be fine.

• Thanks 1

Go to PowMow and ski the dam place, I think you will really enjoy it. Youre not an idiot, you cant get lost lifts to up, its a ski area, if you get lost or go out of bounds un-knowingly youre fucking dumb. PowMow has some of the most fun mellow wide open tree skiing Ive ever done, and its easy to get to. 

Make sure whatever car you rent is 4x4 or AWD with proper tires or you will not make it up the canyons if the traction law is in effect. They will turn you around, or just plan on taking the bus. 

• Like 2
  • Boner City 2