Boot Fitters

mikes781

who knows what the ski shop scene looks like next year, but i trust adam at buckmans in whitehall. not sure how frequently he works though, since it's not his full time job. tyler in ardmore is great, but i'm 99.9% sure he won't be working at the shop next year. i'd love to get my hands back into the bootfitting game but i don't have the time for a part time job right now. first step would be getting an aftermarket footbed in your boot if you don't already have one. even a set of superfeet will be much, much better than whatever came stock in your boot.

who knows what the ski shop scene looks like next year, but i trust adam at buckmans in whitehall. not sure how frequently he works though, since it's not his full time job. tyler in ardmore is great, but i'm 99.9% sure he won't be working at the shop next year. i'd love to get my hands back into the bootfitting game but i don't have the time for a part time job right now. first step would be getting an aftermarket footbed in your boot if you don't already have one. even a set of superfeet will be much, much better than whatever came stock in your boot.

Thanks for sure can’t get anything done in the near future. I did get a costume footbed done from The Boot Pro in Ludlow, VT two years ago and it helped stabilize things. I have one foot is a little larger than the other and was sized based off of it. Probably should have gone with what fit the smaller foot and had the boot for the other one punched out. They aren’t too far off each other but I’m starting to notice a little movement with less than 30 days in them.

Thanks for sure can’t get anything done in the near future. I did get a costume footbed done from The Boot Pro in Ludlow, VT two years ago and it helped stabilize things. I have one foot is a little larger than the other and was sized based off of it. Probably should have gone with what fit the smaller foot and had the boot for the other one punched out. They aren’t too far off each other but I’m starting to notice a little movement with less than 30 days in them.

Yeah generally I would always shell size for the smaller foot and tweak the other boot to fit the bigger foot. Way easier to make a boot bigger than smaller, within reason. Some high density foam rubber pads can probably take up some of the space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
55 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I’ve been spending a lot on paper towels as the waterproofing on my boots is shot.  Totally forgot until today that Wawa has complimentary boot driers in their lobbies

IMG_0495.thumb.jpeg.025d53138cdb78158b681107fb4e1283.jpeg

Do you have a boot dryer?  I gave mine away to my delivery driver. I actually might have a second one in my storage unit(office)